We almost wish it was the beginning of fall again.
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and everything else we couldn’t help but share. Check out what’s happening (and totally not happening) in the world of denim now. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Uniqlo is opening up their huge 5th ave location this Friday—and to celebrate, you can pick up a pair of limited edition skinny jeans for just $9.90. Wanna look inside the store before the masses pile in?
2. Christa Michalaros has been named the DKNY Jeans President. Having left footprints at Tommy Hilfiger, Liz Claiborne, and other noteworthy brands. “DKNY Jeans has such amazing brand recognition and it reaches so many women at many different levels,” Michalaros said. “I believe there is tremendous opportunity by bringing the brand back in-house.”
3. It’s so nice to see models smiling! So nice, that it’s the concept of Blanco’s “Autumn Smile” Campaign—featuring Rianne Ten Haken & Giedre Dukauskaite (and some great denim).
4. Still in the market for the perfect denim tote bag this fall? Rawr Denim introduced us to the Pure Blue Japan Selvedge 5 Pockets Tote Bag, and we want one bad.
5. Earnest Sewn is hosting a raffle for a denim iPAD case this Friday at their Fashion Island store in Newport Beach. Want in on this? Stop by between 9AM – 9PM with a receipt for your new iPhone 4S from the apple store to receive a raffle ticket for a chance to win!
The Earnest Sewn Co.
1075 Newport Center Dr.
Newport Beach, CA
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: $10 jeans, Blanco's “Autumn Smile” Campaign, cheap jeans, Christa Michalaros, denim accessory, denim iPad case, denim tote bag, DKNY, Earnest Sewn, Giedre Dukauskaite, iPhone 4S, limited edition denim, models smiling, Rianne Ten Haken, Uniqlo