Last time we linked up with Kuro, they showed us a gradient of denim washed, aged, and treated for different lengths of time, and told us the best way to wear distressed vintage jeans was with a tailored blazer and a crisp, clean button-down. Sound advice that doesn’t expire, it turns out, since we ran into them this week and they were keeping with their vintage meets tailored aesthetic. “Denim for the Yohji fan,” they explained, showing us a dapper mannequin outfitted in the customer image. Selvedge trimmed back pockets, top-stitching, and other details characterize this impressive Japanese brand. Check them out online for more on their philosophy and products.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: Denim Menswear, Distressed Jeans, how to wear, Japanese denim, KURO denim, mens denim, selvage, selvedge, tailored blazer, vintage jeans, what to wear
Think you’ve had enough of all the crazy denim trends this year? We think clothing brand CLOSED will provide some relief with their range of wearable denim from top to bottom. Maintaining a bit of color in its range of jeans, cotton pants and separates, you’ll feel like you could invest in a couple of solid items that will stretch out your wear longer than the seasons. Closed is also one of the few denim brands currently offering denim capris—a perfect cut for ladies who want to show off their new favorite booties. We’re also digging the sartorial touches in the men’s collection. Check out the gallery below for all the Fall-Winter 2012 looks.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: ankle jeans, capri jeans, Closed, CLOSED Denim, CLOSED Fall-Winter 2012, Closed Jeans, colored jeans, denim jackets, Denim shirts, Distressed Jeans, gray jeans, skinny jeans, slim jeans, trouser jeans, whiskered jeans
There’s been a lot of yellow denim dying lately, with new buttery-hued styles from Rag & Bone, Textile, and more. d.brand is taking a different route with a rich mustard yellow skinny jean, faded slightly on the thigh and featuring a button-up fly front. We love the subtle distressing that sets this pair of jeans apart from its more evenly colored cousins, giving them an earthy tumeric yellow look. Perfect for styling with high-contrast cobalt blue, black, or a more subtle light-wash denim workshirt, they’re a perfect statement making skinny for your fall 2012 wardrobe. We can’t wait to get our hands on a pair.
Visit d.brand online.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: colored denim, d.brand, Distressed Jeans, fall denim, project show, skinny jeans, sweden, what to wear, yellow jeans
We caught a look of Replay and Sons Fall 2011 Lookbook and well, safe to say we know what we’re getting our favorite little ones this holiday season! They have all of our Replay favorites, but in pint-size versions! The faded, distressed denim gives the jeans an extra bit of flare that goes with all the fun that is kids fashion, without being too overwhelmingly cutesy. Whether it be your standard boot-cut jean, overalls, or jean skirt, these items are all great options for any boy or girl as they are staple pieces that can be mixed and matched. The best thing about this collection though is how easy it is to match the looks to your own style–we mean who doesn’t love a good jean skirt and tight combo?
Images via Denimology.
Tags: boot cut jeans, Denim Overalls, Distressed Jeans, fur vests, jean skirt, kid's denim, kids jeans, knit hats, replay and sons
This Spring 2012 Lookbook from Natural Selection shows how simple great quality denim can be. They have both selvedge and non-selvedge options, as well as light-wash and distressed jeans, so you can get the jeans that you feel most comfortable in. We love how they don’t feel the need to dress up the denim, but keep it, well, natural (makes sense, doesn’t it?). A classic white tee or crisp button-down is all you need to throw together a great outfit, and when looking good is that easy, who can complain?
Images via Selectism.
Tags: button-down shirts, Denim Menswear, Distressed Jeans, light wash jeans, Natural Selection, white t-shirt
Hong Kong line CLOT Inc. has paired up with everyone’s favorite source of childhood entertainment to bring you a pair of jeans that are, quite literally, cheeky. Sandblasted, relaxed, and covered in Disney patches, these CLOT x DISNEY pants feature a saucy-looking Mickey winking out at the world, upside down, from across your bum. They’ll definitely make a bolder statement than your typical Mickey Mouse graphic tee ever could!
Image via BKRW-DENIM
Tags: denim collaborations, disney, Distressed Jeans, mickey mouse, patched jeans, sandblasted denim
While many of us may dream of winning the lottery, the reality is that times are tight, and we know that. But just because you’re living on a budget doesn’t mean your wardrobe has to suffer. There are a ton of cool jeans out there that have a great fit, are on trend, and are affordable—yes it is possible! We’ve rounded up 12 pairs that range in color, print, wash, and cut, so you can find the ones that are perfect for you. And hey, for less than $50, treat yourself to as many as you want!
1. American Eagle Outfitters White Skinny Jean ($39.50)–buy them at American Eagle Online .
2. Forever 21 Colored Skinny Jeans ($22.80)–buy them at Forever 21.
3. Levi’s Jeans Seamed Skinny Sequoia Twill ($35.00)–buy them at Macy’s.
4. Divine Rights of Denim Leopard Skinnies ($29.80)–buy them at Forever 21.
1. American Eagle Outfitter Midnight Indigo Skinny Jean ($49.50)–buy them at American Eagle Online.
2. American Eagle Outfitters Antique Destroy Skinny Jeans ($49.50)–buy them at American Eagle Online.
3. Forever 21 Premium Denim Jean with Ankle Zippers ($27.80)–buy them at Forever 21.
4. &Denim Slim Jeans ($29.95)–buy them at H&M.
1. American Eagle Outfitters AE First Edition Trouser Wide Leg Jean ($49.50)–buy them at American Eagle Online.
2. Gap 1969 Super Lightweight Skinny Boot Jeans ($34.99)–buy them at Gap.
3. Gap 1969 Mid-Weight Buckle Trouser Jeans ($29.99)–buy them at Gap .
4. Levi’s Jeans Flap Pocket Flare Jeans ($45)–buy them at Levi’s.
Tags: affordable jeans, American Eagle, blue jeans, boot cut jeans, colored jeans, dark-wash jeans, Distressed Jeans, flared jeans, Forever 21, Gap, green jeans, H&M, leopard jeans, Levi's, light wash jeans, skinny jeans, white jeans, wide leg jeans
The thing we really like about the My Own Room 2011-2012 Men’s Collection from Replay is how basic it is, but still not boring. While we’re seeing a ton of crazy prints and washes from other brands, the wildest part about these jeans are their distressed wash–and we’re ok with that. As the denim lovers we all are, we believe that sometimes going back to basics is just what we need. The football jacket and cotton t-shirt add to the look of classic American fashion, but at the same time, the variety of cuts (slim, skinny, bootcut) keep the line current and up-to-date. Get yours soon at the Replay Online Shop.
Images via Designer Denim Jeans Fashion.
Tags: American fashion, bootcut jeans, cuffed jeans, Denim Menswear, Distressed Jeans, fall fashion, Replay, skinny jeans, slim cut jeans, winter fashion
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and everything else we couldn’t help but share. Check out what’s happening (and totally not happening) in the world of denim now. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. We know Kate Moss can more or less do whatever she wants, but we’re pretty sure this denim-on-denim almost-the-same-but-not-quite-the-same light wash ensemble is a big no-no. The black boots/black hat/black belt punctuation is pretty bad too. Come on, Kate!
2. We love the relaxed fit of the jeans in this super modern, urban and beautiful fall collection by Israeli brand Mandinka.
3. Hudson Jeans’ refreshing lookbook concept for spring 2012 is a stop-motion video comprised of many photos of a model wearing the jeans. Super cool (and we bet it saved them some money).
4. See what a good, worn-in pair of jeans looks like over at Dr. Denim.
5. This editorial in VS magazine’s september issue might have ridiculous ’90s hair that makes us feel like we’re in an overtly sexy episode of Saved By The Bell, but there’s a whole lot of perfectly distressed, gorgeous denim to oogle at.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: Denim On Denim, Distressed Jeans, double denim, Hudson Jeans, Kate Moss, mandinka, spring 2012 lookbook, vs magazine