Looking for an easy way to give your wardrobe an instant revamp? Get into one of the seasons hottest must-haves: coated denim! Their wax finish gives any look a casual-cool vibe and instantly dresses up any look—totally perfect for fall! Pair them with a thick casual tee, chunky knit cardigan, multi-tone scarf, and a heavy wedge for a relaxed meets edgy look. Feeling tough? Black coated jeans are perfect if leather isn’t your thing. Throw on a cool mesh jacket, rocker tee, biker inspired boots, and a trendy feather earring for something bit more the bohemian grunge side.
To anyone who questioned whether or not nasty gals really do it better, feast your eyes on this! With A sexy mix of lace bustiers and high waisted distressed denim short shorts along with a flirtatious attitude, its kinda hard to focus on the actual clothes in this lookbook…but with so many on-trend separates like gauzy sheer dresses and hints of Navajo prints we managed to regain focus! Want to make this look more fall friendly? Warm it up with a cozy fur coat, opaque tights, and thigh-high boots. Talk about hot stuff!
Images via Nasty Gal.
Tags: denim cut off shorts, fall 2011 trends, fall friendly style, gauzy sheer dresses, high waisted denim shorts, lace bustiers, nasty gal, Nasty Gal Lookbook, navajo print, sexy lookbooks
Just because its fall doesn’t mean you have to throw color completely out the window! In fact, this season is all about color but with a big twist. Besides, with so many colored denim selections out there, how could you not get yourself into some bright hues? Okay, so we know you’ve heard of pattern clashing, but now its time to get into color clashing! Star by pairing two colors that normally wouldn’t “go” together, echo one of them in an accessory or a non-focal garment to add a bit of cohesion, throw in a third color (make sure to make it bright) for an extra bit of interest and you’re set! Sound complicated? No worries! We’ve put together two looks to give you some outfit inspiration! The key is to not go overboard—stick to one or two brights and throw in some vivid neutrals (not black and white) to keep things colorful.
1. Topshop nutmeg boyfriend blazer ($130) — buy it at Topshop.
2. Ksubi super skinny jeans ($170) — buy it at American Rag.
3. 3.1 Phillip Lim chiffon back tee ($325) — buy it at La Garçconne.
4. L.A.M.B. Evelyn multi-color leather heels ($265) — buy it at Heels.com.
5. Topshop suede ruched clutch ($66) — buy it at Topshop.
1. MTWTFSS Weekday champ sweater in neone ($40) — buy it at Weekday.com.
2. Miss Selfridge green dropback skirt ($56) — buy it at Miss Selfridge.
3. Modekungen denim vest ($100) — buy it at Modekungen.
4. ASOS suede belt ($35) — buy it at ASOS.
5. Ego & Greed Svan Lake two-tone wedge ($115) — buy it at Sole Struck.
Tags: 3.1 Phillip Lim, color clashing, denim styling tips, Ego & Greed, fall 2011 fashion trends, fall 2011 style trends, fall 2011 trends, How to wear it, how to wear unexpected colors, Ksubi, L.A.M.B., Miss Selfridge, Modekungen, MTWTFSS Weekday, styling tips, Topshop, what to wear