This year we witnessed the comeback of the jean jacket, which is awesome because being able to look fashion forward while wearing classic pieces you probably already own is huge a plus. But, what happens when you go fishing your denim duds out from the back of the closet, only to find there was a mouse attack? Or worse, a scissor attack you perpetrated yourself a few years back when super-destroyed denim was the hot new trend? Answer: Bring it to Denim Therapy! Witness this rockin’ repair and become a DT believer.
Tags: Denim Repair, Denim Therapy, fall fashion trends, jean jacket, jean repair, menswear
Colored denim, destroyed cut-off shorts, leather patches, and pairings that carry outfits from summer to fall… our favorite style points are all here in these five super-cute street style snaps from some of our favorite bloggers. Check them out for some early fall styling tips, such as long neutral cardigans over pop-color bottoms, animal print scarves over denim workshirts, and layered sheers with shredded jeans.
Images from left to right: Song of Style; Le Blog de Betty; Something Navy; Chic Too Chic; Viva Luxury
Tags: cut off shorts, denim style, fall denim trends, fall fashion trends, Street Style
Summer flew by, but when we back-track in blog land, it seems we ran the full gamut! Aside from hosting giveaways with some of our favorite brands, scouring the web for exciting denim news, reviewing lookbooks and tracking celeb style, we whipped up a few posts we’re super proud of (and we think are worth a second look). Below, revisit ten of our best posts from summer 2011!
1. Summer Jeans: DT Bloggers Love Buffalo David Bitton Denim!
2. How To Make Your Jeans Fit When They’re Too Small
3. An Exclusive Q&A with Maurizio Donadi of Levi’s Made & Crafted Jeans
4. Denim Therapy At The ENK NYC and William Rast After Party
5. Editor’s Picks: Must-Have Pieces For An Effortless Fall Fashion Transition
6. 5 Good Reasons (& Ways) To Have Denim Therapy Fix Your Jeans
7. Daily Denim Tip: How To Wear Colored Denim (Whether You’re Feeling Bold Or Not)
8. Ones To Watch: Five Men’s Denim Brands We Loved At PROJECT NY
9. Lemonade & Jeans: Denim Therapy x Resin Denim At Brooklyn Flea
10. Flashback: Denim Suits in Playboy Magazine 1976
Tags: best denim articles, buffalo david bitton, denim blogs, denim links, Denim Repair, Denim Therapy, fall fashion trends, how to wear colored denim, playboy magazine, Project NY
As the pre-frost October air gets a bit more audacious, late-fall fashion with layers and texture becomes the uniform for urban dwellers. We may have to drop our humid-weather dressing habits, but denim sticks around all twelve months of the year. Those of who can’t part with our summer cut-offs stretch a pair of wool tights over their legs. Flawless skinny jean fits are paired with dramatic fur coats. Sharp, tailored military jackets turn average Joe’s into blue-jean heroes… You get the idea. Below are some of our favorite cold weather denim trends.
1. Fur coats and skinny jeans take the stage in “Easy Riders”, an editorial from ELLE US November 2010. Source: The Fashion Spot
2. Summer’s staple cut-off shorts carry you right into fall with a nice pair of tights (and once the snow starts to fall, a pair of leg warmers for extra warmth). Source: Lookbook.nu
3. Cuffed jeans, visible socks, and brown buckle shoes add a fun dose of prep and are a surprisingly chic combination for fall. Source: The Sartorialist
4. Chanel’s textured grey-wash denim on the runway this fall may be intended for next spring, but the autumn wardrobe inspiration is too easy to pass up. Source: NY Mag
5. Denim as accessories when you least expect it! You might not do a turban with rear-end pockets, but shredded denim accessories puts a twist on a classic textile. Source: Capital City Pretty
6. Boys become gentlemen in dark denim jeans and a corresponding gold-buttoned jacket. Source: Facehunter
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: Chanel Spring 2011, DENIM, denim accessories, ELLE, fall 2010, fall fashion trends, fur coats, military style, Street Style, styling