Did you think the colored jeans trend was going away anytime soon? When it was announced that yellow was going to be the It Hue in 2008, thanks to First Lady Michelle Obama’s inaugural dress, who’d know yellow was here to stay! The pool of yellow jeans is deep. We found 12 eye-catching jeans that will not only make you drool (think of the association to the citrus!), but make heads turn for all the right reasons. Keep in mind, we believe in moderation, so complement your bright jeans with a neutral colored top and shoes, or break up the color block with a natural colored belt if you choose to go bold on top as well. Either way, have fun with it.
1. ASOS Coated Skinny Jeans in Yellow ($71.62) – buy it at ASOS.
2. CJ by Cookie Johnson Slim Straight Leg Jean ($158) – buy it at Nordstrom.
3. FOREVER21 Fitted Skinny Jean in Yellow ($15.50) – buy it at Forever21.
4. Ksubi Super Skinny Jean ($170) – buy it at Farfetch.
5. Rag & Bone/JEAN The Legging Jean in Neon Yellow ($187) – buy it atShopbop.
6. AG Adriano Goldschmied The Stilt Cigarette Jean ($159) – buy it at at Saks Fifth Avenue.
7. ASOS Skinny Jeans in Neon Yellow ($57.30) – buy it at ASOS.
8. Britt Color Skinny Jean in Bright Yellow ($39.50) – buy it at dELiAs.
9. True Religion Serena Golden Poppy Mid-Rise Legging Jeans ($198) buy it at Neiman Marcus.
10. BDG Cigarette High Rise Jean in Yellow (on sale for $39.99) – buy it atUrban Outfitters.
11. Vince cropped skinny jeans in Chartreuse ($198) – buy it at Neiman Marcus.
12. LOVE Moschino Denim Pants in Yellow ($123) – buy it at YOOX.
Just in: d.Brand releases a Mustard yellow skinny jean for Fall 2012…
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: bright jeans, color block jeans, colored denim, colored jeans, fashion trends, jeans trend, neon jeans, yellow jeans
Free People’s July Lookbook reveals their Pre-Fall Collection and there’s no surprise here: we’re obsessed! The wide leg and flared trends we saw this season are just getting bigger (no pun intended!) so you’ll be comfy and boho chic at the same time. We are so happy to see that the ultra-flare jeans Sasha Pivovarova wore in their lookbook last April are back again, giving us one more chance to snatch them up. Colored denim is another trend that Free People is bringing into fall, but by adding zippers and exposed stitching, their red jeans have a fresh new look. We love all the denim that Free People is offering us to welcome the cold weather in, but our personal favorite has to be the high-waisted pair of jeans that lace up along the lower leg. They come in a black wash and just ooze that sexy rocker chick vibe that we sadly don’t have the musical talent to have otherwise.
Images via Free People.
Tags: colored denim, denim trends, fall fashion, fashion trends, flared denim, flared jeans, free people, high-waisted jeans, red jeans, wide leg jeans, zippers