Missed out on anything this week? We make catching up easy with our round up of the most exciting blog posts we cooked up for you in the past seven days. You’re welcome!
1. Denim Therapy launches group therapy—Denim Therapy has decided that it’s time we start offering group therapy—with the launch of our new referral program! Now when you repair your jeans with us, you can earn DenimDollars by referring your friends… Keep Reading! ?
2. Diane Kruger Covers Glamour in Denim— Instead of couture gowns, we are seeing a lot of celebrities like Diane Kruger, gracing the covers of magazines in denim fashion. For Glamour Magazine’s March 2011 issue, readers are treated to a buffet of denim looks from J Brand, Diesel, Balmain and other brands… Keep Reading! ?
3. Extroverted and Shameless Minimalism: Cheap Monday S/S 2011 Lookbook—In an attempt for the brand to go with something different altogether from design to aesthetic, founder, creative director, and denim designer of Cheap Monday, ?rjan Andersson, stands in front of the camera for the new Spring Summer 2011 lookbook… Keep Reading! ?
4. Sao Paulo Fashion Week: Gisele and Ashton Walk Colcci Inverno 2011—Leaping from Paris and Milan Fashion Week, we hop on over to S?o Paulo Fashion Week (SPFW) where iconic Brazilian brand, Colcci just closed out their Inverno 2011 (winter 2011) runway show last Sunday. Gisele B?ndchen also returned to the catwalk, making her comeback of sorts as the face of Colcci… Keep Reading! ?
5. Get The Look: Alessandra Ambrosio in Black Orchid—While preparing for a recent trip to South America, Alessandra Ambrosio ran errands in Los Angeles wearing Black Orchid’s Black Jewel skinny jeans in the flattering grey ash wash… Keep Reading! ?
6. Window Shopper New York City: Paige USA—A stroll past the Paige windows in Soho, NYC (can you believe we were even out strolling in the midst of snow-pocalypse?) revealed a fun spread of celebrity gossip-esque magazines opened to pages full of the rich and the famous going about their business in Paige denim… Keep Reading! ?
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: best denim, best denim blog, black orchid denim, Cheap Monday, Denim Repair, Denim Therapy, Diane Kruger, Glamour Magazine, paige usa, referral program, window shopper
Noticing a trend here? Instead of couture gowns, we are seeing a lot of celebrities like Diane Kruger, gracing the covers of magazines in denim fashion. For Glamour Magazine‘s March 2011 issue, readers are treated to a buffet of denim looks from J Brand, Diesel, Balmain and other brands. We are loving the all-American and retro-centric Rockabilly chic looks, done tastefully in American flag themes and made complete by a carefully coiffed 1940s hairstyle with hard edged streetwear looks.
A former model herself, Diane certainly hasn’t lost her touch vamping and posturing for Glamour. She is also interviewed saying, “I truly, genuinely like clothes. Making them is an art form, and wearing them is a form of self-expression.” Read Diane’s full interview in Glamour Magazine, where she talks about her own style sensibility, boyfriend Joshua Jackson (TV’s “The Fringe”) and her latest movie,”Unknown” with Liam Neeson. Check out some of our favorite looks from Diane’s Glamour photo shoot!
Diane’s cover photo (left). Featured: Diesel shorts.
Featured: Theyksen’s Theory Posy denim jeans (left) and Balmain painted stretch jeans.
Featured: Diesel cropped jeans (left) and Balmain studded leather jacket and shirt.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: Balmain, celebrity style, Diane Kruger, Diesel, J Brand, retro style, Rockabilly, Theysken's Theory