Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and inside info! Catch up on what’s happening and browse our personal picks for the most interesting what-not that turns up during our morning web crawl. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. You might need to take a breather after watching thisJoe’s Jeans video–it makes printed denim look hot, hot, hot (which, in case you didn’t know, it already is for fall).
2. In her latest music video, for the new song “Girl Gone Wild,” MadonnawearsBLK DNM‘s Jeans 8 in DLNCY BLACK. Stretchy, high-rise, and danceable? Good to know we have some Material Girl-approved dancing denim options!
3. Diesel‘s “Our Glory” men’s denim collection launched last week in San Francisco, complete with a performance by PAPA and lots of awesome pieces made from vegetable indigo and shuttle looms.
4. Can’t wait to see this! J Brand is planning to open its first flagship stores in the next 15 months in New York and London.
5. Get your hands on David Bitton’s new premium denim line, aptly named DAVID BITTON, for clean, sophisticated (and oh so colorful) jeans.
Last fall, Style.com launched their Video Fashion Week, featuring film shorts to showcase brands that don’t normally show at Fashion Week, such as Surface to Air. Now that spring is oh-so-close, we think watching this video now [Editor's note: there are NSFW nipplage scenes] is just enough to make us pine even harder for those warm, lazy days. Featuring S2A‘s Spring-Summer 2012 ready-to-wear collection, you’ll see faded, vintage wash denim, even a patchwork piece, plus lightweight button down shirts in easy-on-the-eye gray scale, neutrals and blues. With “Harmonia” by Cass McComb as the mood music, you might just agree that this is likely the most perfect day ever on video.
Utilizing an alternative medium to debut his new BLK DNM collection, famed Swedish fashion designer Johan Lindeberg (of J. Lindeberg) has produced a short film to captivate his fashion audience. You may recall Lindeberg also made headlines several years back with his ad campaigns featuring the likes of Dave Gahan of Depeche Mode and actress Juliette Lewis. Directed by Danish filmmaker Martin De Thurah, “Short Film 1″ presents the BLK DNM collection in a mesmerizing and surreal cinematic package, complete with a soundtrack and enough emotion to bring a sort of Street Style realism (not cinema verit?) which is in conflict with fantasy-ridden runway shows walked by models in restrained emotion. Showcased are BLK DNM’s edgy, downtown cool that sparks a bit of elegant rebellion: zippered leather jackets, square-shouldered blazers and high-rise stretch jeans for women. Lots of leather jacket options, trousers and a straight leg and slim fit jean for men. Also look for denim shirts.