GQ’s editors rounded up their top picks for men’s denim recently. On their list? Classics like the Levi’s 511, and custom jeans from 3×1. Denim snobs will be pleased to see the likes of A.P.C. making two appearances as well. They go on to provide styling tips (like layering a denim jacket under a blazer), and declare that it’s OK to show off your package in a pair of skinny jeans. In fact, it’s not optional.
Read the GQ’s editors’ top denim picks full article.
Tags: 3x1, best mens denim, custom jeans for men, denim shopping guide, GQ Magazine, how to wear a denim jacket, skinny jeans for men
Do you still think only European men are rocking the colored jeans? Well, look again. GQ Magazine‘s roving photographer Ben Ferrari snapped not only stylish New York City men who know how to layer clothes appropriately for winter, but those who wore it well with bright blue, khaki and even purple jeans! Fashionistos apparently don’t fear a little color in their wardrobe. Check out some of our favorite looks.
See more at GQ Magazine online.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: blue steel, colored denim, GQ Magazine, jeans for men, Men's Street Style, sidewalk runway
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and other irresistible tid bits of inside info! Catch up on what’s happening (or totally not happening) and browse our personal picks after scanning the web this morning. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Mother Denim has released a new style—it’s called the Prep trouser, which comes in key fits the Looker, the Curfew, or the Crop Runway. Grab them for $185.
2. Speaking of new styles, Joe’s Jeans has also released a new future-best-seller: red drawstring denim shorts with a front lace-up feature.
3. Jessica Alba demonstrates an amazing sense of color palette coordination in this outfit, utilizing a pair of Nobody Denim Mod skinny jeans in Amber. It’s so rare that celeb shots are actually stylish! Well played, J.
4. GQ has a four page article up on the history of the menswear blogging movement (for which their records date back about 12 years).
5. Honeysuckle has been ousted as the favorite color of the people (and more importantly, the fashion world). Last week, Pantone named Tangerine Tango the 2012 Color Of The Year. We guess Maria Menounos knew this already.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: 2012 color of the year, colored denim, GQ Magazine, honeysuckle, Jessica Alba, Joe's Jeans, menswear blog, mother denim, pantone, prep trouser, red shorts, skinny jeans, tangerine tango
Last night was an unbelievable Fashion’s Night Out event at Saks Fifth Avenue in Beverly Hills! As part of GQ Magazine‘s “Authentic Denim” event, Denim Therapy, The Denim Guy and Denimology were embedded in the trenches to seek out the industry’s top denim brands and stylish party people. From AG Jeans to True Religion, Saks has proven to be the denim mecca for those on a pilgrimage to find the best jeans in the world. As much as we want to share all the free swag being doled out (cocktails, hand-rolled cigars, craft beer, custom totebags, and more cocktails), we were thoroughly impressed (and amused) with all the denim-clad male model-staffers walking around, making sure everything was “alright” and practically feeding us grapes while we blogged. We’ve got some highlights from the event here, in case you didn’t partake in the festivities!
It was especially nice to meet with and speak to many people who stopped by our blogger station. Thanks to Saks Fifth Avenue Beverly Hills for providing the platform to communicate our love of denim. Special thanks to Doctrine Jeans for giving us the blogger station. Thanks to The Denim Guy for being our partner in crime once again! Stay tuned for more of Denim Therapy’s Fashion’s Night Out coast-to-coast coverage.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: #FNOatSaks, denim brands, denim events, denim mecca, denim sales, denimology, designer jeans in Los Angeles, Fashion's Night Out, GQ Magazine, Saks Fifth Avenue, The Denim Guy, where to find designer jeans