On Oscar weekend, Mad Men‘s January Jones was snapped at the Chanel pre-Oscars party in a Chanel dress and a TEXTILE Elizabeth and James denim jacket. We thought she was pretty daring at first, until we found out another actress, Emma Stone, also dressed similarly. Is this a new trend emerging, you may ask? Time will tell, but we’re always up for trying something a bit glam and rebellious, just like January.
Images via Zimbio.
When a girl loves her denim jacket, let no man put asunder! Try the go-to denim jacket with a multitude of black dinner dresses and decide for yourself what works for you.
GET THE LOOK
1. A white denim jacket is a delicate daytime alternative for January’s look. J Crew Nolita White Denim Jacket ($98) – buy it at J Crew.
2. If you must wear a denim jacket with an evening gown, try a black one on for size. Current/Elliott The Snap Jacket (on sale for $214.20) – buy it at Shopbop.
3. The quilted handbag is a Chanel signature, but we think this one is cute, too. Michael Kors Quilted Cross Body Bag ($214.50) – buy it at My-Wardrobe.
4. If you do go with a maxi dress, we suggest something more figure-loving. MARC by Marc Jacobs Swirl Stripe Jersey Dress ($278) – buy it at Bergdorf Goodman.
5. You can still get that halter look, but who says it has to cover your fabulous gams? LOFT Convertible Halter Knit Dress ($49.50) – buy it at LOFT.
6. If you don’t dare to wear a see-through lace number like January’s Chanel dress, try sporting sexy lace on your feet! Gianni Melani Lace Calfskin Ankle Bootie ($478.30) – buy it at My-Wardrobe.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: Academy Awards, black denim, Chanel, denim jacket, halter dress, halter gown, January Jones, Mad Men, Oscars, parties, Unknown (2011), white denim