See the full collection below.
Denim Habit, one of our favorite denim retailers—who happen to have just launched their online retail site—had a few minutes to answer some of our Q’s about brands, trends, and their latest ventures. Check out what CEO Brett Perloff had to say below!
Denim Therapy: We’re big fans of Denim Habit and the selection they provide to denim-lovers. Can you tell us the philosophy behind the brands you carry?
Denim Habit: We carry what we know our customers want. That’s the easy answer I guess. But the reality is that our customers are fashion forward and know what they look and feel great in. It is no surprise that the best brands in the world – the brands that we carry – are the ones who understand these fashions and continue to improve their products, expand categories and evolve.
DT: The e-retail site just launched, which is so exciting! How is that impacting the way you can reach out to your customers?
DH: Aside from being able to offer product in a different medium, our online presence allows us to speak to new customers all over the world who might never have heard of Denim Habit and certainly have not been to one….not yet at least.
We are able to explain who we are and what we do and it gives us a forum to educate fashionistas everywhere, even if they are not buying something. Without a doubt, our website also gives us the chance to learn from our customers in so many valuable ways.
DT: What are some of the most successful brands you sell?
DH: J Brand, DL1961, Adriano Goldschmied, Hudson, Henry & Belle and TEXTILE Elizabeth and James in denim. Non-denim brands that are very strong right now are Joie, Equipment, Patterson J. Kincaid, Feel The Piece, Emile and Zoa.
DT: Do you see the difference between customers for certain brands (ie: J Brand customers vs. AG customers)?
DH: Denim is a lot about fit and certain brands are better for certain body types. So, yes without a doubt, the customers can be different. What’s great about our sales associates is that they are so knowledgeable about our brands and which style fits an individual best. Our customers love that when they come in they are not wasting time in fitting rooms trying on jeans that will never work for them. It’s really one of the things that distinguishes us from other retailers.
As far as our online store is concerned, we are very excited about some new technology that we will be implementing to provide the same efficiency online.
DT: Can you tell us what’s next for Denim Habit?
DH: Special events are always on the horizon because we believe that we are not just a seller of clothes, but a community for those who understand the importance of fashion in our everyday lives – both functionally and as a form of expression. Events where we can get together and celebrate those are really important to us.
Also, we have a very unique program we are about to launch which we really think the fashion world is going to be excited about. All I can tell you is that the end result will be some really great new clothes. But that’s all I can say about that for now.
Shop your favorite brands at Denim Habit!
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: buy jeans online, denim habit, Designer Denim, where to buy jeans
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and other irresistible tid bits of inside info! Catch up on what’s happening (or totally not happening) and browse our personal picks after scanning the web this morning. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. It’s Cyber Monday, so online denim sales are abound. Just to name a few…
- You can score 30% off all fall styles at Mih Jeans until midnight.
- At J Brand, you’ll get a $75 gift card when you spend $275 (and if you shop beofre noon PST, you’ll get free 2-day shipping on your order).
- AG Jeans for men & women are on sale today at Hautelook (and check their website, because they’re having some Cyber Monday deals of their own).
- Miss Sixty is hosting a “private sale”—you can score 30% off the fall & winter collection by using code MISSPRIVATE11 at checkout.
2. Theory is having a women’s sample sale, with styles up to 65% off. Shop the VIP sale on Tuesday, November 29th (10AM – 7PM) or the public sales: Wednesday Nov 30th – Friday Dec 2nd (10AM – 7PM); Saturday Dec 3rd – Sunday Dec 4th (10AM – 5PM). Click for flier & more info.
3. Kate Middleton’s jeans left youngsters confused at an art therapy center in inner-city London. They reportedly asked where her princess dress was.
4. Wanna brighten up your week? Stay tuned—the adorable Replay And Sons Kids F/W 2011 lookbook is coming to DT soon!
5. Connecticut-based denim brand Amethyst Jeans are having a holiday food drive this December as part of the Food For Fashion initiative. They’re handing over new pairs of jeans in exchange for money, non-perishable food, and Sack Hunger Bags (provided by Big Y supermarkets). To participate, visit the Big Y Locations below (and check out the holiday concert series they’re hosting as well):
Big Y World Class Market locations: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• December 10th – Meriden, CT
• December 11th – Enfield, CT
• December 17th – West Hartford, CT
• December 18th – Rocky Hill, CT
Holiday Concert Events: 5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
96.5 TIC All Star Christmas – December 1st, Location: Toyota presents the Oakdale Theater, Wallingford, CT
Hot 93.7 Jingle Jam Concert – December 2nd, Location: XL Center, Harford, CT
Keep up with Amethyst Jeans on facebook for more info.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: amethyst jeans, cheap jeans, cyber monday, denim for men, denim on sale, Designer Denim, discount denim, discount jeans, food for fashion, kate middleton, replay and sons
The denim industry’s all-out explosion of options, from designer to discount and novelty to classic, is a double edged sword. While we all have five times as many options for jeans shopping as we did just a few years ago, that means there are more potential candidates to weed through before you find the brand with the perfect fit for you. And while fit is the ultimate deal breaker, you’ve also got fabrication, wash, price, and overall aesthetics to think about. Dang!
But never fear—we’re gonna make it a little easier for you, by breaking down some of our favorite brands into price points that work with your budget, and selecting our favorite currently-available jeans from each. You can scroll, click, shop, or take notes on which jeans you want to try on next time you’re braving the fitting room. Got a question about your body type or a brand you want to know more about? Email us, tweet at us, or ask us on facebook!
Denim Under $100
1. Forever21 Denim. Let’s just say it is hard to turn down Forever 21 jeans. Not only do they produce fun, on-trend styles, but you can’t beat the price! Quality is obviously not top notch, but you can wear out a pair of F21 jeans for over six months before they’ll need some Denim Therapy. While they have your classic blue jeans, they also have cuter, younger looks (rhinestones… we can’t really comment, but think prints, colors, and fun accents).
Our recommendations for Forever21 Men’s
Forever 21 Classic Slim jeans ($21.90) – buy it at Forever 21.
Forever 21 Slim Fit Jeans ($33.90) – buy it at Forever 21.
Our recommendations for Forever21 Women’s
Premium Denim Colored Skinnies ($22.80) – buy it at Forever 21
Damask Skinny Jeans ($29.80) – buy it at Forever 21
2. Express Denim. Express denim looks more expensive than it actual is, and that’s always a plus. They have best-sellers like bright colored denim, a range of stretch-skinnies, distressed dark wash, etc. Their men’s selection is almost as varied as their women’s, with straight leg, boot cut, slim fit, and other styles available.
Our recommendations for Express Men’s
Extra Slim Fit Straight Leg Zach Jean ($88) - buy it at Express
Slim Fit Straight Leg Rocco Jean ($88) – buy it at Express
Our recommendations for Express Women’s
Express Flare Leg Stella Regular Fit Jean ($69.90) – buy it at Express.
Express Zelda Jean Legging ($79.90) – buy it at Express.
3. Lucky Brand Denim. What we really love about Lucky jeans is that while they have a simple look to them, their great fit makes them good for everyday. These are not jeans for risk-takers—the styles are classic, the washes are versatile (but not head-turning), and they carry your basic fits in men’s and women’s.
Our recommendations for Lucky Brand Men’s
Lucky 121 Heritage Slim Jeans ($99) – buy it at Lucky Band.
Lucky 487 Relaxed Fit Jeans ($99) - buy it at Lucky Brand.
Our recommendations for Lucky Brand Women’s
Lucky Brand Zoe Skinny Jeans ($99) – buy it at Lucky Brand.
Lucky Brand Charlie Capri Jeans ($99) – buy it at Lucky Brand.
Denim From $100 – $200
1. Hudson Jeans. Hyper-stylish Union-Jack-wearing denim brand Hudson is a cult favorite for a reason. The fit is great, the brand DNA has major sex appeal, and their collaborations and products are innovative and exciting! Their mens and womens denim range works for every customer .You can feel confident that you’ll find a solid pair of jeans no matter what style you get.
Our recommendations for Hudson Jeans Men’s
Buckley Five Pocket Athletic Fit in Athletics ($154) – buy it at Hudson Jeans
Beau Five Pocket Micro Boot ($189) – buy it at Hudson Jeans
Our recommendations for Hudson Jeans Women’s
Hudson Nico Super Sinny in Purple Coated ($198) – buy it at Hudson Jeans.
Hudson Sadie Mid Rise Wide Leg Trouser in Burgess ($176) – buy it at Hudson Jeans.
2. AllSaints Jeans. Allsaints jeans = rock’n'roll. If you want some edge in your wardrobe, you can’t go wrong with this brand’s attention to details (vintage-inspired hardware, 3-D baked creases and resin finishes on some jeans) coupled with desirable price points (none of their jeans are over $150, including their raw and selvage denim).
Our recommendations for AllSaints Jeans Men’s
Luger Cropper Runner Jeans ($120) – buy it at AllSaints
Moonshine Texel Jeans ($150) – buy it at AllSaints
Our recommendations for AllSaints Jeans Women’s
Huko Pipe Skinny in Petrol ($150) – buy it at AllSaints
Petrel Brodie in Black ($130) – buy it at AllSaints
3. Current/Elliott. Current/Elliott is known for re-introducing the Boyfriend jean and getting the hype back up to “must have” status. They’re a go-to denim brand for flattering fits and refreshing takes on denim separates. Their subtly arched waistbands protect your modesty and heritage denim inspirations in their designs, season after season, provide jeans for women and men that will outlast most fashion trends.
Our recommendations for Current/Elliott Men’s
The Relaxed Straight in Cove ($184) – buy it at REVOLVE Clothing
The Slim Straight in Cast Iron ($178) – buy it at REVOLVE Clothing
Our recommendations forCurrent/Elliott Women’s
The Stiletto In Grey Leopard ($198) – buy it at REVOLVE Clothing
Denim From $200 – $250
1. Nudie Jeans Co
. Nudie Jeans Co. believes denim is like a memory log of your life (we couldn’t agree more). All of their dry denims are made from organic cotton, and the company encourages you to break in your raw jeans through living your
life and seeing what kind of stains and abrasions show up. The Swedish label doesn’t explicitly delineate between men’s and women’s denim, which gives you all the more options for fit and style.
Our recommendations for Nudie Jeans Co. Men’s
Nudie Jeans Thin Finn in Black Coated Indigo ($225) – buy it at Revolve Clothing
Nudie Jeans Average Joe Jeans in Dark Organic Used ($225) – buy it at Bloomingdales
Our recommendations for Nudie Jeans Co. Women’s
Nudie Jeans Grim Tim Dark Night Jeans ($249) – buy it at SSENSE
Nudie Jeans Tight Long John Black Jeans ($200) – buy it at SSENSE
2. Acne. Acne does denim and it does denim well. The Stockholm line produces jeans that look classic and chic enough that they’ll probably never go out of style. No pair is overly-trendy or too outrageous, making them the perfect jeans to pair with everything and to grow alongside you (and your fashion preferences).
Our recommendations for Acne Men’s
Acne Moc Raw Jean ($203) — buy at farfetch
Acne Max Cash Jean ($242) — buy at farfetch
Our recommendations for Acne Women’s
Acne Needle high-rise stretch-denim skinny jeans ($230) – buy at Net-A-Porter
Acne Dark Flex Jeans Dark ($230) – buy at Gargyle
3. Vince Denim. L.A.-based Vince Denim is known for its casual-cool aesthetic–think ’70s-inspired flares and lightly whiskered, distressed jeans–and its sleek, slimming lines. Instead of sticking with just plain blue jeans, the brand also offers an array of colors ranging from rust to forest green to chartreuse to coral, allowing you to easily select jeans for many different occasions. Day? Night? Work? The country club? They’re game.
Our recommendations for Vince Denim Men’s
Vince Denim Slim Leg Jeans in Cannon ($225) — buy it at Vince
Vince Denim Straight Leg Jeans in Smuggler ($225) — buy it at Vince
Our recommendations for Vince Denim Women’s
Vince Denim Fonda Trouser Jeans, Nella ($225) — buy it at Neiman Marcus
Vince Denim Easy Rider Aiko Jeans ($225) — buy it at Neiman Marcus
Denim From $250 +
1. MAISON MARTIN MARGIELA. Forget blue jeans! Try denim in different colors for a change! Don’t get us wrong, we love our blues, but sometimes its good to venture out. Not sure where to start? Check out Maison Martin’s selection of colored denim. From brights to toned down washed out tones, there’s definitely something for the daring fashionista in everyone.
Our recommendations for MAISON MARTIN MARGIELA Men’s
Maison Martin Margiela
slim fit purple jeans ($465) — buy it at SSENSE
Maison Martin Margiela
J-pocket jeans ($440) — buy it at Barney’s Co-Op
Our recommendations for MAISON MARTIN MARGIELA Women’s
Maison Martin Margiela
fushchia jeans ($490) — buy it at Neiman Marcus
MM6 by Maison Martin Margiela
faded brown skinny jeans ($340) — buy it at SSENSE
2. Balmain. It might cost you a pretty penny but you can always count on Balmain to have you looking like rock n’ roll royalty. It’s no secret we’re fans of the brand and its iconic biker-style jeans, but nowadays this rockin’ brand offers much more than that. If waxed boot cut jeans sound intriguing, then we’re totally on the same page.
Our recommendations for Balmain Men’s
ultra slim fit stretch jeans ($970) — buy it at Luisa Via Roma
Our recommendations for Balmain Women’s
off-white mid-rise skinny jeans ($1,685) — buy it at Net-A-Porter
waxed fustain boot cut jeans ($1,223) — buy it at Luisa Via Roma
3. DSQUARED2. No one does cool, cutting edge denim with killer personality like Dsquared2. Definitely not for the timid, a pair of these babies are sure to get you noticed. Perfectly distressed and detailed to perfection, there’s no going wrong with Dsquared2.
Our recommendations for DSQUARED2 Men’s
biker leather patch jeans ($730) — buy it at Dsquared2
Our recommendations for DSQUARED2 Women’s
distressed dark wash jeans with leather appliques ($690) — buy it at Dsquared2
Tags: cheap jeans, denim by price point, denim on a budget, denim shopping guide, denim under $100, Designer Denim, what to buy, what to wear
With the excitement of fireworks and BBQs comes the inevitable desire to refresh summer wardrobes with new denim & jeans—patrioitcally, no less, stimulating the nation’s economy with each purchase! …Yes, we’re justifying every swipe of our card and dip into our purse this weekend with the promise of being better citizens as we pull on our brand new 7FAM skinny jeans or tie up our 80%20 denim shoes. We’ve rounded up a bunch of fun online sales for you to browse while you’re waiting for the bon fire to get roarin’! And we wish you all a safe, happy holiday weekend.
Opening Ceremony – Mark-downs on thousands of items, including shoes, jewelry, and clothing. Our pick: Alexander Wang denim foil pant. Was $395, now $158.
Urban Outfitters – Special selection of men’s red, white & blue tops, canvas & denim shoes, accessories, and more. Our pick: Van’s American Era sneaker. $60.
Tobi – Up to 70% off men’s and women’s jeans and fashion. Brands like MM6, 9 in the morning, J Brand, Current/Elliott, Hudson Jeans, and more! Our pick: J Brand Midrise 11″ Skinny Jeans in Royal Blue. $176.
Swirl - Some of them are sold out, and yes, we ARE to blame… but Swirl is hosting a sale on 80%20 shoes until Tuesday at up to 50% off. They have some amazing denim & blue canvas styles to pick from. Our pick: Flora Cutout Bootie in Chambray. $49.
Nasty Gal - Women’s fashion on-sale, take an extra 20% off already marked down items until July 4th! Our pick: MinkPink Lonely Hearts Denim Shorts (was $78, now $43.68) or the Charley 5.0 Tied Chambray Pants (was $130, now $72.80).
Hudson Jeans – Special selection of red, white, and blue shorts and denim, including new arrivals. Free shipping on orders of $150 or more. Our pick: Hampton Cuffed Short in red. $143.
Siwy - Get 25% off site-wide this weekend only, using the promo code 4TH25 at checkout. Our pick: Hannah cropped skinny jean. $182.
Joe’s Jeans – Grab a pair of their coveted red & blue Chelsea skinny jeans! Get 25% off your purchase AND free ground shipping when you use the code YankeeDoodle at checkout.
7 For All Mankind – Also hosting a red, white, and blue themed week, with no notable sales (but their prices are reasonable as usual). Our pick: The Skinny second skin legging jean in Garnet wash. $79.
Madewell - Extra 30% Off final sale items (already marked down) & get free shipping on orders of $100 or more. Use code SALEAWAY at checkout. Our pick: Earnest sewn harlan.290 jeans in kalma. Was $195, now $154.99.
Modnique – 4th of July Weekend apparel blowout, up to 78% off denim and apparel. Our pick: Current/Elliott distressed denim skinny jeans. Was $280, now $60.
Bloomingdales - Up to 40% off select apparel and jewelry until July 4th. Brands like True Religion, Citizens of Humanity, J Brand, Hudson Ferris, & more. Our pick: Citizens of Humanity Manic Cheeky Denim Shorts in Love Potion Wash. Was $168, now $117.60.
Shopbop - Up to 70% off apparel & summer fashion (all your favorite brands are here—they have everything.) Our pick: Patterson J. Kincaid chambray Crystal Jersey Tunic Dress. Was $148, now $44.40.
J.Crew - “Final sale” sale, featuring everything from outerwear to denim, jewelry, and summer apparel. Also score free shipping on orders over $150 when you use the code SHIP150 at checkout. Our pick: Bootcut jean in faded blues. Was $125, now $79.99.
The Outnet – Take an extra 20% off everything site-wide on July 4th Weekend on merch already marked down up to 75% off, by entering code SUMMER20 at checkout. Our pick: Twenty8Twelve Peg Painter mid-rise skinny jeans. Was $325, now $81.25.
Net-A-Porter - Huge site-wide sale ends on Sunday, so jump on it! Up to 70% off your favorite designer labels. Our pick: Theyskens’ Theory Peps low-rise flared jeans. Was $265, now $84.80.
Happy Shopping, denim-addicts!
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: 80%20, Alexander Wang, cheap denim, Citizens of Humanity, denim sales, Designer Denim, designer jeans, Hudson Jeans, J. Crew, jeans on sale, nasty gal, online denim sale, Siwy, summer fashion, summer sale, summer shopping