A great denim-shopping tip from Donna Ida! The best pair of jeans women with apple shape bodies should wear?
“Apple shaped girls should look for plenty of stretch in a straight leg dark wash as they are the most flattering.”
We’ve picked out three perfect pairs of straight-leg, dark wash jeans for you to try. Check them out below.
1. DL1961 Grace High Rise Straight Jeans
2. Citizens of Humanity Ava Straight Leg Jeans
3. J Brand Coated Stealth Power Stretch Jeans
Visit Donna Ida and check in with their resident denim shopping experts for more great info!
Tags: apple shape, denim shopping, Donna Ida, shopping tip, what jeans to buy, what jeans to wear
Going denim shopping anytime soon? If you’ve been feeling hesitant because denim shopping can be such an ego-blow, experience from hell, we don’t blame you. But we’re here to make it easier. We’ve got 5 tips from Donna Ida on buying jeans to ruminate over before you head out there into the denim jungle.
1. If jeans go on easily, go down a size. Kicking your way into the legs isn’t unusual.
2. Don’t be afraid to hem cropped jeans. People often think that if cropped jeans aren’t the right length then they’re not the jeans for them, but cropped jeans should be hemmed to fit properly, just like a bootleg or straight leg.
3. When buying jeans with super stretch, look for good quality denim that has great memory. The ‘memory’ is how quickly the denim springs back after wear.
4. When buying jeans with super stretch buy them firm but not overly tight. If you have ‘seam strain’ down the legs, they are possibly too tight and this could damage the stretch.
5. Look for white jeans with faux front pockets. If the style you choose has front pockets you can ask the tailor to remove them for a neater look.
Stay tuned for more tips!
—DT Staff & Donna Ida
Tags: denim guide, denim shopping tips, Denim Therapy, Donna Ida, hemming service, how to buy jeans, which jeans to buy
Leading UK denim retailer and jean salon extraordinaire Donna Ida released a spring 2012 lookbook of trends and key pieces for the new season. Just flipping through the digital pages is enough to make you curse the rest of pseudo-winter and get to the good stuff: the sun, the fun, the colored denim… Take a visual vacation and check out their trend forecast for spring.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: colored denim, Donna Ida, spring 2012 denim, spring 2012 trends, tie dye denim, uk denim retailer
One of spring’s hottest upcoming trends is tie-dye or ombre dye denim. UK-based denim expert Donna Ida weighs in: “To me tie dye is all about a relaxed, fun, hippy vibe and this season the colours are so super vibrant as seen on the catwalks of Charlotte Ronson and Etro. Get beach chic with tie dye shorts and casual tees.”
Get the look! Siwy Denim Camilla Shorts in Mixed Signals ($308.20) – buy it at Donna Ida.
Tags: dip dye denim, Donna Ida, How to wear it, ombre denim, spring denim trends, tie dye denim, what to wear
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and other irresistible glimpses of inside info. Catch up on what’s happening (and what’s definitely not happening) and browse our personal picks after scanning the web this morning. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Pierre Balmain is now available for pre-order at Luisaviaroma! The collection ranges from $120 to $2,000—totally affordable compared to its sister brand. Pre-order today!
2. We can’t get enough of this interactive video by Madewell! Tea, coffee, dress it up, dress down, sparklers, confetti—you choose! Trust us, it’ll definitely rock your holiday!
3. LF Stores has got some great gift ideas for us last minute holiday shoppers. We’re digging the bold neons with denim!
4. Civilianaire Denim (brainchild of Gene Montesano and Barry Perlman A.K.A. founders of Lucky Brand) is now at Atrium New York.
5. Donna Ida is on the hunt for the most stylish dogs and their stylish denim clad owners! You can submit a picture of your fashionable pooch by tagging Donna Ida in your photos on Facebook or tweet them @donnaidadenim.
Tags: Civilianaire Denim, denim news, Donna Ida, LF Stores, Madewell, Pierre Balmain
Denim diva, Donna Ida, expands the success of her two retail stores and opens up another on Elizabeth Street in Belgravia. So, if you are living in or visiting London, Ida is a must destination for a vast array of denim.
“Elizabeth Street is occupied almost solely by very specific destination stores – retailers who are experts in their particular genre,” Ida told VOGUE.COM of the location. “As London’s only dedicated denim store we knew that we would fit perfectly into the ethos of Elizabeth Street. The new store will be a further refinement of our closely edited denim selection, staying very true to our roots. There will be a small selection of T-shirts and tops to compliment the denim offering.” Vogue UK
The store opens February 1st at 40 Elizabeth Street, Belgravia.
–Nikki Cho Russo
Tags: Donna Ida, Ida, Vogue UK