Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and inside info! Catch up on what’s happening and browse our personal picks for the most interesting what-not that turns up during our morning web crawl. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. You’ve got until midnight tonight to grab Genetic Denim jeans and slacks on sale at Gilt, including their cigarette pants, which are marked down to $79 (from $187).
2. For more great deals, Styleite has rounded up eleven pairs of great colored jeans that you can get for under $175. Pastels to neon brights!
3. Ralph Lauren Denim & Supply is teaming up with Swedish DJ Avicii for a sure-to-be-rad advertising campaign. Maybe you haven’t heard of him, but Madonna certainly has! They performed together at the Ultra Music Festival in March.
4. Warriors of Radness‘s spring 2012 collection has an awesome light-washed denim jacket for beach style perfection (dudes, we got you too).
5. So it turns out that Christina Applegate‘s not giving up her maternity jeans. She tells Us Weekly, “They’re so comfortable.” We bet!
Tags: colored jeans, Denim Dose, denim jacket, denim sales, Genetic Denim
Jessica Alba is one of our favorite celeb denim style icons when it comes to casual, every-day outfits that are chic, comfortable, and versatile. Her latest ensemble has us really psyched: a Genetic Denim vest over a long floral maxi dress.The traditional denim-over-dress equation is hard to go wrong with, but a few pointers on making it work.
1. Respect outfit proportion! If the dress is long, opt for a cropped vest or jacket. A mini-dress merits a longer jacket/vest (or even oversize).
2. Light wash denim looks amazing in the spring over florals. Dark wash lends itself to late summer and early fall, matching a darker hued printed dress.
3. If the denim vest’s cut and wash make the outfit extra masculine, balance the look with jewelry and a scarf.
Get the look below!
1. Madewell Longroad Denim Vest
2. Pencey Standard Jessica Hart for Pencey Standard Long Dress
3. DAY BIRGER ET MIKKELSEN Ferdousi tasseled cotton-gauze scarf
4. ASOS Classic Retro Aviator Glasses
Celeb image via Denim Blog.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: celebrity denim, denim vest, floral dress, Genetic Denim, get the look, Jessica Alba, maxi dres
So you’ve got your pair of jeans and your crisp white t-shirt, maybe you’ve got wind-swept hair and some in-demand jewelry… but you’re not exactly sure how to take your outfit over the line from effortless to totally freaking hot? We’ve got the answer: Red heels. Whether they’re wedges, platforms, or stilettos, a pair of bright red heels with jeans can turn an every day look into something extraordinary (without taking from the effortless aesthetic you were going for in the first place). Below, we pair three pairs of jeans with three red shoes we love right now.
1. 7 For All Mankind mid-rise straight leg jeans ($210) – buy it at Net-A-Porter; worn with the “Jemma” platform boot in red ($220) – buy it at Nasty Gal.
2. Genetic Denim The Jane High-Rise Slim Bell Jeans in Fang ($253.69) – buy it at Glassworks Studios; Worn with the “Red Your Mind” boot in red ($234.99) – buy it at ModCloth.
3. TIBI Low-rise chambray wide-leg jeans ($285) – buy it at Net-A-Porter; worn with Stuart Weitzman platform pump in red ($298) – buy it at Bergdorf Goodman.
Love this look? Post your jeans & red shoes pics on our facebook wall!
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: 7 for All Mankind, Genetic Denim, red heels, red shoes, red shoes with blue jeans, red shoes with denim, tibi jeans
Love is in the air! Valentine’s Day is fast-approaching, and late winter is the perfect time to wear warm-hued denim colors like red and pink. Below we’ve rounded up six pairs of colored jeans that make our hearts flutter. Which are your favorites?
1. Topshop Moto Pink Metallic Leigh Jeans ($90) – buy it at Topshop.
2. CLOSED Slim leg jean ($220) – buy it at Far Fretch.
3. rag & bone Legging – Neon Hot Pink ($187) – buy it at rag & bone.
4. Genetic Denim Shane Knit in Flame ($191) – buy it at Pink Mascara.
5. CYCLE pink skinny jeans ($210) – buy it at Far Fetch.
6. Current/Elliott Stiletto animal print jeans ($325) – buy it at My Theresa.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: CLOSED Denim, colored denim, Current/Elliott, Genetic Denim, pink jeans, rag & bone, red jeans, skinny jeans, valentines day, women's jeans
DT’s founder Francine called out her top ten favorite denim brands for beso.com‘s readers recently, listing Nudie Jeans, Genetic Denim, Doctrine Jeans, and Siwy Denim as some of her first choices (just to name a few).
“Know what’s a real bummer? When you wear a hole right into your favorite pair of jeans, rendering them unwearable. Enter FRANCINE RABINOVICH, whose brilliant company, Denim Therapy, can restitch any hole with matching thread (about $7 per inch). They also undertake all sorts of other useful enterprises, like inserting maternity bands, monogramming waistbands, and replacing zippers. Not only has Rabinovich encountered every conceivable type of jean brand out there, but she also has unfailingly great taste. (Check out her denim-centric blog, here.) To that end, we tapped her for her 10 favorites brands (and her preferred fits).”
Click through to see Francine’s favorite go-to denim brands!
Tags: best jeans, Denim Therapy, doctrine jeans, Francine Rabinovich, Genetic Denim, Nudie Jeans, Siwy Denim, top denim brands, what jeans to wear, what to buyw
A new year and a new denim closet revamp is in order, no? Vogue just released their first denim must-haves list of the year, featuring a shortlist of head-to-toe denim gets for under $500. From denim shoes by Michael Kors, Alexandre Birman and SEE by Chloe, to a refreshing take on the jeans skirt by Scully Denim, we’re certain you’ll find some inspiration here. We think 2012 is the year that denim detractors may just be swayed to slip on a pair of jeans. Because, after all, Vogue certainly thinks jeans are lust-worthy.
Images via Vogue.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: 3x1, Acne, Alexandre Birman, APC jeans, Balenciaga, Citizens of Humanity, Current/Elliott, denim list, Edun, Elder Statesman, Genetic Denim, jeans under $300, Levi's Jeans, Michael Kors, Michelle Moynahan, rag & bone/jean, Scully Denim, See by Chloe, True Religion, Vogue
Genetic Denim is pulling the comfort card with its new spring 2012 offerings: silken jeans. While they have the same great fit and form as their normal denim line, these jeans are lighter, flexible, and surely a total treat to slip your legs into. Check out the range of cropped denim, shorts, and skinny jeans below, and then see how to wear three of our favorite pairs!
Images via Denimology
Preen Silk Kimono Blouse ($675) — buy it at SSENSE
Duffy Cotton and cashmere-blend jacket ($96.25) — buy it at The Outnet
Minimarket Brushed-suede wedge ankle boots ($186) — buy it at The Outnet
Giulietta Polka-dot silk-crepe blouse ($475) — buy it at Net-A-Porter
Lulu Frost Beachbreak Earrings ($162) — buy it at Charm & Chain
Minimarket Leather brogues ($126) — buy it at The Outnet
3.1 Phillip Lim Slouchy V-Neck Pullover ($395) — buy it at La Garçonne
Betsey Johnson Sophia-L Chunky Heel Platform Pump ($90.97) — buy it at Betsey Johnson
Tags: colored jeans, cropped jeans, denim shorts, Genetic Denim, silk denim, silk jeans, urbanoutfitters
Why wait until the clock strikes midnight for the black friday sales to start? You can score yourself some Genetic Denim Jeans at 30% off right now! The Bond Trouser Flare jean is a great pick for fall, with a versatile medium-dark wash. Pair it with chunky knits or a leather jacket—you can’t go wrong! To redeem discount, pick yours up at Genetic Denim’s online shop and enter promo code BLAZE30 at checkout. Offer expires on November 21, 2011! See details below.
Tags: 30% off jeans, flared denim, Genetic Denim, jeans on sale, sale, trouser denim, vanessa minnillo
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and other irresistible tid bits of denim industry inside info & our personal picks after scanning the web. Check out what’s happening (and totally not happening) in the world of denim now. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. G-Star Raw is about to make a little bit of West Coast history before 2012 by opening up the first denim shop ever on Rodeo Drive:
“Luxury denim brand G-Star RAW will be the first denim brand to open its doors on iconic Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills, California. G-Star, known for its innovative and cutting edge style in the world of denim, will host an eclectic night of performance, art, music, film and fashion for this special store opening on December 6th, 2011.”
2. This short film by Armani Jeans featured Rihanna, so you’ll probably want to watch it if you’re into elite denim and fierce females.
3. Tobi is having a huge online denim sale on brands like Current/Elliott, BLANK, 7 For All Mankind, Genetic Denim, and more. And you won’t believe how many styles they have.
4. Agave Denim is introducing new core fits for men, in classic straight, relaxed trouser, and relaxed straight (with a variety of great washes—but we’d expect nothing less from Agave).
5. A.P.C. and Anthropologie have collaborated on a house & home quilts capsule collection. These aint yo’ mama’s country home quilts! …Well, okay, they’re pretty close.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: 7 for All Mankind, A.P.C., Armani Jeans, Blank, cheap jeans, Current/Elliott, denim on sale, denim sale, g-star store opening rodeo drive, Genetic Denim, online sale, rihanna