As much as we all love to drool over designer denim that’s way, way out of our budget, sometimes you have to climb down from your dream world and get real. Not everyone can pick up each and every delightful denim item that strikes their fancy, but that doesn’t mean budget-friendly options are limited! We’ve rounded up nine awesome pieces of denim–from jeans and jackets to dresses, shorts, and even underwear–that all hit the mark for under $30. Who says you can’t have it all?
1. Old Navy Women’s Denim Vest ($29.94) — buy at Old Navy
2. H&M Denim Shorts ($24.95) — buy at H&M
3. Topshop Daisy Print Mini ($12) — buy at Topshop
4. Life In Progress Belted Denim Shirtdress ($29.80) — buy at Forever 21
5. LIP Denim Faded Jacket (24.80) — buy at Forever 21
6. Mossimo Womens Skinny Fit 3 Premium Jean ($27.99) — buy at Target
7. Heritage 1981 Subtle Rose Skinny Jeans ($26.90) — buy at Forever 21
Tags: cheap denim, denim on a budget, denim under $30, Forever 21
While many of us may dream of winning the lottery, the reality is that times are tight, and we know that. But just because you’re living on a budget doesn’t mean your wardrobe has to suffer. There are a ton of cool jeans out there that have a great fit, are on trend, and are affordable—yes it is possible! We’ve rounded up 12 pairs that range in color, print, wash, and cut, so you can find the ones that are perfect for you. And hey, for less than $50, treat yourself to as many as you want!
1. American Eagle Outfitters White Skinny Jean ($39.50)–buy them at American Eagle Online .
2. Forever 21 Colored Skinny Jeans ($22.80)–buy them at Forever 21.
3. Levi’s Jeans Seamed Skinny Sequoia Twill ($35.00)–buy them at Macy’s.
4. Divine Rights of Denim Leopard Skinnies ($29.80)–buy them at Forever 21.
1. American Eagle Outfitter Midnight Indigo Skinny Jean ($49.50)–buy them at American Eagle Online.
2. American Eagle Outfitters Antique Destroy Skinny Jeans ($49.50)–buy them at American Eagle Online.
3. Forever 21 Premium Denim Jean with Ankle Zippers ($27.80)–buy them at Forever 21.
4. &Denim Slim Jeans ($29.95)–buy them at H&M.
1. American Eagle Outfitters AE First Edition Trouser Wide Leg Jean ($49.50)–buy them at American Eagle Online.
2. Gap 1969 Super Lightweight Skinny Boot Jeans ($34.99)–buy them at Gap.
3. Gap 1969 Mid-Weight Buckle Trouser Jeans ($29.99)–buy them at Gap .
4. Levi’s Jeans Flap Pocket Flare Jeans ($45)–buy them at Levi’s.
Tags: affordable jeans, American Eagle, blue jeans, boot cut jeans, colored jeans, dark-wash jeans, Distressed Jeans, flared jeans, Forever 21, Gap, green jeans, H&M, leopard jeans, Levi's, light wash jeans, skinny jeans, white jeans, wide leg jeans
Looking back at pictures from our childhood we often think, “How did I EVER wear that?”—Like it or not, our past is back to haunt us as ‘90s fashion makes itself very much part of the present. One trend in particular, denim overalls, is popping up in some form or another in all the brands we love to shop. So the question cannot be avoided: will we wear them again? The answer is easier to arrive at than you thought, now that our options have expanded from the OshKosh standard to color-blocked, acid-washed, super-short, and other styles of this infamous one piece. Our answer? Yes! If you’re short on cash, don’t fret: there are plenty of affordable denim overalls too. Ready to rock this trend? Scroll down and see which pair of overalls is right for you!
1. Madewell Chambray Coveralls ($145) – buy it at Madewell.
2. Shakuhachi Patch Overalls ($206) — buy it at Pretty Pennies.
3. True Religion Bridgette Boyfriend Overall Shorts ($250) — buy it at Revolve Clothing.
4. Replay Denim Overall (on sale $59) — buy it at Yoox.
5. Forever 21 Destroyed Denim Overall Shorts ($28) — buy it at Forever 21.
6. Free People Taverniti Overall Shorts (on sale $140) — buy it at Free People.
Tags: '90s fashion, Denim of Virtue, Denim Overalls, Forever 21, free people, Madewell, overall shorts, Replay, Replay Jeans, Shakuhachi, summer denim trend, True Religion
Are you hunting like mad for the perfect denim shorts? We discovered a bevy of cute jeans shorts at Forever21 to suit any style mood you’re in. And for less than $20 each, you can afford to buy a stack of cheap summer jeans shorts (that don’t look cheap!) for all those sunny days you’ll be tanning and showing off your fabulous gams. From denim hotpants to cutoffs to frayed shorts, Forever21 has it covered. So, if you’re looking for the right shorts for, say, a music festival or a backyard barbecue, you shouldn’t have problems finding at least one winner.
1. Forever21 Pleated Pockets Denim Shorts ($15.80).
2. Forever21 Eyelet Pocket Saddle Stitch Cutoffs ($19.80).
3. Forever21 Bleach Wash Frayed Denim Shorts ($17.80).
4. Forever21 Cuffed Denim Bermuda Shorts ($17.80).
5. Forever21 Denim Painter Shorts ($17.80).
6. Forever21 Denim Matelot Shorts ($15.80).
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: Bermuda shorts, denim shorts, F21, Forever 21, jeans cut-offs, jeans shorts, summer jeans
Talk about a denim addict’s dream: A premium denim brand offering their fits, washes, and styles for way below premium prices! Soundtoo good to be true? Divine Rights of Denim is offering just that with their second season collaboration with Forever 21. From their signature jean reworked, to skinny jeans, dresses, jeggings and rompers, there is a piece for every denim-loving lady on a budget (and maybe even a few more!). You can check out our blog editors review of the floral skinny jeans for a hint on what to expect. Here’s a look at the Spring/Summer collection:
Tags: denim shorts, Divine Rights of Denim, floral denim, Forever 21, jeggings, rompers, skinny jeans
Here’s a tip on how to make your spring/summer denim separates a tad more feminine, whatever the wash: a floral blouse, leather braided belt (in mahogany or maroon), and a pretty painted mouth will add a lady-like touch that won’t interfere with your baby-blue’s. here are a few picks we love to achieve this look.
Denim of Virtue Boyfriend Cut-Off Shorts ($194) – buy it at National Jean Company.
Revlon Matte Lipstick in Pink Pout ($7) – buy it at Ultra Beauty.
Forever 21 Darling Floral Chiffon Top ($19) – buy it at Forever 21.
Cole Haan saddle leather ‘Genevieve’ braided wide belt ($69) – buy it at BlueFly.
Want to see how this combo pans out in-person? Tasha B of London pulls it off with ease, finishing the look with laced flat shoes and a top-knot hair style. Go further with a sweep of cat-like eyeliner and a collar buttoned up to the top. We love it!
Photo via Tasha B at Lookbook.nu.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: braided belt, Denim of Virtue, denim shorts, denim style tips, denim styling, floral top, Forever 21, pink lipstick, Revlon, Tasha B
Forever 21 the Los Angeles-based apparel retailer has signed a short term lease at the Takashimaya building on Fifith Avenue. Their doors are scheduled to open November 15th for about six months (who knows they could be here FOREVER), housing eight floors (now that’s a lot of legwork to cover). Nevertheless, it is the best time to get your fix on women’s or men’s (maybe they’ll even carry the children’s collection) denim that has a starting price of $9.50.
If you need a little luxury, Fifth Avenue is home to many of those brands. However if you need a little budgeting, it is also getting populated by the more affordable brands such as H&M, Zara, Uniqlo and A&F; therefore, go F21!!! I love the merchandising combination of both — just make sure you have your paycheck handy either way.
– Jackie Racer
Tags: Forever 21