Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and inside info! Catch up on what’s happening and browse our personal picks for the most interesting what-not that turns up during our morning web crawl. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Based on these photos from the fall/winter 2012 women’s collection shown at Diesel’s showroom, colored jeans are here to stay–admittedly, in more muted tones.
2. Via Welsh brand Hiut Denim Co., pick your raw denim type and fit, then track other Hiut owners and post about your pair using your unique registration number. Raw denim social networking FTW.
3. Racked LA stopped by Soho House West Hollywood to check out AG Jeans’ selection–prints and neon galore!
4. Winning combination: boyfriend jeans and bold-as-hell heels.
5. U.K. grocery store Sainsbury apparently sells jeans? They say their Miracle Jeans meld shapewear and denim, secretly lifting and supporting your booty. Bold statement from a supermarket chain.
Tags: boyfriend jeans, custom jeans, denim styling tips, Diesel jeans, Hiut Denim Co, neon denim, printed jeans, raw denim, shapewear denim, showroom
Gossip Girl fanatics, we are. No denying it. And since the series story line has more or less gone to then dogs, we’re not ashamed to admit that we mostly watch it for the clothes. Blake Lively may not be as needlessly extravagant and stylish off-screen as she is on set, but we still love what she chooses to outfit herself in. This time around, Diesel Grupee Skinny Jeans (part of the “fit your attitude collection”), which ring in at just $59.99.
See the full look below.
Image via Denimology.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: Blake Lively, celebrity denim, Diesel jeans, fit your attitude, Gossip Girl, grupee skinny jeans
Skinny jeans for men are back. Stylist/blogger Justin Livingston (wearing Diesel) shows men how to wear skinny jeans this winter in his blog, Oh, Munrowe. Actually, skinny jeans are his staple jeans fit, as there are pictures of him wearing them throughout the year. His style reminds us of runway trends at Burberry Prorsum, Paul Smith and Raf Simons, when oversized coats were worn over slimmer pant silhouettes. And, it’s no secret that women don’t mind seeing men in skinny jeans, especially when it’s pulled together well with some great wintry staples. Ready to put your old skinny jeans back into rotation? Here are some ideas—à la Oh, Munrowe—on how to style your jeans.
GET THE LOOK…
1. If you’re going to go for the skinny jean, why not go for selvage jeans! 1969 Selvage Skinny Fit Jeans in dark resin rinse (on sale for $89.95) – buy it at Gap.
2. Oversized duffle coats are the It Coats of the season. Lauren by Ralph Lauren Overcoat in Navy Toggle (on sale for $229.99) – buy it at Macy’s.
3. We love the neon blue squiggle accents on the pockets. Vivienne Westwood Anglomania by Lee Black Mechanic Squiggle Pocket Skinny Jean ($148.50) – buy it at My Wardrobe.
4. If you’re looking for volume in a scarf, then you’ve found it. ASOS Fishnet Snood (on sale for $24.54) – buy it at ASOS.
5. Red Wing®, known for making boots that’ll take you to Alaska and back, merges rugged with classy—sure to be a winter closet staple. Red Wing® for J.Crew 6″ round-toe boots ($240) – buy it at J. Crew.
Justin Living mages via Chictopia.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: Diesel jeans, fashion trends for men, gap 1969 denim, men's fashion, skinny jeans, skinny jeans for men, tight jeans, Vivienne Westwood Anglomania by Lee
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and everything else we couldn’t help but share. Check out what’s happening (and totally not happening) in the world of denim now. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Miss Sixty is celebrating the last days of summer with a sale that’ll fill out the holes in your fall wardrobe. Jump on it!
2. Hey East Coast, did Hurricane Irene do any denim damage in your life? We’ve got the quick fixes you need to get your jeans back in shape ASAP! Check out our new repair & modification services!
3. Laundry day? Read these 5 steps from Denim Debutante on how to wash your jeans for maximum longevity and comfort.
4. Step inside the d.brand concept store and gaze upon a world in shades of blue! Check this Swedish denim brand‘s official site and click “Store” to drop in for a visit.
5. Today’s super exciting denim sale item is a pair of fresh Diesel skinny jeans. Usually $250, these baby blues are yours for just $175.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: d.brand, denim links, denim news, Denim Repair, denim sale, Denim Therapy, Diesel jeans, east coast, how to wash jeans, hurricane irene, jeans repair, skinny jeans
First, make sure your boss isn’t reading this, because Diesel Jeans is revolutionizing the art of slacking off. Thanks to Diesel’s Be Stupid at Work campaign, you can now spend countless hours on Facebook while looking like you’re actually working. Yep. Diesel’s “ExcellBook” Facebook App turns Facebook into a spreadsheet. No more worrying about clicking that quick-minimize button!
The official video was viewable as of yesterday, but it seems both the Be Stupid at Work Web site (and access to the app download) and official videos have been shut down (aww). However, we found one player that still works, so you can at least see what could’ve been before it’s discovered (double aww!).
ExcellBook – Diesel – be stupid at work by TechGear
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: Be Stupid Campaign, Diesel ExcellBook, Diesel jeans, Facebook Addicts, slacking off
The wheels are constantly spinning over at Diesel Jeans. Not one to rest on their laurels, Diesel launches their new Jogg Jeans: jeans literally as comfortable as your sweatpants, in baggy and skinnier silhouettes. Perhaps it’s all the late nights and weekends banging out new marketing campaigns in their own sweatpants which inspired the latest denim hybrid, but the concept is quite intriguing. With the exception of raw denim, premium denim these days can be quite comfortable. But, Diesel thought it wasn’t good enough, apparently. The Jogg Jeans for men and women are slated to drop exclusively at Selfridges in June, and in stores worldwide in August.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: baggy jeans, Diesel jeans, Diesel Jogg Jeans, drawstring pants, hybrid denim, sweatpant jeans
On Tuesday, Women’s Wear Daily (WWD) held a Denim Forum at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel in Los Angeles, to bring together some of the fashion industry’s top denim designers, innovators and emerging influencers for keynotes on trends, markets to watch and marketing strategies. Speakers included the denim industry’s pioneers and top executives: Maurizio Donadi (Levi’s XX), Fran?ois Girbaud (Marith?+Fran?ois Girbaud), Adriano Goldschmied, Ron Herman, Peter Kim (Hudson Jeans), Paul Marciano (Guess, Inc.), Stefano Rosso (Diesel SpA), Jeff Rudes (J Brand), and many others.
From left: Adriano Goldschmied, Paul Marciano and Fran?ois Girbaud.
Images courtesy Stefanie Keenan/Women’s Wear Daily. Special thanks to Johnny Pinto, The Denim Guy.
Stay tuned for further coverage of the WWD Denim Forum, coming to you next week!
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: Adriano Goldschmied, Citizens of Humanity, Denim Forum, denim summit, Diesel jeans, Francois Girbaud, Guess jeans, Hudson Jeans, J Brand, Jeff Rudes, levi's xx, Maurizio Donadi, Mister Freedom, Paul Marciano, Peter Kim, Ron Herman, Stefano Rosso, WWD
The future Princess, Kate Middleton (nuptials are set to wed Prince William on April 29th, just days away!) is seen around England town in a pair of Diesel Jeans RONHOIR 88OZ. The uber stylish Kate paired her jeans with a simple cap sleeved button down shirt which she neatly tucked in to her flares following the trendy Spring theme (it must warmer across the Atlantic than it is on the East Coast). The blue cotton jeans feature a worn effect and are low waisted showing off her very slim figure. We hope she continues to stay true to her denim wearing days even after she is crowned.
Tags: denim flares, Diesel jeans, england, kate middleton, prince william, ronhoir 880Z, royal wedding style
JFK to LAX (or vice versa) is the big denim hub spotter for celebs. Zac Efron is the latest to be caught on the lens in a pair of super cool Diesel jeans. He spent the last two weeks filming “New Years Eve”, and looked a bit tired (though chic!) as he made his way through the terminal. He was wearing a knit cardigan, ripped Diesel Thavar 8ne slim jeans, sunglasses and a black beanie.
Tags: big apple, Diesel jeans, hollywood, jfk, lax, thavar 8ne slim jeans, Zac Efron