Remember Stella McCartney’s children’s clothing line for Gap? All of us pouted because we weren’t a foot shorter and twenty years younger and therefore could not get our hands on those amazing military jackets and tulle skirts? Well, this is another one of those times when you’re going to be jealous of children’s clothing. A.P.C. collaborated with Little Fashion Gallery for an adorably stylish line of kid’s denim, which features faded washes translated into shorts, jeans, and bags that have the same casual nonchalance of the ever-stylish French brand, despite serving a 2 to 12 year age range. Were you this cool as a tot? I don’t think so.
Meltin’ Pot showed us that tough guys can do preppy, and we totally dug it! And now they’re showing us how nice gals do tough in their latest lookbook, and we have to say we’re huge fans! So what does it really take for a good girl to go bad? For starters, style a pair of combat boots with floral denim shorts (nothing says tough more than florals and boots)! Throw in some studded leather suspenders to rock with an ultra-cool pair of faded boyfriend jeans, and you’re pretty much set! Check out the full lookbook bellow!
Images via Denimology.
Tags: boyfriend jeans, faded boyfriend jeans, faded denim, floral denim shorts, meltin' pot, Meltin' Pot Spring 2012 Lookbook
One of the many reasons why we love denim so much is because it can be an everyday part of your wardrobe no matter what kind of look you are going for. Chiara Ferragni is an influential fashion blogger from Italy who shows us how a great pair of skinny jeans is the perfect thing to wear when you want comfort and style. Thanks to the faded grey wash on these jeans along with the matching knit sweater and ivory coat, there is a great neutral backdrop to be worn when you want to rock a hot & trendy accessory like this electric blue handbag. The skinny jeans also help form a nice silhouette so her shape doesn’t get lost in her loose-fitted top. So remember that when you’re unsure of what to wear to bring your outfit together, your favorite pair of skinnies is always a good option.
Images via Blonde Salad.
Tags: blue handbag, bright colors, Chiara Ferragni, faded denim, fashion blogger, grey jeans, Italian fashion, Italy, knit sweater, skinny jeans
Denim shirts are everywhere right now, so we like to lookout for styles that really stand out from the rest—AKA the UNIF shoulder peek denim button up. The shoulder cutouts show just the right amount of skin and also help the shirt rest on the shoulders, which really complements the cocoon hem in the back. Despite this show of skin, this shirt is still a perfect choice for hanging out with your friends or your boyfriend’s parents. So while $98 might be a bit more than you want to spend, you know you’ll be getting your moneys worth! We love how the lightweight faded indigo denim provides a soft, relaxed fit but still catches the eye thanks to the contrasting pockets. Get yours online at I Don’t Like Mondays.
Images via I Don’t Like Mondays.
Tags: denim button up, faded denim, shoulder cutout, UNIF
Luxury goods brand Mulberry is experiencing their own denim fever this summer! If you’re looking for some super haute denim footwear or hand bags, then you’ll be treated to some pale blue, washed and tiger-striped renditions of the season’s most popular quilted purses and clog-inspired shoes! Looks like Mulberry received some serious denim therapy when they decided to design these denim pieces. We’re glad they’ve converted!
1. Bayswater Belt Bag ($350).
2. Bayswater Electric Blue Trippy Tiger Denim ($1,150).
3. D-ring Wrap Wedge in pale blue washed denim ($550).
4. Tillie All In One wristlet clutch in pale blue washed denim ($260).
5. D-ring Wrap Bootie in pale blue denim washed denim ($695).
Shop these denim styles at Mulberry.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: denim accessories, denim footwear, denim shoes, faded denim, Mulberry, SHOPPING
Italian denim brand Meltin’ Pot Jeans launches their Style Me Up campaign: “about the blend of cultures and creating new ones and truly embracing the diversities of life, which is what Meltin’Pot is made from.” Their e-shop is set to launch March 10 (sorry, no U.S. or U.K. access).
From The Denim Guy:
So the project kicks off with the infamous Tokyo-based duo, Dan Bailey and Kazuaki Joe K that are Tokyo Dandy. The three models are Joe from Tokyo Dandy, Shingo who is an actor and Peli a stylist and one of Tokyo’s hottest DJs. We asked them to bring their own accessories and left our styling to finding the right leg cut – the most important factor when wearing jeans.
Japanese fashion is often seen as involving a lot of layering and perhaps over styling so for ‘Style Me Up’ we wanted to focus on denim as a uniform classic which allows for you to show off your accessories, body and above all personality. Even with the busy kitsch background, like that of a busy street anywhere in the world, you can stand out in a pair of jeans.
10 TokyoDandy styling tips for the season.
1. Turn up collars, roll up sleeves – fit your clothes to your body.
2. Chromophobia is the fear of bright colors – this is unacceptable -embrace color! Even just a little with a bright tie or pair of socks, or if you’re really daring your hair.
3. Cut off jean legs in Summer for the comfiest pair of shorts…
Read the rest of the story at The Denim Guy.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: cuffed jeans, faded denim, meltin' pot, Style Me Up, The Denim Guy, Tokyo Dandy, whiskering
British pop hottie Pixie Lott was recently snapped walking through LAX airport sporting a Wrangler denim vest (or a waistcoat, according to Denimblog). Although Pixie is dressed way down, unlike her usual pop star fashionista persona, her hair looks great and the vest-sweatpants-loafers ensemble actually does not look slovenly. We’ll cut her some slack, because we know we can’t always sit in a cramped plane wearing a miniskirt and 5-inch stilettos.
Images via PixieWeb.
Haven’t tried wearing a denim vest before? Fret not. We’ll supply some ideas to stay stylish and avoid that dreaded biker-’80′s hick look.
GET THE LOOK
1. A slouchy-yet-tailored looking sweatpants is a winning combination for the seasoned traveler. A.L.C. Tapered Cotton and Cashmere-Blend Pants ($295) – buy it at Net-a-Porter.
2. A gray denim vest adds a tidy continuous color line when paired with gray pants. All Saints Kay Denim Gilet ($75) – buy it at All Saints.
3. We chose a light blue tank to add a tasteful pop of blue which peeks out from underneath the vest. Michael Stars Ribbed Beater Tank Top in Oasis (on sale for $26) – buy it at Tobi.
4. In keeping with Pixie’s kiltie shoe look, we chose a driving shoe instead, for its softness and comfort aboard flights. Minnetonka Kiltie Suede Moccasin Flats ($48) – buy it at Urban Outfitters.
5. A retro-geeky look may not fool the paparazzi, but it’s sure trendy as hell! EP “Clubsmen” Half Frame Clear Lens Glasses ($10) – buy it at 80′s Purple.
6. A cross body bag is a traveler’s essential. Kimchi Blue Lady Satchel ($49) – buy it at Urban Outfitters.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: 80's Purple, A.L.C., Airport Style, All Saints, denim vest, faded denim, Kimchi Blue, light denim, Michael Stars, Minnetonka, Off-Duty Style, Pixie Lott, pop star, singers, Street Style, Wrangler