We’re most familiar with Dimitri Zoz as the designer behind the denim line of the same name, but the Italian brand is making the leap into home goods with the launch of Dimitris Zoz Home. Since we love their precisely embellished jeans and studded shorts (check back on the blog for your chance to score a pair pretty soon!), we’re super-psyched to see what they’ll come up with next, furniture-wise. Their first release, a couch called the Chester, is made out of Tuscan Italian denim that’s been treated with Teflon. The functionality is cool and all, but it’s the poppy colors–from neon yellow to rich purple to a sophisticated charcoal–that truly captures our hearts.
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and other irresistible tid bits of inside info! Catch up on what’s happening (or totally not happening) and browse our personal picks after scanning the web this morning. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Denim shoes don’t have to give you the blues… this grey & red pair from Vans stray a bit from the indigo routine.
2. Dimitris Zoz Denim‘s new website has launched! We featured their studded, colored denim shorts recently as a fun option for spring.
3. Images are out for Velour spring 2012 menswear, and we’re loving the clean, classic style.
4. Guys, need a warm denim workshirt this winter? Want something other than the standard denim jacket/shearling combo? Check out the Iron Heart Blanket Lined 8oz Denim Overshirt. The inside is cotton flannel, the outside is raw.
5. The Denim Guy runs into some controversy from friends & family when he cuffs his jeans. We say go for it, Johnny! But not in the NYC winter.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: cuffed jeans, cuffing jeans, denim for men, denim shoes, DIMITRIS ZOZ Denim, Iron Heart Blanket Lined 8oz Denim Overshirt, velour spring 2012, workshirt
DIMITRIS ZOZ is an Italian denim brand with a lot going on. They’re not a jeans company—they produce high quality denim products that extend far beyond the baby blue’s you wear on your legs. Their aim is fashion-forward design that survives the whims of passing trends and seasons, and they execute this through sportswear (workshirts, outerwear, jeans) accessories (tote bags, shoulder bags), a line of denim home furniture, and most recently, a collection of pastel shorts, covered in studs. You may not be ready to commit to a denim couch, but we can bet you’ll wanna rock these shorts in the spring!
See the behind the scenes of their Autumn/Winter 2012 photo shoot below:
Their e-boutique is coming soon—you can sign up for their newsletter for updates. You can also follow them on facebook.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: behind-the-scenes video, denim accessories, denim bags, DIMITRIS ZOZ Denim, spring fashion, studded denim, studded jeans, what to wear