Of-the-moment model Abbey Lee Kershaw gets super-saucy for Moussy‘s Fall 2010 campaign. Moussy is a Japanese streetwear brand with a heavy emphasis on sex appeal and denim. The ads won’t run in glossies here, but the shots you’ll find at Fashion Gone Rogue create a similarly fulfilling experience between seductive ad and consumer.
Shot by Yasutomo Ebisu, this set makes head-to-toe denim basics look as magnificent as eveningwear. The extreme perm adds a playful touch, and darling Abbey even makes a spelling error in her black-marker love letter. A bit of naivety mixed with sex appeal creates something playful and notoriously Japanese—a perfect playing field for versatile denim looks.
See the full campaign here.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: Abbey Lee Kershaw, campaign, DENIM, denim top, fall 2010, Japanese streetwear, Moussy, perm, sex appeal, Yasutomo Ebisu
Across the deliciously broad spectrum of potential jean wear-ables available right now, a few pieces stand out as gems the denim-hungry shopper should pause to ponder. Some have just hit the shelves and some are recycled looks from spring (which, with the right styling, carry over seamlessly), but the common thread is evident: Intense style with a dash of playful intrigue. Mix and match our picks below with your filmy tees, cable knit sweaters, and brown leather boots for fall.
1. Double-pocket denim collar shirts are the most happening item on the market right now, appearing in variations at every price point! This versatile top will work into any ensemble. Pixie Market Denim Top ($93) – buy it at Pixie Market.
2. It’s no secret that we love Siwy–their chic, incredible fit comes with a complimentary dose of street-smart sex appeal. Try these poly-elastic blend bottoms with a high-rise back. Siwy Jeans Rose Velour in Linger ($195) – buy it at REVOLVEclothing.
3. Princess seams add attractive contour to this denim pencil skirt, while an edgy wash and zip-front are good for class all day and the dance floor afterward. MY LOVELY JEAN Denim skirt ($168) – buy it at YOOX.
4. Here’s an adorable soft-pleated skirt that won’t be a major investment. The big roomy pockets and flouncy bow-tie in the front are too sweet to pass up. Life In Progress Denim Swing Skirt ($23) – buy it at Forever21.
5. This cut-out argyle top has plenty of negative space opportunity for layers with pop colors or lace blouses. Pieced Argyle Boatneck ($170) – buy it at Opening Ceremony.
6. Still a favorite on the scene, the boyfriend jean looks super-cute paired with heels, Keds, and lace-up wedges alike. Mix up boyish appeal with your lady charms! DEBI Boyfriend Jeans ($180) – buy it at DIESEL.
7. Some of us may be window shopping on this one, but it’s no sin to be inspired by the higher end options out there! This gorgeous utilitarian denim jacket is a classic in essence, and you’ll look as fierce as an aviator without having to lift a finger. Alexander McQueen Strong-shouldered denim jacket ($1,785) – buy it at Net-A-Porter.
8. Art school darlings, Jackson Pollock fans, and any who wish to turn heads, there’s no better way to do it than a pair of high contrast jeans with an intense print like this. Proenza Schouler High Waist Painted Jeans ($550) – buy it at Opening Ceremony.
9. No sense stopping with basic woven silhouettes—this unexpectedly sexy denim brassiere is structured, stylish, and just one click away. We love the contrast black band around the hem, too. Dungaree Denim Bra ($44) – buy it at TOPSHOP.
Gents… stay tuned for the mens’ edition!
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: Alexander McQueen, denim trends, Diesel, fall 2010, Opening Ceremony, Pixie Market, Proenza Schouler, shopping guide, Siwy
As the pre-frost October air gets a bit more audacious, late-fall fashion with layers and texture becomes the uniform for urban dwellers. We may have to drop our humid-weather dressing habits, but denim sticks around all twelve months of the year. Those of who can’t part with our summer cut-offs stretch a pair of wool tights over their legs. Flawless skinny jean fits are paired with dramatic fur coats. Sharp, tailored military jackets turn average Joe’s into blue-jean heroes… You get the idea. Below are some of our favorite cold weather denim trends.
1. Fur coats and skinny jeans take the stage in “Easy Riders”, an editorial from ELLE US November 2010. Source: The Fashion Spot
2. Summer’s staple cut-off shorts carry you right into fall with a nice pair of tights (and once the snow starts to fall, a pair of leg warmers for extra warmth). Source: Lookbook.nu
3. Cuffed jeans, visible socks, and brown buckle shoes add a fun dose of prep and are a surprisingly chic combination for fall. Source: The Sartorialist
4. Chanel’s textured grey-wash denim on the runway this fall may be intended for next spring, but the autumn wardrobe inspiration is too easy to pass up. Source: NY Mag
5. Denim as accessories when you least expect it! You might not do a turban with rear-end pockets, but shredded denim accessories puts a twist on a classic textile. Source: Capital City Pretty
6. Boys become gentlemen in dark denim jeans and a corresponding gold-buttoned jacket. Source: Facehunter
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: Chanel Spring 2011, DENIM, denim accessories, ELLE, fall 2010, fall fashion trends, fur coats, military style, Street Style, styling