If you’re longing to let out your inner flower child this summer, here’s your chance to stock up on the appropriate attire. These three pairs of floral print denim skinny jeans will add a feminine touch to your closet. Right now, all of these are under $100, so jump on it!
Ahh summer. The season of wild flowers, picnics and wearing explosions of botanical floral prints all over the place. Topshop has released a couple of super cute options for the flower-and-denim loving style maven this season: a button down chambray collared short-sleeved top and a matching flared denim mini-skirt. Pair each with contrasting separates or wear them together to make a bold statement. A statement that, without question, enforces your love of floral print and blue jeans.
Got an awkward-yet-beloved college sweater clogging up your dresser drawer? Just can’t seem to figure out a way to work it into your wardobe, but don’t want to toss it due to sentimental value? Refinery29 says you can still rock your alma mater if you pair it when some printed jeans (and a few other quirky accessories). We’re loving this idea.
Didn’t get the goods on Cyber Monday? No worries. Nasty Gal still has a killer sale on already-marked down jeans, including printed denim, colored denim, and (yes) neon denim. Check out there chic skinny styles you can rock right into the new year and prepare to make a statement in one of these eye-catching options.
Ladies, printed jeans are the style du jour, so have fun this summer and stand out from the crowd in these decorative jeans that will stand alone on its own. Since we’re certain you wouldn’t go out half naked in public (with the few exceptions of certain celebrities), we put together some key looks that will keep the spotlight on your graphic jeans, while making you the star with a carefully pulled-together look.
School’s out and you’re probably ready to retire your academic textbooks, but no matter how studious you are (or were), it’s due time for a quick refresher on summer 2012 denim trends. We’re right on the cusp of summer. Are you stuck in a rut? We’ve got styling ideas to help you out. From cropped florals and pastel shorts to wide-leg, boyfriend, and printed jeans, all the major trends are represented here, with our suggestions. Get ready to learn—and don’t hesitate to refer back to this summer trend textbook, as needed!
Here’s one classic piece you must have in your wardrobe: the denim workshirt. We love this light wash MOTO Fitted Denim Shirt from Topshop, which looks equally good paired with pastel hues and neutral standbys as it does with bold prints and shocking brights. Try wearing yours with pencil skirts and flats for work, or loose over your favorite pair of colored skinny jeans on the weekend. Check out more of our suggestions below!
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and inside info! Catch up on what’s happening and browse our personal picks for the most interesting what-not that turns up during our morning web crawl. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. The Selvedge Yard, PRPS, and Triumph Motorcycles teamed up to create the limited edition blackbird jean, and Scott Toepfer shot some awesome images of the jeans in action on–what else?–a kick-ass motorcycle.
2. We love denim sneakers and we love these versatile kicks from Levi’s sneakers, made in collaboration with Levi’s Japan. Their Hi Cone Denim Vulcanized Sneaker is half-made with stone washed denim.
3. Bleulab‘s opened its first retail store in Japan, located in the Harakuju District–but only for 45 days.
4. Check out this editorial from the May 2012 issue of Women’s Health, featuring Brooklyn Decker wearing a pair of True Religion cut-offs.
5. Printed shorts for summer? That’s what Paige + Libertyfeatures for their latest collection, with tons of springy florals.
Like many of us, we weren’t sure we would ever wear floral jeans, but this trend has entered into the spring fashion vernacular in full force. After seeingThe Glamourai (Kelly Framel) style her floral denim look on her blog, we were emboldened to try it. And, after reviewing all the gorgeous assortment of floral printed denim coming from our favorite denim brands, we just had to share 9 of the most covetable jeans in bloom. Thrown together with a neutral top and platform sandals—with ankle jeans—and you’ll be ready to rock the cement catwalk.
GET THE LOOK…
1. Knitted Chunky Raglan sweater in Cream ($76) – buy it at Topshop.
2. Vero Moda Textured Shirt ($57.30) – buy it at ASOS.
3. Kate Spade New York Franca Cat’s Eye Sunglasses in white ($128) – buy it at Nordstrom.
The Glamourai wore the 7 For All Mankind floral jeans in Kauai Floral, but which one would you choose?
1. Gucci Cropped Straight Leg Jean ($695) – buy it at Net-a-Porter.
2. Citizens of Humanity Mandy Floral Roll Up Jean ($189) – buy it at Shopbop.
3. Current/Elliott Floral Stiletto Jeans ($214) – buy it at Shopbop.
1. 7 For All Mankind Printed Skinny Jeans in Garden Party ($189) – buy it at Nordstrom.
2. DVF Loves Current/Elliott Classic Skinny Jeans in Blue Leaf ($258) – buy it at Saks.
3. MOTO Floral Leigh Jean in Mid Stone ($80) – buy it at Topshop.
1. J Brand Blush Flower Jean ($200) – buy it at SSENSE.
2. Goldsign Virtual Printed Crop High Rise Skinny Jean ($225) – buy it at Net-a-Porter.
3. Not Your Daughter’s Jeans (petite) in Alisha print ($110) – buy it at Nordstrom.
Printed jeans are in full force this season, and Joe’s Jeans is out to show us how we can rock their latest Printed Denim Collection for Spring 2012. Expect to find floral jeans inspired by interior design and Pop Art; a tribal print, a muted leopard jean and a snake print skinny. Famed photographer Tao Ruspoli was commissioned to shoot this short film, featuring models strutting around a mansion, really nailing the fierce printed jeans look. Creative Director, Joe Dahan shares, “This collection is very playful yet sophisticated. We drew inspiration from impressionists and other art forms including music, the streets, nature and interior design.” His favorite print, Electric Blue Pop Art Daisy, blends abstract and pop art elements for a high fashion statement piece. Check out the film below for more insight.
There are more styles from The Joe’s Jeans Printed Denim Collection, available at Neiman Marcus online.