Finding the right fit for a pair of jeans can be quite an obstacle course. One must consider every angle, from the waistline to the hem… and then there’s washes, trends, and care instructions to consider (and the ultimate question: does my butt look good?). So it’s no wonder Ashley Olsen wore her custom fitted Earnest Sewn jeans to Nylon’s private dinner (which celebrated the October 2011 issue and her cover-star sister, Elizabeth Olsen). The young fashion icon was recently spotted in the same custom fit skinny jeans in Daija as she dashed out of her hotel during Paris Fashion Week. The option for custom made jeans can be pricey and unavailable for the non-celebs, but don’t fret! Denim Therapy can tailor the jeans you have already chosen as your fav (or the jeans you think could become your fav with a little nip/tuck). Find out how you can rock jeans that look as custom-made as Ashley!
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and everything else we couldn’t help but share. Check out what’s happening (and totally not happening) in the world of denim now. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Rihanna was spotted recently in some denim that’s a few sizes too big (but who’s looking at that? She’s also in a hot red bikini!) while filming her We Found Love music video in Ireland.
2. Gentlemen, if you’re planning on getting a little dapper this fall and wearing a vest, allow us to recommend the Mister Freedom x SugarCane MFSC “Apaches” collection’s INDIGO Métisse vest. It looks as amazing as it sounds.
3. On the other hand, ladies who want to look like filthy rodeo divas who spend one too many hours in the barn (…yep) can find solace in the mud-splattered skinny jeans dsquared just sent down the runway for spring.
4. Elizabeth Olsen is on the cover of the latest NYLON Magazine, and she’s wearing denim!
5. Not enough denim in your life? Closet full, but still want more? How about denim art & furniture! This Netherlands-based website delivers non-stop denim in those very forms.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: denim furniture, denim links, denim news, elizabeth olsen, INDIGO Métisse vest, MFSC “Apaches” collection, Mister Freedom x SugarCane, nylong magazine, rihanna, skinny jeans, stained jeans, white jeans