As late summer rolls in and the days get hotter Elle Magazine takes us on a mini getaway to the breezy country-side for a dose of fresh air in this editorial shot by Horst Diekgerdes featuring model Jessica Hart. The title says it all as the gap-toothed hottie has got the Red Hot Blues sporting some killer looks showcasing some the upcoming fall season’s ultra-rustic denim workwear. And though you wont find any signs of harsh labor on this girls denim jumpsuit (lets not forget this is a getaway) you’re sure to find lots of red and a bit a pink, sexy lace, and a dash of fur just in case the night gets a little chilly.
Images via Fashion Gone Rogue.
Tags: denim jumpsuit, Elle Magazine, Elle Magazine August 2011, Elle Magazine August 2011 editorial, fall denim, fall denim trends, Horst Diekgerdes, Jessica Hart, Red Hot Blues editorial, rustic workwear denim
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and everything else we couldn’t help but share. Check out what’s happening (and totally not happening) in the world of denim now. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. A denim boutique in the UK called Donna Ida is running the Adidas Women’s 5K Challenge in support of the children’s charity Jeans for Genes—an organization that funds research for the care of children with genetic disorders.
2. Now is the time to jump on the colored denim summer trend, with these deeelicious colorful styles in cut-off shorts from J Brand!
3. The Lucky Denim Fall lookbook is out, and features lots of cute cuts and strong, saturated washes.
4. This 5th Requisite Fall 2011 preview brings a bit of that geek-chic into the ladie’s wardrobe (the style we’ve been crazy about on guys lately).
6. Check out this video slideshow of the ever-androgynous Agyness Deyn filling out the shoes of James Dean for Elle magazine.
7. Cameron Diaz promotes her new movie, Bad Teacher, in white cropped J Brand skinny jeans.
Tags: 5th requisite, adidas women's 5k challenge, agyness deyn, Cameron Diaz, colored denim, Elle Magazine, fall lookbook, geek chic, J Brand, james dean, skinny jeans, summer trends, white denim
C’est magnifique! It makes total sense that Elle France produces a special fashion editorial focused on and styled around jeans. After all, denim came from France. Styled in various popular looks of the day, from Goth to Boho to Biker chic, a girl could really get inspired to take her daily style up a knotch. Of course, the models sport some of the most coveted statement pieces on everyone’s lips right now: The Prada espadrilley lace-up platform loafers, a Balmain ultra studded leather jacket; and a Balenciaga pouch accented by trendy tassels. Oh, and the jeans featured include are an international assortment, both well-known and French denim brands: Armani Jeans, Diesel, Hilfiger Denim, J Brand, Liu-Jo (Italy), Comptoir des Cotonniers (France) and Kaporal (France).
View more images at Who What Wear.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: Armani Jeans, Comptoir des Cotonniers, Diesel, elle france, Elle Magazine, Hilfiger Denim, J Brand, jeans fashion, Kaporal, liu jo