It was a pretty sexy week here at Denim Therapy, from Valentines Day date denim to the newest Diesel campaigns. Missed out on anything? We make catching up easy with our round up of the most exciting blog posts we cooked up for you in the past seven days. You’re welcome!
1. Pink & Red Denim To Wear on Valentines Day—Because every girl needs a bit of pink and red in her closet (and because Valentines Day is fast approaching), we’ve rounded up some denim in hues from flirty candy-pink to fire-hot red, all in the spirit of making sure you look your most stellar on cupid day…Keep Reading! ?
2. G by GUESS: Love Is Louder For Valentine’s Day—Looking for fun ways to spread the love before Valentine’s Day and help raise awareness on worthy issues? For every e-card you send at G by GUESS, G by GUESS has pledged to donate $5 to Love is Louder…Keep Reading! ?
3. Get Into The Powder Of Diesel—This Spring the Diesel woman gets tough and powderfull! And though she’s never quite been the ing?nue, in this campaign for the brands new Powder & Dirty Denim Collection she’s definitely the action-packed, ass-kicking, bonafide heroine…Keep Reading! ?
4. Mother Denim Releases Nine New Styles For Spring—Listen to your mother! Mother Denim, at least. Born of designers from Seven for All Man Kind and Citizens of Humanity (a rivalry gone business venture? We love it!), the label has just launched a nine-style collection and fierce lookbooks to get us hyped…Keep Reading! ?
5. Window Shopper New York City: Madewell—Madewell in Soho, NYC always goes above and beyond the call of generic window display, with crafty, kitschy, vintage inspired concepts. From their jars full of metal sewing notions to the vintage film cameras and spools of yarn, we get inspired just peering through the glass…Keep Reading! ?
6. WGACA Fall 2011 Runway Show Reveals Denim Trends—In the warm, luxe interior of the Soho Grand Hotel, we caught What Goes Around Comes Around’s Fall 2011 runway show on the first official day of NYFW. The rustic-nordic-meets-bohemian cues were a perfect fit with all out glamorous ’70s retro style… Keep Reading! ?
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: best denim blog, best denim posts, diesel spring 2011 campaign, G by Guess, Madewell, mother denim, New York Fashion Week, valentines day, WGACA, window shopper
Looking for fun ways to spread the love before Valentine’s Day and help raise awareness on worthy issues? For every e-card you send at G by GUESS, G by GUESS has pledged to donate $5 to Love is Louder, a foundation set up “to inspire those who have ever been mistreated and discouraged that love and support, actually is, louder and significantly more powerful. Started by actress Brittany Snow, MTV and The Jed Foundation, this campaign is an effort to prevent emotional stress among teens and young adults. The Jed Foundation and Love is Louder work together to create awareness for anyone dealing with issues centering around depression or other emotional issues, educate communities on emotional disorders, and create a line of support for those who have ever contemplated taking their own lives.” Love is Louder was launched in September 2010 to amplify the online support after the series of bullying-related suicides. The six Valentine’s Day e-cards can be found on GbyGUESS.com and will be available online through February 14.
— Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: Brittany Snow, G by Guess, Love is Louder, MTV, The Jed Foundation, valentines day
Yes, I do love my J Brands and don’t we all wish we could own a Lanvin + Acne denim dress, but unfortunately, pricey designer labels are not an option for most of us. Do not fret my fashionista friends, you don’t need to spend a lot of money to look great. With a small budget and a savvy shopping attitude, denim can be found at bargain prices!
American Eagle Outfitters Spandex Leggings, $39.50
Jeggings, the most versatile item to own. Wear them with flats and a t-shirt for a cool casual look.
Shop American Eagle
Express Smocked Denim Jumpsuit, $49.50
This cute jumpsuit is great for a picnic in the park while all eyes are on you.
ASOS Denim Tuck Jumpsuit, $37.61
Who would of thought a denim jumpsuit could look this sexy? Sex it up with mile high heels and a statement necklace.
Jolt Ruffle Romper, $42.00
A sweet romper for the girly girl.
G by Guess Blair Cuffed Denim Capris, $44.50
Get ready for spring with a great pair of capris paired with heels or a great pair of wedges.
Shop G by Guess
The Limited Denim Skirt, $69.50
Every girl’s got to have a great little denim skirt. This one thinks out of the box with the thin sheer panels. Take it from day to evening, with a canvas wedge for day and platform heels by night.
Shop The Limited
Victoria’s Secret Chain Purse, $34.50
A quilted denim bag will add a playful punch to jeans and a t-shirt or a cute little shift dress.
Shop Victoria’s Secret
DV by Dolce Vita Ontario Sandal, $49.95
Think Talitha Getty poolside in a kaftan with her man servants feeding her grapes.
Shop Dolce Vita @ Nordstrom’s
Forever21 Denim Braided Sandals, $14.80
A great pair of sandals to kick around in on the beach or out on the town.
–Nikki Cho Russo
Tags: American Eagle, ASOS, DV by Dolce Vita, Express, Forever21, G by Guess, Jolt, The Limited, Victoria's Secret