Got an awkward-yet-beloved college sweater clogging up your dresser drawer? Just can’t seem to figure out a way to work it into your wardobe, but don’t want to toss it due to sentimental value? Refinery29 says you can still rock your alma mater if you pair it when some printed jeans (and a few other quirky accessories). We’re loving this idea.
Didn’t get the goods on Cyber Monday? No worries. Nasty Gal still has a killer sale on already-marked down jeans, including printed denim, colored denim, and (yes) neon denim. Check out there chic skinny styles you can rock right into the new year and prepare to make a statement in one of these eye-catching options.
Ladies, printed jeans are the style du jour, so have fun this summer and stand out from the crowd in these decorative jeans that will stand alone on its own. Since we’re certain you wouldn’t go out half naked in public (with the few exceptions of certain celebrities), we put together some key looks that will keep the spotlight on your graphic jeans, while making you the star with a carefully pulled-together look.
School’s out and you’re probably ready to retire your academic textbooks, but no matter how studious you are (or were), it’s due time for a quick refresher on summer 2012 denim trends. We’re right on the cusp of summer. Are you stuck in a rut? We’ve got styling ideas to help you out. From cropped florals and pastel shorts to wide-leg, boyfriend, and printed jeans, all the major trends are represented here, with our suggestions. Get ready to learn—and don’t hesitate to refer back to this summer trend textbook, as needed!
Here’s one classic piece you must have in your wardrobe: the denim workshirt. We love this light wash MOTO Fitted Denim Shirt from Topshop, which looks equally good paired with pastel hues and neutral standbys as it does with bold prints and shocking brights. Try wearing yours with pencil skirts and flats for work, or loose over your favorite pair of colored skinny jeans on the weekend. Check out more of our suggestions below!
Many celebs partake in questionable dressing, but we believe in rewarding the ones who look good and taking fashion cues from them. In the pursuit of collecting style inspiration, we rounded up nine fresh denim outfits we adore. From Zoe Saldana’s classic neutral look to Ashley Tisdale’s boho-infused styling, each lady wears radically different denim pieces, paired uniquely to fit own individual style (while looking super-cute). Phew, no sartorial clones here!
1. Clean, classic, and simple. Zoe Saldana makes neutrals work in her favor with a black, white, and nude look, anchored together by Rag & Bone’s Leggings in Midnight.
3. With her Current/Elliot Floral Skinny Jeans, Katie Holmes utilizes the printed denim trend in a look well-suited for a busy lady on the go. To make this slightly girly outfit even more denim-friendly, she throws a denim shirt atop her floral jeans. We approve.
4. Brazilian model Ana-Beatriz Barros perfects polished weekend looks with J Brand Leather Leggings in Red. The textural contrast of her coated denim jeans against a mohair sweater proves that opposites attract to create truly interesting outfits.
5. Just like the flavor of its namesake, mint-colored denim is oh-so-refreshing and big this season. Aided by the graphic stripes of her shirt, Ali Larter looks mod with her Black Orchid Jeans in Mint Julep. We’d all be so lucky to look this good while picking up our Special K.
6. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley epitomizes model-off-duty city wear in her Etoile Isabel Marant Adam jeans (try these Cheap Monday Narrow Jeans for a similar look), oversize knit sweater, chunky suede booties, and wake-me-up coffee fix. Even if you’re not a model, this super-cozy outfit is super chill.
7. Ombre hair might be too wild for your taste, but you easily can achieve boho-tinged style by rocking loose, distressed jeans (like Theyskens’ Theory boyfriend-fit). Take styling cues from Ashley Tisdale, who wears her All Saint’s drop-crotch jeans with a floppy hat, fringe boots, and bright red bag.
8. You know how we feel about Jessica Alba‘s colored denim collection, and we are big fans of this hot mama’s weekend look. She wears a pair of Kate Spade Broome Street Jeans, but we’ve pinpointed a pair of SOLD Spring Street Red Skinny jeans that would look equally cute for a colorful day at the playground as out on the town.
9. For the launch of Chinese Laundry Denim, Shenae Grimes wore a denim jacket from the line with a pair of harem pants and a bra top. We give her props for exposing her midriff in a trendy and cute way, without being too revealing. The key is in that denim jacket! You can’t find the one she’s wearing in stores yet, but this Heritage 1981 Zip Up Denim Jacket will work to the same effect.
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and inside info! Catch up on what’s happening and browse our personal picks for the most interesting what-not that turns up during our morning web crawl. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. The Selvedge Yard, PRPS, and Triumph Motorcycles teamed up to create the limited edition blackbird jean, and Scott Toepfer shot some awesome images of the jeans in action on–what else?–a kick-ass motorcycle.
2. We love denim sneakers and we love these versatile kicks from Levi’s sneakers, made in collaboration with Levi’s Japan. Their Hi Cone Denim Vulcanized Sneaker is half-made with stone washed denim.
3. Bleulab‘s opened its first retail store in Japan, located in the Harakuju District–but only for 45 days.
4. Check out this editorial from the May 2012 issue of Women’s Health, featuring Brooklyn Decker wearing a pair of True Religion cut-offs.
5. Printed shorts for summer? That’s what Paige + Libertyfeatures for their latest collection, with tons of springy florals.
Like many of us, we weren’t sure we would ever wear floral jeans, but this trend has entered into the spring fashion vernacular in full force. After seeingThe Glamourai (Kelly Framel) style her floral denim look on her blog, we were emboldened to try it. And, after reviewing all the gorgeous assortment of floral printed denim coming from our favorite denim brands, we just had to share 9 of the most covetable jeans in bloom. Thrown together with a neutral top and platform sandals—with ankle jeans—and you’ll be ready to rock the cement catwalk.
GET THE LOOK…
1. Knitted Chunky Raglan sweater in Cream ($76) – buy it at Topshop.
2. Vero Moda Textured Shirt ($57.30) – buy it at ASOS.
3. Kate Spade New York Franca Cat’s Eye Sunglasses in white ($128) – buy it at Nordstrom.
The Glamourai wore the 7 For All Mankind floral jeans in Kauai Floral, but which one would you choose?
1. Gucci Cropped Straight Leg Jean ($695) – buy it at Net-a-Porter.
2. Citizens of Humanity Mandy Floral Roll Up Jean ($189) – buy it at Shopbop.
3. Current/Elliott Floral Stiletto Jeans ($214) – buy it at Shopbop.
1. 7 For All Mankind Printed Skinny Jeans in Garden Party ($189) – buy it at Nordstrom.
2. DVF Loves Current/Elliott Classic Skinny Jeans in Blue Leaf ($258) – buy it at Saks.
3. MOTO Floral Leigh Jean in Mid Stone ($80) – buy it at Topshop.
1. J Brand Blush Flower Jean ($200) – buy it at SSENSE.
2. Goldsign Virtual Printed Crop High Rise Skinny Jean ($225) – buy it at Net-a-Porter.
3. Not Your Daughter’s Jeans (petite) in Alisha print ($110) – buy it at Nordstrom.
Printed jeans are in full force this season, and Joe’s Jeans is out to show us how we can rock their latest Printed Denim Collection for Spring 2012. Expect to find floral jeans inspired by interior design and Pop Art; a tribal print, a muted leopard jean and a snake print skinny. Famed photographer Tao Ruspoli was commissioned to shoot this short film, featuring models strutting around a mansion, really nailing the fierce printed jeans look. Creative Director, Joe Dahan shares, “This collection is very playful yet sophisticated. We drew inspiration from impressionists and other art forms including music, the streets, nature and interior design.” His favorite print, Electric Blue Pop Art Daisy, blends abstract and pop art elements for a high fashion statement piece. Check out the film below for more insight.
There are more styles from The Joe’s Jeans Printed Denim Collection, available at Neiman Marcus online.