Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and inside info! Catch up on what’s happening and browse our personal picks for the most interesting what-not that turns up during our morning web crawl. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. R29 re-posted (from Style Like U) a perfect summer outfit on heiress Hannah Bronfman in a pair of high-waisted cut-off jean shorts. If you’re not aware of this pro-active, multi-tasking It-girl, read up on her asap.
2. A (not really that) quick look at the history of denim and how it became a staple in virtually everyone’s wardrobe.
3. There are two reasons why G-Star Raw’s Bread & Butter dance/performance runway show is awesome. First, it’s wildly creative. Second, it proves that you can (more than) live your life freely in these clothes.
4. United Stock Dry Goods has a spring 2012 lookbook that embodies a whimsical (but still dude-approved) kind of summer freedom. See a model prance through a field in the handsome clothing, and check out the opening photo. THAT is how crotch blow-outs happen!
5. Need jeans? Want them to be awesome? You’re in luck. We’re giving away two pairs of Meltin’Pot jeans this week—one for the gents, one for the ladies—and all you have to do is a little social media follow and a comment on our blog post. Zing!
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: cut-off denim shorts, denim giveaway, free denim, G-Star Raw Bread & Butter, Hannah Bronfman, high-waisted shorts, history of denim, meltin'pot jeans, spring 2012 lookbook, united dry stock goods