Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and inside info! Catch up on what’s happening and browse our personal picks for the most interesting what-not that turns up during our morning web crawl. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. You might need to take a breather after watching this Joe’s Jeans video–it makes printed denim look hot, hot, hot (which, in case you didn’t know, it already is for fall).
2. In her latest music video, for the new song “Girl Gone Wild,” Madonna wears BLK DNM‘s Jeans 8 in DLNCY BLACK. Stretchy, high-rise, and danceable? Good to know we have some Material Girl-approved dancing denim options!
3. Diesel‘s “Our Glory” men’s denim collection launched last week in San Francisco, complete with a performance by PAPA and lots of awesome pieces made from vegetable indigo and shuttle looms.
4. Can’t wait to see this! J Brand is planning to open its first flagship stores in the next 15 months in New York and London.
5. Get your hands on David Bitton’s new premium denim line, aptly named DAVID BITTON, for clean, sophisticated (and oh so colorful) jeans.
Tags: BLK DNM, david bitton, Diesel, fashion video, J Brand, Joe's Jeans, Madonna, printed denim
Diesel’s amusing atrocity, which you want to look away from but cannot (due to what appears to be defied laws of physics in the photos of a model wearing faux-jean underwear), is on sale at ASOS. We guess it’s on sale because you, like us, would rather be caught in a pair of raw A.P.C.’s between the sheets than denim underwear. Here, the texture, shape, fit, and general point of wearing denim is mocked by spandex and a cute scalloped trim. If you don’t think it’s awful, imagine taking someone home and when they strip down, you see… this. Where’s your mojo now?!
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: denim underwear, Diesel, jean underwear, on sale, spandex
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and other irresistible tid bits of denim industry inside info & our personal picks after scanning the web. Check out what’s happening (and totally not happening) in the world of denim now. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. What if finding the perfect pair of jeans was as easy as getting a body scan? Acustom is the the denim line belonging to the latest brand promising custom jeans through this method—Fitted Fashion. The Soho NYC design studio, aiming to be a platform for companies to provide custom clothing to their clients, will open in early 2012.
2. We love this post—confession of the worst jeans bloggers around the blogosphere have ever owned.
3. Diesel is re-launching their womenswear collection with a new design team, headed by Heikki Salonen. The line will be aimed at women ages 25-35 and see improved silhouettes. Sounds good to us!
4. Rockstar Denim opened a store in Paris, in the 7th District at 7 Rue de Grenelle, opposite the Christian Louboutin boutique. So, if you’re in the area, be sure to stop by and grab some cool denim and t-shirts.
5. Tired of looking at stick-thin girls in jeans, trying to figure out what will look good on your fabulous curves? Check out Girls With Curves for photos of a gorgeous gal above size 30, looking fly in varied denim styles.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: Acustom, Christian Louboutin, Diesel, Fitted Fashion, Girls With Curves, Heikki Salonen, jeans that fit, perfect fit, plus size denim, Rockstar Denim, the worst jeans, womenswear collection
We love Diesel. Don’t get us wrong. And we usually jump all over Diesel jeans, their denim dresses, and their super cool urban accessories. But the latest release in the realm of totes & carry-ons from Diesel Island is iffy. And by iffy, we mean… ugly. Maybe it’s the shape of the bag against the akward contour, the handle bases being too close together, the awkward DIY-esque placement of the studs, or the feeling that too many ideas were crammed into one design. In any case, we won’t be buying this one. The line they belong to, dubbed “The Divina”, are available in three styles and fabrications, and $350—$440.
Sorry Diesel! We still love you!
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: denim accessory, denim bag, denim tote, Diesel, fall accessory, the divina, ugly bag
You didn’t think we were going to forget about L.A., right? From coast to coast, Denim Therapy will be out in full force for Fashion’s Night Out, covering top denim brands of the evening. In Los Angeles, Denim Therapy’s Kathy Ng Hassan will be live blogging from 6 to 9 p.m. on Floor 3 with fellow bloggers The Denim Guy and Denimology, for GQ Magazine‘s Authentic Denim event at Saks Fifth Avenue in Beverly Hills. Come and shop, hang out and show off your jeans! RSVP is required, so don’t be left out in the heat: firstname.lastname@example.org. The bloggers station is sponsored by Doctrine Jeans.
Don’t forget: if you’re in New York, visit Denim Therapy at 7 ForAll Mankind for Fashion’s Night Out.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: 7 for All Mankind, AG Jeans, Denim Therapy live, Diesel, doctrine jeans, Fashion's Night Out, Hudson Jeans, Joe's Jeans, Nudie Jeans, Saks Fifth Avenue, True Religion
We’ll be honest, we wear denim cut-off’s all year round. With a cute pair of tights and some fresh kicks, you have no excuse to push your jean shorts into a “summer” box and stuff them under your bed. But it’s true that there’s a certain magic that comes with the season of Daisy Duke‘s, and while there are still a few humid, sunny days left in the August-to-September transition, it’s a good idea to get the most out of them. We’ve put together three outfits we adore for some summer denim inspiration. Go forth, and wear denim shorts!
Check out these three denim-shorts-loving looks below…
Look 1: Bohemian Babe
1. Zadig & Voltaire Cream Drama racer tank ($105) – buy it at My Wardrobe.
2. Willow under-wired corset ($495) – buy it at Net-A-Porter.
3. Siwy Alexa cut-off shorts ($195) – buy them at American Rag.
4. Kate Spade ‘Cut To The Chase’ bib necklace ($148) – buy it at Kate Spade.
5. Mia Limited Edition Spartan Sandal ($119.95) – buy them at DSW.
Look 2: Cafe Crawler
1. Helmut Lang cotton-blend chambray shorts ($110 on sale) – buy them at The Outnet.
2. Karen Walker Eyewear ‘Patsy’ sunglasses ($180) – buy them at La Garconne.
3. Coral pearl embellished crop top ($69) – buy it at Miss Selfridge.
4. Jeffrey Campbell ‘Mariel’ wedge sandal ($110) – buy them at Nordstrom.
5. CC Skye ‘Natalie’ bracelet in neon pink & yellow ($105) – buy it at Stefani Bags.
Look 3: Festival-Chic
1. Sam & Lavi pink ‘Kelsie’ tank ($55) – buy it at Les Pomettes.
2. Ksubi ‘Alberceque’ cut-off shorts ($169) – buy them at American Rag.
3. G by GUESS ‘Bloom’ lace bandeau top ($13) – buy it at Guess.
4. Gold cross double ring ($11) – buy it at Dorothy Perkins.
5. Diesel ‘Exposure’ High-top denim sneakers ($140) – buy them at Ssense.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: denim cut off shorts, Diesel, G by Guess, Helmut Lang, Jean Shorts, jeffrey campbell, Karen Walker, Kate Spade, Ksubi, short shorts, Siwy Denim, summer denim, vintage denim
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and everything else we couldn’t help but share. Check out what’s happening (and totally not happening) in the world of denim now. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Denim dealers Madewell featured music muse Eleanor Friedberger in Widelegger Jeans as inspiration for their readers to get stylin’ this fall. See all the ways she rocks these jeans.
2. Diesel is having a big sale on their spring & summer merch, ending August 31st. Now’s your chance to cash in on denim styles and more. Guys, grab a perfect fall denim jacket!
3. NYLON Magazine enticed its readers to sign up for My Habit, a site that promises “sought-after brands” and “membership-only prices” like every other flash sale site on the scene with a keen denim advert featuring vintage jeans and a gal who doesn’t wanna pay full price for them.
4. Selectism covers the NYC-based men’s denim line 4 Stroke at PROJECT LV. We like.
5. Denim Blog followed up with the men’s IRO lookbook yesterday, but are we seeing some of the same pieces as the women’s lookbook we linked to yesterday?
Tags: denim links, denim news, denim sale, Diesel, iro lookbook, Madewell, nylon magazine, project las vegas
Flash sale site Gilt Groupe has launched its first full-priced menswear ecommerce site, Park & Bond to cater to men who hate to shop. Actually, it’s for men who hate to go shopping and spend time rifling through racks and stacks at the mall. Think of it as an oldschool department store with the one person who will tell you what is hot and worth the money. We also like the nifty advice section in which you learn how to achieve the perfect tie dimple. Why we like Park & Bond: a strategic cultivation of mens denim brands from tried and true A.P.C., Diesel and AG Jeans to more indie denim labels like Naked & Famous, Nudie and Simon Spurr. Expect the brands to change with the seasons, but we’re quite okay with the current jeans offerings.
Go to Park & Bond online for more information.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: A.P.C., AG Jeans, Diesel, Gilt Groupe, J Brand, Junya Watanabe, McQ, menswear, Naked & Famous, Nudie Jeans, online shopping, Park & Bond, Park and Bond, Simon Spurr