Christmas is a mere 5 days away, and if you still have holiday shopping to do, you’re just like the vast majority of people in America! ho ho ho…! The last second rush doesn’t have to be a nightmare though, with a list of awesome gift ideas and websites that offer overnight shipping on hand. Below are great gift ideas we’ve selected for the denim loving (and just plain stylin’) men and women in your life. So grab a latte, sit back, and enjoy the holidays.
↓ Scroll and shop our holiday gift guide! ↓
Gift guide for women:
1. MiH Jeans Marrakesh in Klein Blue Velvet
2. Topshop Moto Raspberry Denim Hotpants
3. Shashi One Row Denim Bracelet
4. CURRENT/ELLIOTT Dark Tin Belted Denim Dress
5. Denim & Supply Cotton Jersey Beret
6. MiH Jeans Vintage Denim Top
Gift guide for men:
1. MS&Co. Selvedge Denim Shoe Bags
2. Denim & Supply Ralph Lauren Bag, Denim Duffle
3. Creep by Hiroshi Awai Denim Mountain Parka
4. Horace Patchwork Denim Jacket
5. Wintercheck Chambray Scarf
6. ASOS Skinny Fit Jeans In Cord
And one more bright idea: the ultimate holiday gift is a Denim Therapy gift card, good for any of our amazing services in denim repair and alteration!
Tags: christmas 2011, gift guide, holiday 2011, mens denim, shopping guide, what to buy, womens denim
Denim Therapy’s expert denim repair service was featured in People Magazine‘s holiday gift guide! The series called out gifts for celebs and stars who could use them, and we were bestowed the honor of being an ideal gift for Kate Middleton! You’ll recall that she wore her J Brand jeans for days on royal business, and not even royal jeans can hold up forever.
“For the girl who isn’t afraid to recycle her denim (Kate once wore the same J Brand jeans three days in a row!), we’d treat her to a gift card to Denim Therapy, the company that repairs holes, wear, and scuffed hems. The Duchess could even use the credit to preemptively reinforce her favorite blues to avoid getting caught with an embarrassing tear.”
Looking for a way to extend the life of your jeans? We do jean repair on holes, tears, wear, zippers, belt-loops, and so much more. We also do tailoring, hemming, dying, and alterations for maternity. Check out our denim repair and alteration services for ways we can help your blue-jean-BFF’s stay in your life for the long run!
And Kate, if you’re reading, we’ll definitely help you out too. ; )
Tags: Denim Repair, Denim Therapy, fix jeans, gift guide, hemming, jean repair, kate middleton, people magazine, repair my jeans, ripped jeans
We love handmade gifts (a few of us are even devout DIY-ers here at DT), so when we decided to put together a gift guide this year, we thought, why make one of them a round-up of cool and crafty denim items! This way you support an independent artist/designer by purchasing, or get some ideas to make your own. Check out our picks from Etsy below.
1. Denim wallet ($34) – buy it at Etsy.
2. Fingerless Denim Gloves with Wooden Buttons ($25) – buy it at Etsy.
3. P.S. I LOVE YOU Denim Postcard ($12) – buy it at Etsy.
4. Hand Made Cotton Rag Rug Runner ($110) – buy it at Etsy.
5. Denim Patchwork Sofa ($2,000) – buy it at Etsy.
6. Men’s Denim Neckwarmer ($17.50) – buy it at Etsy.
7. Vintage LEVIS Purple dip-dyed shorts ($60) – buy it at Etsy.
8. Organic denim wrap skirt ($118) – buy it at Etsy.
9. Dark Blue Denim Bowtie ($23) – buy it at Etsy.
10. Denim Tool Apron (for kids) ($12.50) – buy it at Etsy.
Tags: denim accessories, denim bowtie, denim shorts, denim skirt, denim wallet, dip dye, DIY, gift guide, handmade, holiday, shopping guide
By Paul, founder of Lavish Livez:
“It’s CHRISTMAS! Not to be cliche or anything, but I love giving even more than I love receiving. The key to gifting something that won’t be re-gifted or donated after a few uses is to really think about what the gift-recipient loves, what fits their style, and what will excite them. I do that with my girlfriend’s gifts, and she wears them everyday! That’s the best feeling. Give functional, awesome items, and you’ll be good to go. Christmas is coming up fast, so Denim Therapy asked me to pick out a few of my favorite denim (and non-denim pieces on the web so you can get inspired for your gifting.
1. Levi’s Denim Tie.
“Levi’s is one of the original denim companies and they never stop to amaze me, because they are always reinventing themselves while still keeping their identity. You can imagine your stylish guy friends wearing this tie with a chambray shirt or even a crisp white dress shirt.”
2. Filson Green Briefcase.
“Men have only recently ventured into bags. If we were not going to the office or to the gym, you would almost never see us carrying luggage. But now it’s picking up, to the point where there’s no excuse to have your pockets bulging with keys, wallet, water bottle, phone, etc. This simple, stylish approach is good for an entire day of whatever you’re doing.”
3. Good Wood Lobster Bow Tie.
“This is different. This is unique. Love lobster? Even better. Good Wood is an accessories label out of Brooklyn, creating every piece by hand. This Lobster bow tie is held together by a magnetic back, so you can actually affix it to whatever you want.”
4. MS and Co Denim iPad & iPhone Combo Case.
If he loves his iPhone/iPad and is a huge denim snob, then this selvedge denim iPad/Iphone case combo is THE gift to give this holiday! After a few months, his iPhone case will have really cool fade to it, making his one of a kind.
1. Marc Jacobs’s Coated Black Denim Jeans.
“These are so rock’n'roll, and you can rock them for three seasons out of four, whether you’re wearing a motorcycle boot or some converse sneakers.”
2. Scotch & Soda Prologue Limited Edition Organic Jeans.
“These totally organic jeans feature green thread selvedge, which is a very minor but distinct detail (all denim-heads love those), a keychain and lucky coin. They’re also just a really stylish, versatile pair of jeans.”
3. Gitman Bros Red Chambray Shirt.
“Everyone’s been doing blue chambray all year. Let’s switch it up! What’s more festive than this versatile hue? And wouldn’t it look amazing with that Levi’s denim tie? *wink wink*”
4. Nudie Jeans Co. denim sports jacket.
“This is a classic design—simple, not boring. Let him pair this medium weight jacket with his favorite jeans and some fresh kicks, and he’ll look like a million bucks, but never stuffy.”
Huge thanks to Paul from Lavish Livez for stopping by to share his recs with Denim Therapy’s audience. Stay tuned for more great gift picks, coming your way. Happy Shopping!
—DT Staff & Lavish Livez
Tags: christmas, Denim Menswear, filson green briefcase, gift guide, gifts for men, good wood, holiday, iPad case, levi's denim tie, lobster bowtie, scotch & soda jeans, shopping guide
Cosmopolitan Magazine‘s holiday gifts-for-guys guide mentioned our expert denim repair service as a gift that can literally change lives—and we couldn’t agree more! Here’s what one recipient of such a gift had to say:
“Last Christmas, I unwrapped the present from my girlfriend and it was my favorite pair of jeans. Like the actual pair I already owned. I was so confused till I held them up and saw that she’d had the holes fixed and the scuffed hems repaired. She found this place called Denim Therapy that repairs even the most beat up jeans and makes them look like new. Seriously, such a freaking cool gift.” —Michael
Check out the full article! Check out our website to get started on your own repair today, or grab a gift card to gift to the denim lovers in your life this holiday season! We do hems, maternity adjustments, tailoring, hardware replacement, bleaching, dyeing, and more!
Tags: cosmo magazine, cosmopolitan magazine, Denim Repair, Denim Therapy, gift guide, Hem Jeans, how to fix jeans, repair jeans, what to buy for guys
You’ve surely already checked out our holiday gift round-up and our awesome Denim Therapy gift cards (not to mention the amazing contest we have going on right now with 7 for all Mankind), but if you’re still searching for items to satisfy the denim-addicts on your list, it’s your lucky day! Etsy, home of independently-run mini-markets for vintage and hand-made items, has enough denim to keep you fa-la-la-la-la’ing right through the new year. Check out these great buys below—all hand-made!
1. Recycled Denim Flower Necklace ($56) – buy it at mademoisellemermaid.
2. Recycled Denim iPad Sleeve ($29) – buy it at MyGreenMonkeyDesigns.
3. The Petal Wristlet in Dark Gray Denim ($37) – buy it at definitionofself.
4. Denim Blue Rosette Brooch ($6) – buy it at browneyedgirlsboutiq.
5. Denim Shoulder Bag ($32) – buy it at shoks.
6. OAK Refashioned Denim Zip Front Sleeveless Dress ($108) – buy it at glamspoon.
Stay tuned for our guide to the vintage denim of Etsy tomorrow…
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: denim gift guide, etsy, gift guide, hand-made, holiday 2010, homemade
Missed out on anything this week? We make catching up easy with our round up of the most exciting blog posts we cooked up for you in the past seven days. You’re welcome!
1. Add Spice to Your Holiday with a Denim Party Dress—Denim might not be your first fabrication of choice when planning glamorous evening attire during the holidays, but if you want to add some edge to your look, we suggest you give cliche prom queen fabrics a goodbye kiss (beneath the mistletoe, of course)… Keep reading! ?
2. We Heart Charlotte Ronson!—Charlotte Ronson is somewhat of an industry sweetheart, and it’s not hard to see why. Standing apart from her rockstar siblings, she quickly established herself with her rock’n’roll fashion label, which took off swiftly after it launched. We had the chance to ask the designer some questions… Keep reading! ?
3. Gifts for Denim Lovers—There’s just under a month left to find the perfect gift for everyone on your list, but if your loved ones are as crazy about denim as you are, you need look no further!… Keep reading! ?
4. BOSS Orange: Street Style Inspiration Direct From The Runway—There is no doubt that street style fashion is at an all time high, and whether we like it or not it’s not going anywhere anytime soon. In fact, it’s had such an impression that even many designers have been looking to the streets for inspiration, and HUGO BOSS is no exception… Keep reading! ?
5. Stylish as Folk—In case you needed a quick reminder of how sexy denim can be, in comes bombshell Keke Lindgard in Elle France November 2010, in the Folk Allure editorial… Keep reading! ?
6. Get The Look: Mila Kunis Headlines Nylon Magazine—If you’ve read much about the upcoming movie, “Black Swan” starring Mila Kunis and Natalie Portman, then you know it’s going to be a draw for all the fans who follow these two girls’ every style move… Keep reading! ?
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: best of the week, best posts, BOSS Orange, Charlotte Ronson, denim party dress, gift guide, Keke Lindgard, links, Mila Kunis, nylon magazine, shopping guide, Weekly Round Up