Are you getting a little bit nervous about what to get your loved ones for the holidays? You don’t want to get them just anything, right? No need to fret. We’ve rounded up a several trusted denim-centric brands and retailers for your convenience. Save time and save money where you can. While this is not an exhaustive list, we hope this holiday shopping guide will help get you started. The next thing you have to worry about is whether you’re going to gift wrap them or gift bag them. Oh the conundrum.
If we learned one thing at the spring 2013 previews this season, it’s that colored denim is living on as a leading trend in denim. Gap went above and beyond by offering an entire rainbow spectrum of colors, from an adventures yellow to a more casual cyan blue. Also on the menu, broken-in khakis in pastel versions of their denim counterparts, printed blazers, and dark “lived-in wash” jeans. Basically, everything you need to add some prep to your spring look.
What are your favorite picks? Let us know on facebook!
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: colored denim, colored jeans, colored khakis, Gap, skinny jeans, spring 2013, spring fashion
Retailers have bumped up they’re Thanksgiving weekend-Black Friday-Cyber Monday sales this year, so you can start shopping for jeans on sale today. Score some great online and in-store deals from some favorite jeans shopping destinations. Check out what we’ve pulled from the interwebs!
Sales going on now:
7 For All Mankind – many jeans on sale now from $99 to $129.
Couture Candy – Save 22% now; enter THANKS22 at check out.
Diesel – Save 30% off.
Gap – Now through Saturday online, up to 60% off everything (through Sunday in store).
J.Crew – Save 25% off in store and online. Enter COLOR25 at check out.
J.Crew Factory – Enjoy 40% off everything, plus 15% off orders of $100+ with code GIVEANDGET.
John Varvatos – Men’s jeans are marked down up to 60% off.
Madewell – Save 25% off plus free shipping. Enter TREAT at check out.
Nordstrom – Jeans are 35% to %50 off.
Shopbop – Lots of jeans under $50.
Urban Outfitters – Most BDG jeans are $39. Hundreds of items under $100.
Begins on Black Friday:
AG Jeans – Save 50% on select styles, in-store and online. Sale ends on Sunday.
Earnest Sewn – 25% off in store and at earnestsewn.com (promo code: HOLIDAY25).
Urban Outfitters – Take an extra 50% off sale items – in store only.
Siwy Denim – Save 20% off online plus save 75% off on clearance items. Enter CYBER20 at check out.
Wasteland – Save 25% off online. Enter at checkout.
Tags: 7 for All Mankind, AG Jeans, bdg jeans, Black Friday Clothes Sale, Black Friday Sale, denim sale, Diesel, Earnest Sewn, Gap, J. Crew, jeans on sale, John Varvatos, Madewell, Siwy Denim
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and inside info! Catch up on what’s happening and browse our personal picks for the most interesting what-not that turns up during our morning web crawl. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Closing soon: Ruelala’s Hudson Jeans sale is in progress, so snag your favorite men’s or women’s Hudsons (most are $99.90) before they’re gone.
2. Barneys New York produced this snazzy video, featuring guys from all walks of life talking about how to pick up chicks, among other things. They are styled in Barneys Co-Op Spring 2012 featured brands, which include a crisp pair of Nudie Jeans Slim Jim Post Recycle Dry ($215). Watch the Barneys Men’s Co-op video here.
3. Gap has teamed up with Threadless to bring exclusive, community-designed graphic t-shirts to Gap stores worldwide! Enter your design and you could win $2,000 – $10,000. Go to Threadless online for details.
4. We’re intrigued by these high-top velcro sneakers in denim by Raf Simons ($600). Now that he’s got his hands free for a bit, we’re hoping to see him churn out more denim goods.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: Barneys New York, denim on sale, Gap, Hudson Jeans, jeans on sale, Nudie, Raf Simons, Ruelala, Threadless
Let’s face it: men also need options when it comes to jeans. While we agree that not every man should wear skinny jeans, some men can really rock a pair. And, for the slimmer men out there, a pair of skinnies are the only ones that will fit properly on their bodies. So, without further adieu, we rounded up nine pairs of skinny jeans that caught our eyes, both for the washes and treatments, and for the potential to flatter the various shapes of the male form. You’ll be surprised how good you look in them. Whether you’re a musician or a college professor, we think you’ll find a wearable pair of jeans to wear this season.
1. Ksubi Van Winkle in Dull Metal ($245) – buy it at REVOLVE Clothing.
2. Levi’s 511 Dark Indigo skinny ($90) – buy it at SSENSE.
3. Right: ASOS Carrot Fit skinny jeans in Khaki ($90) – buy it at ASOS.
1. Chambers Waxed Overdye Slim Straight Leg jeans in ($132) – buy it at REVOLVE Clothing.
2. Edwin Sen Japanese Red Selvage skinny jeans ($168.58) – buy it at ASOS.
3. Unbranded Skinny Selvedge jean ($78) – buy it at Urban Outfitters.
1. THEM Atelier Magma Distressed Skinny Jeans ($121) – buy it at REVOLVE Clothing.
2. Nudie Thin Finn Blue ($250) – buy it at SSENSE.
3. 1969 Skinny Fit Jeans in red ($69.95) – buy it at Gap.
What, red jeans? Read Denim Therapy staffer Eric Schmidt’s review of his slim fit OPENMARKET jeans in red.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: 1969, ASOS, Chambers, drop crotch jeans, Edwin, Gap, Ksubi, Levi's Jeans, men's skinny jeans, men's slim jeans, Nudie, skinny jeans for men, slim jeans, Them Atelier, tight jeans for men, Unbranded
Keeping up with all the trends might seem overwhelming, but Krystal, a fashion blogger from California shows you how simple it can be. She brings some color into her look with warm cranberry colored corduroy pants from The Gap, and this doesn’t stop her from showing off her love of denim! Cords are a great option to pair with this light-wash denim workshirt, especially if you’re worried about not getting the denim-on-denim look right. To top it all off with the navy newsboy cap gives this outfit the extra touch to make it into a really casual pulled-together look. Check out below some options for you on how to get this great fall style.
Get the look…
1. Madewell Perfect Chambray Ex-Boyfriend Shirt ($68) – buy it at Madewell
2. Bdg Cord Cigarette Mid-Rise Pant ($54) – buy it at Urban Outfitters.
3. Goomoo Navy Blue Corduroy Newsboy Ivy Hat ($15) – buy it at Goomoo.
Images via What Is Reality Anyway.
Tags: BDG, california, corduroy pants, Denim On Denim, denim workshirt, fashion blogger, Gap, light wash denim, Madewell, newsboy cap, Street Style, Urban Outfitters
While many of us may dream of winning the lottery, the reality is that times are tight, and we know that. But just because you’re living on a budget doesn’t mean your wardrobe has to suffer. There are a ton of cool jeans out there that have a great fit, are on trend, and are affordable—yes it is possible! We’ve rounded up 12 pairs that range in color, print, wash, and cut, so you can find the ones that are perfect for you. And hey, for less than $50, treat yourself to as many as you want!
1. American Eagle Outfitters White Skinny Jean ($39.50)–buy them at American Eagle Online .
2. Forever 21 Colored Skinny Jeans ($22.80)–buy them at Forever 21.
3. Levi’s Jeans Seamed Skinny Sequoia Twill ($35.00)–buy them at Macy’s.
4. Divine Rights of Denim Leopard Skinnies ($29.80)–buy them at Forever 21.
1. American Eagle Outfitter Midnight Indigo Skinny Jean ($49.50)–buy them at American Eagle Online.
2. American Eagle Outfitters Antique Destroy Skinny Jeans ($49.50)–buy them at American Eagle Online.
3. Forever 21 Premium Denim Jean with Ankle Zippers ($27.80)–buy them at Forever 21.
4. &Denim Slim Jeans ($29.95)–buy them at H&M.
1. American Eagle Outfitters AE First Edition Trouser Wide Leg Jean ($49.50)–buy them at American Eagle Online.
2. Gap 1969 Super Lightweight Skinny Boot Jeans ($34.99)–buy them at Gap.
3. Gap 1969 Mid-Weight Buckle Trouser Jeans ($29.99)–buy them at Gap .
4. Levi’s Jeans Flap Pocket Flare Jeans ($45)–buy them at Levi’s.
Tags: affordable jeans, American Eagle, blue jeans, boot cut jeans, colored jeans, dark-wash jeans, Distressed Jeans, flared jeans, Forever 21, Gap, green jeans, H&M, leopard jeans, Levi's, light wash jeans, skinny jeans, white jeans, wide leg jeans
One of the hottest and most wearable trend of the season is definitely the western-meets-bohemian look. So far we’ve shown you hot to rock it with bold prints and scantly denim shorts shorts, but now that it’s getting a bit more chilly we figure you might want to add a layer or two. We love this girls take on this trend, so we broke it down for you for some food for thought. Her double denim look gets a cozy revamp with a oversized chunky knit sweater thrown over. An on-trend floppy hat, worn in suede booties, and gold accessories add the perfect western flare without going overboard.
1. Textile Elizabeth & James bleached out denim shirt ($175) — buy it at Net-A-Porter.
2. Adriano Goldschmied premiere skinny jeans ($165) — buy it at American Rag.
3. Gap floppy hat ($25) — buy it at The Gap.
4. Ugg Austin western bootie ($200) — buy it at Zappos.
5. Stolen Girlfriends Club chunky knit sweater ($423) — buy it at Coggles.
Street style image via Stockhom Street Style.
Tags: AG Adriano Goldschmied skinny jeans, Bohemian style, double denim, floppy hat, Gap, gold accessories, How to wear it, oversized chunky knit sweater, Stolen Girlfriends Club, Street Style, TEXTILE Elizabeth & James, Ugg western bootie, Western bohemian look, Western Denim Looks, western style
One look at the Gap Spring 2012 collection proves that colored denim is here to stay! Though it may just be the start of fall, you can look forward to warmer weather full of pastel colored skinny jeans and a line that can be summed up in three words: fresh, casual comfort. The knits are soft, the tops are oversized, and the pants have a relaxed fit to them that will make you want to wear them even after a long day out. For an ultra-laid back look, go for the patchwork jeans in a cropped boyfriend cut. We’re all over patchwork as an alternative to the every-day jean, and they style perfectly with everything from sleek tops to oversized cardigans. And you know we’re all about versatility!
Images via Fashionista.
Tags: big sweaters, boyfriend jeans, colored denim, Gap, pastel denim, patchwork denim, skinny jeans, spring 2012
Our phone, is usually the first thing we reach for in the morning before we wipe the crust out of eyes (gross! yes we know) and grab a cup of coffee. And who can blame us? When we’ve become so sidetracked with endless emails, text messages, instant messages and an overwhelmingly full vociemail inbox that we sometimes forget the simplest things like where we left our keys. Which is where the almighty smart phone comes into play, with it’s convenient, handy and ever so clever apps, our daily routine has just been made simpler with the touch of a screen. We took the liberty to share with you some of our favorite apps, denim included, (an updated list from the last one we posted.) So go ahead take a look, promise it isn’t as bad as the morning crust/bad breath we all deal with daily.
Tags: android, DENIM, G-Star, Gap, iPhone, itunes, Net-A-Porter, True Religion