Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and inside info! Catch up on what’s happening and browse our personal picks for the most interesting what-not that turns up during our morning web crawl. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Based on these photos from the fall/winter 2012 women’s collection shown at Diesel’s showroom, colored jeans are here to stay–admittedly, in more muted tones.
2. Via Welsh brand Hiut Denim Co., pick your raw denim type and fit, then track other Hiut owners and post about your pair using your unique registration number. Raw denim social networking FTW.
3. Racked LA stopped by Soho House West Hollywood to check out AG Jeans’ selection–prints and neon galore!
4. Winning combination: boyfriend jeans and bold-as-hell heels.
5. U.K. grocery store Sainsbury apparently sells jeans? They say their Miracle Jeans meld shapewear and denim, secretly lifting and supporting your booty. Bold statement from a supermarket chain.
Tags: boyfriend jeans, custom jeans, denim styling tips, Diesel jeans, Hiut Denim Co, neon denim, printed jeans, raw denim, shapewear denim, showroom
Skinny jeans for men are back. Stylist/blogger Justin Livingston (wearing Diesel) shows men how to wear skinny jeans this winter in his blog, Oh, Munrowe. Actually, skinny jeans are his staple jeans fit, as there are pictures of him wearing them throughout the year. His style reminds us of runway trends at Burberry Prorsum, Paul Smith and Raf Simons, when oversized coats were worn over slimmer pant silhouettes. And, it’s no secret that women don’t mind seeing men in skinny jeans, especially when it’s pulled together well with some great wintry staples. Ready to put your old skinny jeans back into rotation? Here are some ideas—à la Oh, Munrowe—on how to style your jeans.
GET THE LOOK…
1. If you’re going to go for the skinny jean, why not go for selvage jeans! 1969 Selvage Skinny Fit Jeans in dark resin rinse (on sale for $89.95) – buy it at Gap.
2. Oversized duffle coats are the It Coats of the season. Lauren by Ralph Lauren Overcoat in Navy Toggle (on sale for $229.99) – buy it at Macy’s.
3. We love the neon blue squiggle accents on the pockets. Vivienne Westwood Anglomania by Lee Black Mechanic Squiggle Pocket Skinny Jean ($148.50) – buy it at My Wardrobe.
4. If you’re looking for volume in a scarf, then you’ve found it. ASOS Fishnet Snood (on sale for $24.54) – buy it at ASOS.
5. Red Wing®, known for making boots that’ll take you to Alaska and back, merges rugged with classy—sure to be a winter closet staple. Red Wing® for J.Crew 6″ round-toe boots ($240) – buy it at J. Crew.
Justin Living mages via Chictopia.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: Diesel jeans, fashion trends for men, gap 1969 denim, men's fashion, skinny jeans, skinny jeans for men, tight jeans, Vivienne Westwood Anglomania by Lee
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and everything else we couldn’t help but share. Check out what’s happening (and totally not happening) in the world of denim now. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Miss Sixty is celebrating the last days of summer with a sale that’ll fill out the holes in your fall wardrobe. Jump on it!
2. Hey East Coast, did Hurricane Irene do any denim damage in your life? We’ve got the quick fixes you need to get your jeans back in shape ASAP! Check out our new repair & modification services!
3. Laundry day? Read these 5 steps from Denim Debutante on how to wash your jeans for maximum longevity and comfort.
4. Step inside the d.brand concept store and gaze upon a world in shades of blue! Check this Swedish denim brand‘s official site and click “Store” to drop in for a visit.
5. Today’s super exciting denim sale item is a pair of fresh Diesel skinny jeans. Usually $250, these baby blues are yours for just $175.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: d.brand, denim links, denim news, Denim Repair, denim sale, Denim Therapy, Diesel jeans, east coast, how to wash jeans, hurricane irene, jeans repair, skinny jeans
First, make sure your boss isn’t reading this, because Diesel Jeans is revolutionizing the art of slacking off. Thanks to Diesel’s Be Stupid at Work campaign, you can now spend countless hours on Facebook while looking like you’re actually working. Yep. Diesel’s “ExcellBook” Facebook App turns Facebook into a spreadsheet. No more worrying about clicking that quick-minimize button!
The official video was viewable as of yesterday, but it seems both the Be Stupid at Work Web site (and access to the app download) and official videos have been shut down (aww). However, we found one player that still works, so you can at least see what could’ve been before it’s discovered (double aww!).
ExcellBook – Diesel – be stupid at work by TechGear
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: Be Stupid Campaign, Diesel ExcellBook, Diesel jeans, Facebook Addicts, slacking off
The wheels are constantly spinning over at Diesel Jeans. Not one to rest on their laurels, Diesel launches their new Jogg Jeans: jeans literally as comfortable as your sweatpants, in baggy and skinnier silhouettes. Perhaps it’s all the late nights and weekends banging out new marketing campaigns in their own sweatpants which inspired the latest denim hybrid, but the concept is quite intriguing. With the exception of raw denim, premium denim these days can be quite comfortable. But, Diesel thought it wasn’t good enough, apparently. The Jogg Jeans for men and women are slated to drop exclusively at Selfridges in June, and in stores worldwide in August.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: baggy jeans, Diesel jeans, Diesel Jogg Jeans, drawstring pants, hybrid denim, sweatpant jeans
On Tuesday, Women’s Wear Daily (WWD) held a Denim Forum at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel in Los Angeles, to bring together some of the fashion industry’s top denim designers, innovators and emerging influencers for keynotes on trends, markets to watch and marketing strategies. Speakers included the denim industry’s pioneers and top executives: Maurizio Donadi (Levi’s XX), Fran?ois Girbaud (Marith?+Fran?ois Girbaud), Adriano Goldschmied, Ron Herman, Peter Kim (Hudson Jeans), Paul Marciano (Guess, Inc.), Stefano Rosso (Diesel SpA), Jeff Rudes (J Brand), and many others.
From left: Adriano Goldschmied, Paul Marciano and Fran?ois Girbaud.
Images courtesy Stefanie Keenan/Women’s Wear Daily. Special thanks to Johnny Pinto, The Denim Guy.
Stay tuned for further coverage of the WWD Denim Forum, coming to you next week!
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: Adriano Goldschmied, Citizens of Humanity, Denim Forum, denim summit, Diesel jeans, Francois Girbaud, Guess jeans, Hudson Jeans, J Brand, Jeff Rudes, levi's xx, Maurizio Donadi, Mister Freedom, Paul Marciano, Peter Kim, Ron Herman, Stefano Rosso, WWD
We’ve got the dirt on the men’s campaign from Diesel’s Powder & Dirty Denim Collection. All we have to say is that if you went gaga over the women’s powdery femme fatale campaign then you’re sure to dig the mess the guys get into. This Spring Diesel sends the boys to work and has them laboring away in some of the filthiest of jobs in the entertainment industry. From the Special Effects Expert dealing with gushing spills of who knows what strange substance to the Bike Courier covered in the cities unholy grime, clearly these jobs aren’t all glamorous. And please don’t tell the Casting Director he has it easy. Think about it, how would you feel having fame-hungry models trying to get inside your Diesel jeans every day? Whew! Does anyone else ready for a shower?
For more images of the campaign head over to the Diesel website. Trust us, you won’t be disappointed.
— Sandoval Gomez
Tags: Campaigns, Diesel jeans, Dirty Jobs, Powder & Dirty Denim Collection, Spring 2011
This spring the Diesel woman gets tough and powderfull! And though she’s never quite been the ing?nue, in this campaign for the brands new Powder & Dirty Denim Collection she’s definitely the action-packed, ass-kicking, bonafide heroine. Chalky boxing gloves, smoking crotch rockets, even viciously dusty pitbulls—this girl will take on anything. All while managing to look effortlessly beautiful and sporting the latest in Diesel jeans of course. We’ve gotten a workout just looking through it all! Your turn!
For more images of the powderfull campaign check out the Diesel website, and be sure to stay tuned and get ready to get filthy as we bring you our coverage of the men’s looks!
— Sandoval Gomez
Tags: Campaigns, Diesel, Diesel jeans, Powder And Dirty Denim Collection, The Powder of Diesel