We’re all about dressing down, but nowadays casual goes beyond just jeans and a t-shirt. The good things is that it doesn’t have to be difficult. In fact, it isn’t! And there’s a way to do it that’s as quick as throwing on you’re favorite pair of denim in the morning and calling it good. We’ve broken down three casual-cool looks that you can definitely wear now for some food for thought. The key is to trade in the basics and go for items with more personality. Opt for a cool chambray or plaid shirt instead of your go-to tee and style it with a pair of simple jeans (don’t be afraid to try colors other than blue). Keeping your outerwear and knits unexpected with prints and cool appliques like patches will also keep things (key word) interesting.
1. Obey costal chambray shirt ($86) — buy it at American Rag.
2. Topman stone rigid skinny jeans ($70) — buy it at Topman.
3. Topman Fairisle sweatshirt ($55) — buy it at Topman.
4. Super retro wayfarer sunglasses ($194) — buy it at 80’s Purple.
5. Mark McNairy toe cap derby boot ($383) — buy it at The Good Hood Store.
1. Topman Aztec Yoke Denim Jacket ($100) — buy it at Topman.
2. J. Crew red chambray shirt ($98) — buy it at Mr. Porter.
3. Zara burgundy work book ($99) — buy it at Zara.
4. Insight city riot slim fit jean ($100) — buy it at American Rag.
5. Filson otter green rucksack ($455) — buy it at Oi Polloi.
1. Topman corduroy sleeve baseball jacket ($100) — buy it at Topman.
2. Rag & Bone Slim-fit straight leg jeans ($195) — buy it at Mr. Porter.
3. Norse Projects tobias beanie ($64) — buy it at The Good Hood Store.
4. Keds anchor chukka shoe ($80) — buy it at American Rag.
5. American Eagle plaid workwear flannel ($39.50) — buy it at American Eagle.
Tags: Chambray Shirt, colored denim, Denim Menswear, fairisle print, get the look, How to wear it, men's trends fall 2011, plaid shirt
Topman channels the retro vibe of the 50s for their fall 2011 campaign clad in smart silhouettes and classic light wash denim. Newness is added to nerdy tweed blazers and cool varsity jackets with on-trend knits in bold patterns from fairisle and Aztect to Navajo (and lets not forget a killer leopard tie) thrown into the mix. A cool denim vest and denim jacket give the otherwise dapper look a definite streetwear appeal. Guys, take a hint! Check out the full campaign bellow.
Images via BKRW Denim.
Tags: 50's style, 50s fashion, aztect print, classic light wash denim, denim jacket, denim vest, fairisle print, Fall 2011 Menswear campaigns, leopard tie, light wash jeans, navajo print, Tompan campaign, Topman, Topman Fall 2011 campaign