5. The new year may have started, but we haven’t forgotten 2011 (yet). According to Advertising Age, Rihanna’s Armani Jeans ad campaign was voted the sexiest of the year. You can’t deny there’s something seriously smoking about skinny jeans, a leather jacket, and RiRi. It’s not rocket science.
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and other irresistible glimpses of inside info. Catch up on what’s happening (and what’s definitely not happening) and browse our personal picks after scanning the web this morning. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Tangerine tango is the freshest color of the new year (according to Pantone, at least) and Dylan George‘s mid-rise skinny jeans are way ahead of the 2012 curve with their Keira style in coated mango.
2. As a face of DKNY Jeans, Ashley Greene unveiled her simple, pared-down spring 2012 ad in Times Square. It’s hard to get any bigger than that!
3. Take a moment to forgive yourself for the sins of denim outfits past. Then watch this 1987 JC Penney Fashion Flash video and LOL at the “pulled-together denim looks” without a hint of guilt.
4. In eco-friendly denim news, Replay Jeans now replicates the look of worn-in, vintage jeans with a “Laser Wash” that utilizes no water and no sandblasting. Instead, they’re using ozone washing machines. How high-tech–and downright cool–does that sound?
5. Norwegian label Anti Denim has teamed up with heavy metal band 1349 for a new collection of limited edition, custom-made jeans that are made to rock out in.
Tags: Anti Denim, Ashley Greene, denim fashion show, DKNY Jeans, Dylan George, eco-friendly jeans, Replay Jeans, tangerine tango
DKNY Jeans shies away from its usual dark, urban brand of sexy for graphic punches of color that are destined to be worn at springtime picnics and summer days at the beach. This season, the label is big on cropped jeans in Easter egg hues like lavender, pale yellow, and sugary pink, in stark contrast to their normal black and gray palette. On the flip side, we’re also getting nautical vibes from their flare leg jeans, striped shirts, sweaters, and sailor-ready navy blues and bright whites. There’s a lot to a choose from, perfect for the street-savvy DKNY girl looking to branch out.
Images via Denimology
Tags: colored denim, cropped jeans, denim shorts, DKNY Jeans, flare leg jeans, Spring/Summer 2011, white jeans
Missed out on anything this week? We make catching up easy with our round up of the most exciting blog posts we cooked up for you in the past seven days. You’re welcome!
1. VMAN Magazine’s Spring Trend Forecast Features Denim—For the last few seasons we’ve seen many twists on classic trends, however for Spring Summer 2011 they get an added edge and VMan Magazine gives us a first look. From the suit to the back pack and (of course) denim, the highlights of the season are definitely not stuck on tradition… Keep Reading! ?
2. Streetwise: DKNY Jeans Spring 2011 Campaign—The DKNY Jeans spring 2011 campaign features the fierce American model Heidi Mount in a spread that exudes New York City-cool… Keep Reading! ?
3. Eva Longoria Out and About in J Brand—It’s so nice to see Eva out again, enjoying a meal with her parents at Beso, her restaurant in Hollywood. She’s looking sexy, confident and slim in a pair of J Brand jeans, a favorite go-to jean for dozens of Hollywood celebrities… Keep Reading! ?
4. Denim Shows Its Curves In Sportswear International—In their latest issue Sportswear International Magazine is celebrating the body. Aside from highlighting best selling topics like body enhancing fits and details to designer insights, the issue also includes delectable editorials like These Denim Curves… Keep Reading! ?
5. A Roll in the Grass! Pepe Jeans Spring 2011 Campaign—Russian beauty Anne Vyalitsyna teams up with Spanish heart throb Jon Kortajarena in a semi-anecdotal campaign for Pepe Jeans this spring. The styling is dominated by denim-on-denim looks for both men and women, punctuated by thick black belts, plaid work shirts and (ready?) a full-body fishnet leotard… Keep Reading! ?
6. Camilla Akrans Rocks Wide-Leg Denim in Vogue China—In case you haven’t set to rest your stipulation over whether wide leg denim pants were on the rise again, we’ve got you covered. Not only is this editorial proof of the trend’s exponential reemergence, but it should be aesthetically fierce enough to prove that wide-leg haters have nothing to hate… Keep Reading! ?
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: best denim, best denim blogs, DKNY Jeans, Eva Longoria, J Brand, Pepe Jeans, spring 2011 campaign, spring 2011 trends, VMan Magazine, vogue china
The DKNY Jeans spring 2011 campaign features the fierce American model Heidi Mount in a spread that exudes New York City-cool. The spectrum of blue and gray attire is a perfect match to the concrete Gotham landscape, but the clothes come to life in the hustle and bustle of curiously attractive passers-by clad in head-to-toe in our favorite fibers. Skinny jeans cuffed at the bottom seam to be the recurring trend this season, with hip-length denim jackets and white wash jeans of all treatments. We’ll wait and see if these city-staged styling tips start showing up on the streets of Manhattan once the warm weather hits.
See the full editorial here.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: denim trends spring 2011, denim trends summer 2011, DKNY, DKNY Jeans, heidi mount, spring 2011 campaign, white wash jeans
April Deals & Steals
20% Off Denim Separates!
An asymmetrical zipper transforms this everyday jacket into a statement piece.
Cotton-linen jacket, $71.20 after discount (originally $89); at dknyjeans.com.
DETAILS Receive 20% off any jean purchase (full-priced items only).
Enter promo code INSTYLE20 at checkout. Offer valid until April 30th.
–Nikki Cho Russo
Tags: DKNY Jeans, Instyle