Welcome to your afternoon dose of denim news, links, sales, and other irresistible tid bits of denim industry inside info & our personal picks after scanning the web. Check out what’s happening (and totally not happening) in the world of denim now. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. NYC-based boutique Court is currently closed for renovations, so for the next two days anyone can enter the phrase FRESHPAINT at checkout on their e-shop and get 20% off.
2. Heidi Klum went for nautical stripes and medium-wash cut-off blue jean shorts for her “look of the day” last week—we like!
3. J Brand & Intermix let three style bloggers score free reign on the meatpacking boutique to put together outfits with a theme: Coated Denim. Check out what they came up with.
4. A slogan we’re quite fond of in an Australian shop window, advertising Dr. Denim: “A Matter of Life & Denim”.
5. Denim Blog scours the latest cinematic teen craze, Footloose, for Levi’s denim (and finds plenty).
—Michelle Christina Larsen & Jackie Racer
Tags: denim discount, denim sale, Dr. Denim, footloose, heidi klum, Intermix, J Brand, Levi's Denim
Supermodel, Project Runway host and super mom Heidi Klum shows that she’s got it all in the August issue of Glamour Magazine. Heidi wears MiH Jeans on the cover, looking casual glam. A bonus inside cover features Heidi in J Brand Jeans, and she wears Maison Martin Margiela jeans on the inside spread. Shot in West Hollywood and New York City by Matthias Vriens-McGrath, her wardrobe is styled with a mix of high and low separates, including pieces from her own jewelry line.
This issue is also Glamour’s jeans issue, in which their editors tried on 859 pairs of jeans to find the best fit! A winning smile, Project Runway in its ninth season, and new product endorsements: this lady is solid gold! The August issue hits newsstands on July 5.
More images at Glamour Magazine online.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: Glamour Magazine, heidi klum, J Brand Jeans, Maison Martin Margiela, MiH Jeans