“Fly like a G6″- Stacy ‘Fergie’ Ferguson flashes the peace sign before going through the body scanner wearing Black Orchid Ankle Buckle Skinny Jeans in Fog Wash at LAX Airport. The Black Eyed Peas musician looks rocker chic with her complete ensemble of Charlotte Olympia shoes, a Yves Saint Laurent bag and Fergie was given special treatment as she was allowed to keep her Cartier sunglasses on. A star is a star and we’re lovin’ it.
Tags: Black Eyed Peas, black orchid denim, cartier sunglasses, charlotte olympia shoes, Fergie, fergie at lax, full body scanner, lax, skinny jeans, stacy fergie ferguson, stacy ferguson, Yves Saint Laurent
Fergie of the Black Eyed Peas was spotted looking characteristically fergalicious in the HUDSON by Georgia May Jagger lace back Jerry jeans. She is also wearing a Balenciaga Lipstick Red Leather Biker Jacket with many zippers, aviator sunglasses, stiletto heels, and a huge Dolce and Gabbana bag. A woman of glamour, she’s sure to travel in the freshest looks rather than risk arriving to a see of cameras in sweatpants and a hoodie. Now that’s making an entrance!
Tags: Balenciaga, Black Eyed Peas, dolce and gabbana, Fergie, Georgia May Jagger, Hudson Jeans, lace back Jerry jeans
Missed out on anything this week? We make catching up easy with our round up of the most exciting blog posts we cooked up for you in the past seven days. You’re welcome!
1. A/W 2011 Menswear: Balmain Homme—One menswear collection (or wardrobe as designer Christophe Decarnin prefers to call it) that we could not go without making a big fuss out of is without a doubt Balmain Homme… Keep Reading! ?
2. Denim Insider: Twelve Years of Frankie B. Jeans—In February, Frankie B. Jeans will mark its 12th year anniversary, and we thought it would be fitting to talk to Daniella Clarke, the founder who started out DIYing her own jeans as a teenager by ripping out the waistbands… Keep Reading! ?
3. Who Wears Short Shorts? Natalia Vodianova!—We’re obsessed with the eerie mood of this denim-hued ’70s/circus inspired editorial featuring Russian beauty Natalia Vodianova, shot by by Paolo Roversi… Keep Reading! ?
4. AW 2011 Menswear Round Up Part 1—Color, colore, couleur! From Milan to Paris, the Autumn-Winter 2011 Menswear shows were vibrant, bursting with color, both hot and muted, perhaps in an attempt by haute couture designers to break out of the usual winter black and grays… Keep Reading! ?
5. Nowhere Denim, Nowhere League—We’re obviously obsessed with anything reminiscent of 90s grunge, so it’s no wonder why we love this editorial from the latest issue of Sportswear International. Shot by Jimmy Fontaine and styled by Karen Levill, this moody adventure sets these Dr. Marten-wearing young things in the middle of nowhere parading around in the apathy of their youth… Keep Reading! ?
6. Fergie in Black Orchid Ankle Buckle Skinny Jeans—Fergie was spotted in Los Angeles wearing Black Orchid’s “Black Jewel Ankle Buckle” skinny jeans in Fog wash. Joined by husband Josh Duhamel (we love the matching black leather jackets, love birds!)… Keep Reading! ?
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: Balmain Homme, best denim blogs, best denim posts, black orchid, denim editorial, Fergie, Natalia Vodianova
Fergie was spotted in Los Angeles wearing Black Orchid‘s “Black Jewel Ankle Buckle” skinny jeans in Fog wash. Joined by husband Josh Duhamel (we love the matching black leather jackets, love birds!), the Black Eyed Peas songstress sported the edgy gray skinnies to check out the Supercross Championship at Dodger Stadium. We think her style is so cool—stilletos, leather, and cropped jeans are the perfect way to go to a sports event, right? Surely you won’t disappoint your man this way!
Image from Denim Blog.
Tags: Black Eyed Peas, black jewel ankle buckle, black orchid denim, Dodger Stadium, Fergie, josh duhamel, skinny jeans, Supercross Championship
Victoria Beckham in Balmain
Nicole Richie in Jet by John Eshaya
Fergie in Diesel
Ever since I first saw the biker inspired bleached denim on the runway of Balmain, I knew this trend was going to be a hit, but I didn’t think it would hold up for so long. Everyone from Victoria Beckham to BeyoncA© have rocked this look and so can you. Copy this look by D.I.Y. and revive the 80s in your wardrobe with homage to the late legendary Michael Jackson by pairing it up with a band inspired jacket (a la Balmain).
D.I.Y. instructions to create your own Tie-Dye/Bleached Jeans
(Source – Life & Style):
Tools needed: Bleach, bucket, sponge, rubber gloves, newspaper
Step 1: Assemble tools and pour bleach into bucket.
Step 2: Stuff jeans with newspaper to keep bleach from seeping through to the other side.
Step 3: Using a sponge, dab and drip bleach onto jeans. Hang to dry for an hour . Wash and dry.
Step 4: Reapply bleach with sponge in additional areas. Hang to dry for three hours. Wash and dry again.
Tip: Make sure to choose a well-ventilated area, like a porch or driveway, because bleach gives off noxious fumes.
Divine Rights of Denim
Jet by John Eshaya New Wave Light Splatter Jean in Stone/Bleach (as seen on Nicole Richie), $189
Rock Star Biker Zip Bottom Tie Dye Jeans, $209
Divine Rights of Denim Tie Dye Skinny Jeans $65
–Nikki Cho Russo
Tags: Balmain, Diesel, Divine Rights of Denim, Fergie, Jet by John Eshaya, Nicole Richie, Rock Star Jeans, Victoria Beckham