Scenes from Dr. Zhivago (1965). Photos: Warner Bros. Entertainment.
Fur is experiencing a resurgence in the fashion scene, again! Fur coats, vests, fur-trimmed boots (not counting UGGs) and gloves, plus lots of hats, have all popped up all over online boutiques. After all, it’s cuddly, warm and can be very dramatic! We thought about some of the most iconic winter fashion statements ever, involving fur, and we really couldn’t deny the fact that the movie Dr. Zhivago (1965), starring Omar Sharif, Julie Christie, Alec Guinness and Geraldine Chaplin, played an important role. The fluffy plumed hats and full-body overcoats burned an image in our minds of how one does not have to miss out on being fabulous during the winter months. Not surprising, 7 For All Mankind has a lot of on-trend statement pieces that pair well with your winter wardrobe. Utilizing a couple of furry accessories (don’t over do it!), paired with jeans that work with a great winter coat, you, too, can bring romance, drama and fierceness in your everyday wardrobe.
LADIES: GET THE LOOK…
1. Even platform wedge boots got ‘em. ASH Women’s Uranus Fur Boots ($284) – buy it at 80sPurple.
2. Get the straight-off-the-runway look. 7 FOR ALL MANKIND Faux Fox Jacket ($465) – buy it at 7 For All Mankind.
3. It’s wild. It’s fun. SPIRITHOODS Snow Leopard faux fur hat ($129) – buy it at SpiritHoods.
4. A traditional look with a touch of fur. 7 FOR ALL MANKIND Ponte Aviator hat ($165) – buy it at 7 For All Mankind.
5. Wide legs go great with trench and peacoats! 7 FOR ALL MANKIND Ginger Pant in Light Weight Mercer ($155) – buy it at 7 For All Mankind.
GENTLEMEN: GET THE LOOK…
1. You know you want one. SPIRITHOODS Red Wolf fur hat ($129) – buy it at SpiritHoods.
2. Every man should have at least one solid winter coat in his collection. 7 FOR ALL MANKIND Double Breasted Coat ($575) – buy it at 7 For All Mankind.
3. Wears these for work and for cocktails. 7 FOR ALL MANKIND Standard in Iron Grey ($169) – buy it at 7 For All Mankind.
4. Get an on-trend look without being too obvious. P. BY PIRELLI Boots ($195) – buy it at YOOX.
And… don’t forget to enter for a chance to win a pair of Seven jeans just for giving your friends gifts in our Seven Days of 7 For All Mankind Facebook app! Check out our Facebook page for details!
– Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: 7 for All Mankind, fur coats
As the pre-frost October air gets a bit more audacious, late-fall fashion with layers and texture becomes the uniform for urban dwellers. We may have to drop our humid-weather dressing habits, but denim sticks around all twelve months of the year. Those of who can’t part with our summer cut-offs stretch a pair of wool tights over their legs. Flawless skinny jean fits are paired with dramatic fur coats. Sharp, tailored military jackets turn average Joe’s into blue-jean heroes… You get the idea. Below are some of our favorite cold weather denim trends.
1. Fur coats and skinny jeans take the stage in “Easy Riders”, an editorial from ELLE US November 2010. Source: The Fashion Spot
2. Summer’s staple cut-off shorts carry you right into fall with a nice pair of tights (and once the snow starts to fall, a pair of leg warmers for extra warmth). Source: Lookbook.nu
3. Cuffed jeans, visible socks, and brown buckle shoes add a fun dose of prep and are a surprisingly chic combination for fall. Source: The Sartorialist
4. Chanel’s textured grey-wash denim on the runway this fall may be intended for next spring, but the autumn wardrobe inspiration is too easy to pass up. Source: NY Mag
5. Denim as accessories when you least expect it! You might not do a turban with rear-end pockets, but shredded denim accessories puts a twist on a classic textile. Source: Capital City Pretty
6. Boys become gentlemen in dark denim jeans and a corresponding gold-buttoned jacket. Source: Facehunter
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: Chanel Spring 2011, DENIM, denim accessories, ELLE, fall 2010, fall fashion trends, fur coats, military style, Street Style, styling