Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and everything else we couldn’t help but share. Check out what’s happening (and totally not happening) in the world of denim now. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Jordache jeans’ new commercial features 30 Rock‘s Katrina Bowden wearing the brand through the decades. Here’s one of example of a brand that has a right to draw on retro-appeal. They launched in the ’70s.
2. Lil Wayne wore a pair of $44 leopard print jeggings to the VMA’s. Yes, this is our favorite piece of “news” this week.
3. Robin Jeans’ “Long Way Home” trailor tempts with the carefree spirit of road trips and romance. The trailor preludes a series about a couple traveling the roads of America in really stylish jeans.
4. J Brand is releasing a new style exclusively for Fashion’s Night Out—it’s a coated “shocking pink” ultra skinny fit that looks like it’s designed to look good with your official FNO t-shirt.
5. Madewell has a few ideas for you on how to style your denim this fall. Ready to step outside your skinny jean comfort zone?
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: denim blog, denim links, denim news, FNO, how to wear denim, J Brand, jordache commercial, lil wayne, Madewell