If the combination of denim and skin in this title got your attention, then you’re going to really dig the Lukasz Stepien Fall 2011 lookbook. Shot by Michał Kar & Maciej Piórko, it features a would-be boy band clad in dark denim with cleverly placed leather details, on-trend fur collar jackets, and killer croc print high-top kicks doing what pretty young pop stars do best: waiting backstage looking cool getting their pre-show rituals on, which apparently includes sitting around shirtless smoking a cig. Intrigued? We thought you would! Check out the full lookbook bellow.
Images via We Are Selecters.
Tags: dark denim, dark denim with leather details, Denim Menswear, Fall 2011 Men's Denim, Fur, fur collar jackets, leather appliques, Lukasz Stepien, Lukasz Stepien Fall 2011
Straight off the runway and right onto the streets, fur is everywhere this season. So much in fact that it’s easy to say that the once controversial item of clothing has definitely made an official comeback, and there’s no question as why. Fur—be it short or long, faux or real—gives any outfit the perfect touch of luxury and drama. And, trust us, there’s no better way to give your denim an instant touch of posh than to pair it with a luscious fur coat or jacket.
Here are some of our favorite street style looks that combine our latest fashion obsession with our textile of choice:
images from stockholm-streetstyle.com & Eat, Sleep, Denim
1. Model Kang Seung Hyun poses for Eat, Sleep, Denim in this faux-fur 3/4 coat paired perfectly with cut-off denim shorts and silk charmeuse polka dot shirt.
2. Mix it up! This white fur, leather, and denim combo is a great way to look chic while still edgy.
3. Always ahead of the game, the late Daul Kim is a perfect example of how take jeans and a t-shirt and give it drama by adding fur into the picture.
4. This Chanel t-shirt and studded Zara blazer keep this otherwise classic fur coat modern and hip.
5. From the faux-fur coat to the plaid-fringed denim button down, give your look a vintage feel like this one by adding antique necklaces and broaches.
— Sandoval Gomez
Tags: Daul Kim, DENIM, Denim button down, Faux-fur, Fur, Jeans & T-shirt, Kang Seung Hyun, Street Style, VinTage