Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and everything else we couldn’t help but share. Check out what’s happening (and totally not happening) in the world of denim now. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Azalea Boutique has an amazing DIY denim-distressing video for you to watch, and that’s not all. You can WIN the featured pair of jeans! “Like” this video on Azalea Boutique’s Facebook Wall and ENTER TO WIN thefeatured pair of Naked & Famous Denim.” *Winner announced 09/22/11
2. Dudes, check out this just-released pair of Edwin x Unionville x Sivletto Raw Denim jeans, reviewed over at Rawr denim.
3. Go behind the scenes with Bleulab reversible denim jeans in their latest lookbook shoot for spring 2012.
4. Eat Sleep Denim snapped three great, simple fall street style looks during NYFW. Check them out for some quick inspiration for this morning’s look!
5. Tokyo brands are already showing on the runway, including Factotum, a denim-centric sportswear brand that has created a “new age hippie” look.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: Azalea Boutique, bleulab reversible denim, denim links, denim news, DIY, Edwin x Unionville x Sivletto, Factotum, how to distress denim, nyfw, raw denim, Street Style
Admit it. Men in jeans who wear an apron are hot. Japanese denim brand Factotum seems to think so, too, and it’s highlighted in their Autumn-Winter 2011 lookbook. Inspired by “Caf? Time,” you get more than a hint of the often beguiling allure of the caf? busboy, or the handsome stranger who might be seated alone nearby. Is he a regular, or is he just passing through? Well, at least he makes an impression.
Sometimes, that handsome stranger is a rocker. Sometimes, he’s this preppy guy. But is he ever the dude bold enough to make a statement in polka dot jeans, as proposed by Factotum Denim? Are you that man? Layer in a Japanese robe; make sure your shirt or overcoat collars are a bit sloppy looking, and you’ll be rockin’ Japanese street fashion.
Via 84/85. More images at Houyhnhnm.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: 84/85 blog, Cafe Time, Factotum, Houyhnhnm, Japanese denim, Japanese high street fashion, polka dot jeans, slim jeans