As the summer climate nears a cooling point in NYC, we’re thinking about the perfect women’s denim jacket for fall. A medium or light wash jean jacket can be the perfect layer to wear on cool summer nights and work seamlessly into your transitional fall wardrobe. We picked out three of our favorites below. Pair them with a simple dress or jean shorts and a tee.
We’re always looking for ways to make our favorite style cues feel fresh, and we love when we stumble across a trend-setter who is doing exactl that. Style blogger Aimee of SwellMayde pairs her Levi’s Women’s 501 Jeans (grab a similar pair here) with a chambray button-down top and lace tank, creating a double denim look with a bit of elegance. In another look, she switches out the chambray for a super seasonal plaid shirt. See both looks below, and check out the original post for more images.
Images via SwellMayde.
Tags: boyfriend jeans, buy denim online, denim and lace, denim and plaid, Denim On Denim, double denim, fall denim trends, levi's 501 jeans, style blogger, vintage jeans
Ready for something new? We love a basic go-to jean, but when you’ve got a job interview, a hot date, or a night out with friends to dress for, it pays to switch things up a bit. Go beyond the basic medium-wash jean and add some spice to your look! Try one of these three denim trends for fall…
1. Patchwork jeans. Try Just Female Used Jeans 2. Printed jeans. Try 7 For All Mankind The High Waisted Skinny Jeans 3. Coated jeans. DL1961 Florence Insta Sculpt Coated Jeans
Which of these looks will you be trying for fall? Let us know on facebook or twitter!
Tags: buy denim online, coated denim, coated jeans, fall denim trends, patchwork denim, patchwork jeans, printed denim, printed jeans
It seems the entire world is on a quest to dress like Parisian style icons, chasing that effortless tomboy approach to feminine style made viral by modern stars like Clémence Poésy and Léa Seydoux. If you’re also looking to add a bit of French girl flare to your look, we’d recommend a browse through the fall 2014 collection of Laurence Doligé—a sportswear designer who has successfully combined effortless chambray with patchwork denim, peplum coats, and luxe slouchy knitwear into one offering of serious class. See the collection here, and check out our tips on dressing with je ne sais quoi below.
1. Mix dressy with casual. If you’re wearing a silk blouse, pair it with boyfriend jeans. A pair of tailored slacks go perfect with a crisp white tee. Roll up those sleeves and add some pearls!
2. Wear black and white. Sounds basic, and, well, it is. Try a white pair of jeans with a black knit sweater, tucked into the front. Add some gold cuff bracelets and a pair of easy flats. Done.
3. A simple frock does the job like nothing else. Whether it’s a button down cotton summer dress in a solid off-white hue or a pinstriped chambray cocktail number, less is more when you’re pulling off French-inspired style.
4. Find the perfect tailored jacket. No cutting corners on this one. There are few outfits that won’t be transformed into instant chic with the addition of a killer jacket. Pair it with skinnies and flats, belt it around the waist, and find the perfect clutch to carry.
5. Think beyond the skinny jean. French femmes know how to rock a pair of ultra wide leg pants. Pair wide leg jeans with a crop top and a long knit cardigan. A brimmed hat and some silver jewelry and you’re ready to hit the streets.
How do you pull off the French girl look? Let us know on facebook!
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: fall denim trends, french girl, french style, how to dress like a french girl, Laurence Doligé, parisian style, patchwork denim, peplum jacket, winter denim trends
Looking to add some variety to your wardrobe for fall? Think beyond the jean! Paired with a cute top and the right accessories, a denim skirt might just be the answer to your outfit conundrum this season. Whether you prefer to rock floor length style with a side slit or love a classic a-line, we’ve got you covered. Shop six of our favorite denim skirt styles below. The best part? You can pair any of these with some warm tights and rock them right into winter.
1. American Apparel High Waist Denim Skirt 2. A-Line Denim Skirt in Apricot Acid Wash 3. Denim Mom Skirt in Mid Vintage Wash
4. Paul & Joe Sister Skirt in Patched Denim 5. American Apparel High Waist Denim Skirt 6. The WhitePepper Button Through Midi Skirt in Denim
Which is your favorite? Let us know on facebook!
Tags: a line skirt, buy denim online, denim skirt, fall denim trends, jean skirt, long skirt, patchwork denim, pencil skirt, womens denim
In the ongoing argument against skinny jeans, you may not be so quick to jump on the mom jean bandwagon. But what about a 90s-tastic take on the classic baggy jean? You know, the kind you were once strongly encouraged to pull up around your butt during middle school? Well it’s back with a chic new twist. Honestly WTF tracked recent occurrences of this trend and there are more than just a few. It looks like the baggy jean is back. Will you be wearing it this fall?
See the full gallery of baggy jean glory here, and let us know if you’ll be rocking this trend.
Tags: baggy denim, baggy jeans, boyfriend jeans, denim style, fall 2014, fall denim, fall denim trends, Street Style, what to wear
We’ve been light wash obsessed all summer long, but now that the weather is cooling off, we’re ready to break out the darker hues—especially when it comes to jeans. Fall is the perfect time to pair black jeans with an oversize sweater or a chic denim button-down. Here are 6 diverse options for wearing one of our favorite styles.
1. Rag & Bone/JEAN High Rise Skinny Jeans 2. GOLDSIGN Virtual High Rise Skinny Jean 3. R13 Leather Chap Jeans
4. Maison Kitsune New Skinny Jeans 5. Rag & Bone/JEAN Digital Pajama Jeans 6. FRAME Le Color Rip Skinny Jeans
Tags: black jeans, buy denim online, fall denim trends, Frame Denim, Goldsign, Maison Kitsuné, R13, rag & bone JEAN, skinny jeans
Ever wonder how to bring new life to an old pair of favorite jeans? Aside from sending them in to Denim Therapy for any physical repairs they may desperately need, you can re-style and revive your baby blues with some styling tricks. The upside to this? Aside from avoiding spending your hard-earned summer income on denim this fall, you will also be doing something for the environment:
Via The Zoe Report: “By either repurposing your outdated jeans—you know, the long-forgotten-about pairs hiding at the bottom of a drawer—or seeking out pre-loved varieties, you’ll not only be adding intrigue to your wardrobe, but you’ll also be reducing landfill waste (clothing contributes up to 5%). Here, you’ll find three crazy-cool resources to give your blues game a boost!”
Click through to find out how to revive your favorite jeans for fall.
Tags: boyfriend jeans, fall denim trends, favorite jeans, how to wear jeans, reduce waste, The Zoe Report
Need a perfect pair of weekend jeans for fall? You’ll need something that holds up to the challenge of the post-summer madness and looks uber stylish at the same time. All of our to-do lists get a little longer, and it seems like fall calendars fill up almost as quickly as the winter holidays. The solution? MiH Phoebe Slim style in the Cosy Faded wash.
How to wear it? Chloe Lonsdale (Creative Director and Founder of MiH Jeans) recommends dressing the Phoebe jean up with a heel a silk top for evening, or for a perfect weekend look, pairing the jean with a MiH oversize shirt or a tee and sneakers… preferably Converse lace ups. There you have it! The perfect weekend outfit.
Grab a pair of MiH Phoebe Slim style in the Cosy Faded wash and prep your closet for fall.
Tags: boyfriend jeans, buy jeans online, fall denim style, fall denim trends, MiH Jeans, the perfect pair of jeans, the perfect weekend jean