Welcome to your afternoon dose of denim news, links, sales, and everything else we couldn’t help but share. Check out what’s happening (and totally not happening) in the world of denim now. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. The must-anticipated Alexa Chung x Madewell collection is now available online! Our favorite piece? These wide-leg trouser jeans are making the cut!
2. As Denim Hunt‘s Shanna says, “luxury brands like GUCCI aren’t often known for denim”. Maybe these ugly denim accessories are the reason why! But we digress—their jeans are looking pretty good. Btw, you can watch Gucci’s spring 2012 runway show online.
3. Fornarina‘s cinematic new video involves extremely tight jeans, butt-shots, and a horse.
4. Raw jeans for dudes for under $100! Gargyle has THVM raw tapered jeans in indigo for just $97.00 in their new arrivals section.
5. See sultry photos of Carolyn Murphy hanging out in caves in part 2 of rag & bone’s latest campaign where models take cameras and do their own thing.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: Alexa Chung x Madewell, Carolyn Murphy, denim for under $100, Fornarina, GUCCI denim, rag & bone, Raw denim for men, THVM raw tapered jeans in indigo
The Fornarina Fall/Winter 2011 collection, titled “Fabulous Legs”, brings denim to a whole new level of sexy this season. By using darker washes and tight fit styles, the denim pieces exude sophistication and the mark of good fashion. By adding a strapless top and cut-out back, the denim overalls are clearly distinct from your previous notion of what an “overall” should or could be. Our other top look of the collection is the dark denim blazer suit, which pairs a completely saturated dark wash with a plunging neck line–just what all you office romance hopefuls have been looking for: professionalism with a touch (or 2!) of sex appeal. The collection is sharp, form fitting, and works off the natural sexiness that comes along with the combination of leather and denim. Fornarina also gives a nod to the hot denim on denim trend and shows how to use different washes for tops and bottoms to really succeed in this look. The brand has amped the possibilities for denim in this collection, and forget about just your legs, you are going to look more than fabulous when you rock these pieces!
Images via Denimology.
Tags: dark wash denim, Denim On Denim, Denim Overalls, fall fashiom, Fornarina, plunging neck line