Just because its fall doesn’t mean you have to throw color completely out the window! In fact, this season is all about color but with a big twist. Besides, with so many colored denim selections out there, how could you not get yourself into some bright hues? Okay, so we know you’ve heard of pattern clashing, but now its time to get into color clashing! Star by pairing two colors that normally wouldn’t “go” together, echo one of them in an accessory or a non-focal garment to add a bit of cohesion, throw in a third color (make sure to make it bright) for an extra bit of interest and you’re set! Sound complicated? No worries! We’ve put together two looks to give you some outfit inspiration! The key is to not go overboard—stick to one or two brights and throw in some vivid neutrals (not black and white) to keep things colorful.
1. Topshop nutmeg boyfriend blazer ($130) — buy it at Topshop.
2. Ksubi super skinny jeans ($170) — buy it at American Rag.
3. 3.1 Phillip Lim chiffon back tee ($325) — buy it at La Garçconne.
4. L.A.M.B. Evelyn multi-color leather heels ($265) — buy it at Heels.com.
5. Topshop suede ruched clutch ($66) — buy it at Topshop.
1. MTWTFSS Weekday champ sweater in neone ($40) — buy it at Weekday.com.
2. Miss Selfridge green dropback skirt ($56) — buy it at Miss Selfridge.
3. Modekungen denim vest ($100) — buy it at Modekungen.
4. ASOS suede belt ($35) — buy it at ASOS.
5. Ego & Greed Svan Lake two-tone wedge ($115) — buy it at Sole Struck.
Tags: 3.1 Phillip Lim, color clashing, denim styling tips, Ego & Greed, fall 2011 fashion trends, fall 2011 style trends, fall 2011 trends, How to wear it, how to wear unexpected colors, Ksubi, L.A.M.B., Miss Selfridge, Modekungen, MTWTFSS Weekday, styling tips, Topshop, what to wear
Whether you’re into it or not (we certainly are) snakeskin is all the rage for fall! From Prada to Chloé, many fashion houses used it as a focal point in their collections, and from what we gather, when it comes to styling more is definitely more. However, we know that not everyone is comfortable sporting straight off the runway looks so we’ve put together two very distinct ways to rock this trend on the streets without looking like you’re trying too hard. Whether soft and earthy or tough and hard there’s definitely a way to wear snakeskin for everyone this season. Which will you wear?
1. Sass & Bide snakeskin print cotton jersey t-shirt ($190) — buy it at Net-A-Porter.
2. Burberry London cotton gabardine trench coat ($1,195) — buy it at Net-A-Porter.
3. J Brand medium wash 70s wide leg jeans ($218) — buy them at American Rag.
4. Luichiny Buckle-Up wedge ($90) — buy them at heels.com.
1. Super Trash Predito Snake Trousers ($185) — buy them at We Like Fashion.
2. T By Alexander Wang classic jersey t-shirt ($76) — buy it at Net-A-Porter.
3. Burberry Prorsum square-toe leather wedges ($950) — but it at Net-A-Porter.
4. Textile Elizabeth And James Alex checked parka ($375) — buy it at Net-A-Porter.
Tags: Burberry London cotton trench coat, Chloe, fall 2011 fashion trends, fall 2011 style trends, fall 2011 trends, how to wear snakeskin and denim, J Brand 70s wide leg jeans, Luichiny Wedges, Prada, Sass & Bide, Sass & Bide snakeskin prit t-shirt, snakeskin print, Super Trash snake print trousers, T By Alexander Wang jersey t-shirt, Textile Elizabeth And James Parka