The weather is finally warming up (fingers crossed!) and we’re looking to grab inspiration from the coolest girls on the street. We’ve rounded up some pics of rad ladies styling jean cut-off shorts, which you can check out below. And FYI, if you have a fave pair of jeans you’re looking to make into shorts, try out Denim Therapy’s cut-off shorts service to get the perfect length!
Ready to take your fall and winter fashion to another level? Coal N Terry has the audacious, stylish cut-off denim shorts you’ll need to go from run-of-the-mill to rock-n-roll in a flash. Just switch out your standard blue jean shorts for these colorful, embellished DIY jeans and wear a pair of black tights and some rockin’ winter boots. Every pair is less than $100 (and a few pairs are less than $50). Select styles are available in sizes XXS to XXL. Don’t wait for spring to put a little party animal into your denim collection—Coal N Terry has just what you need.
Above, left to right:
Pink Lemonady Cutoff ($95) – buy it at Coal N Terry.
Weezy Spiked Cut off ($65) – buy it at Coal N Terry.
Half Back Studded Cutoff ($60) – buy it at Coal N Terry.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: colored denim, cut off shorts, denim shorts, diy denim studded denim, dyed denim, embellished denim, frayed denim, Jean Shorts
This one goes out to all the gals waiting in the wings for the first day of 70-something degrees & sunny (that beautiful moment where it becomes okay to wear short shorts in public sans-lace biker shorts). We’ve got the ultimate spring/summer denim cut-off shorts roundup to really get you in the mood. From dip-dyed DIY one of a kind to the standard blue jean classic (and we couldn’t help ourselves… we had to throw in a little Balmain too), there’s something in here for all the ladies who like to show a little leg! And don’t be discouraged if it’s not quite warm enough to rock these. That just means you have a couple more weeks to hit the gym.
1. Vintage Puple Blue Studded Short ($96) – buy it at Runway Dreamz.
2. True Religion Joey High Thigh Denim Shorts (about $332) – buy it at Jades24.
3. Balmain Frayed Denim Shorts (about $910) – buy it at Mrs H.
4. Vintage Yellow Dyed Denim Short ($91) – buy it at Runway Dreamz.
5. CURRENT/ELLIOTT Sugar Destroyed Denim Shorts ($225) – buy it at Style Bop.
6. KSUBI Mid-rise raw-edged rigid-denim shorts ($170) – buy it at Net-A-Porter.
7. MinkPink Desert Fox Cutoff Shorts ($78) – buy it at Nasty Gal.
8. Balmain Tie & Die Denim Shorts ($1,760) – buy it at LUISAVIAROMA.
9. HORACE Ripped denim shorts (on sale $54) – buy it at Farfetch.
10. MOTO flag printed denim hotpants ($70) – buy it at Topshop.
Stay tuned for our upcoming tutorials on modifying your existing denim shorts to be just as killer as the ones you see above…
—Michelle Christina Larsen & Kathy Hassan
Tags: american flag shorts, Balmain, cut off shorts, denim shorts, destroyed denim, dip dye, frayed denim, Siwy, yellow denim