Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and everything else we couldn’t help but share. Check out what’s happening (and totally not happening) in the world of denim now. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Comme Des Garçons Homme Plus has released a denim & wool jacket, and it’s a super dapper selection for fall dressin’! It’s lined in silk and wool and the two-tone effect provides a palette of options for styling. For early fall, we’d go with some light beige corduroys.
2. Christopher Kane x J Brand = neon, top to bottom. It sure is fun to look at in these photos, but would even one of these pieces work in an outfit, separately? We’ll have to wait and see if there’s something more than meets the eye.
3. The French men’s line Alexandre Mattiussi is launching at Barneys New York this fall, in additional to 9 other retailers and an online store. Tom Kalenderian, general merch manager for men’s at Barneys says “AMI is targeted for a guy looking for modern classics.” Of course, they produce some great denim.
4. Hey big spenders! Up to 80% off Balmain jeans at The Outnet, right now! Jeans for “only” $400 (regularly far more).
5. This Spring 2012, GOLDSIGN Founder and Creative Director, Adriano Goldschmied lets us explore his passion and vision for daily life with “Goldskin”, an exclusive collection of mineral dyed suede, which will only be available to view and order at Tranoi tradeshow in Paris, France and Coterie tradeshow in New York, New York. Read the full story at The Denim Guy.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: Alexandre Mattiussi, Barneys New York, Christopher Kane x J Brand, Comme Des Garçons Homme Plus, denim & wool jacket, Denim Menswear, denim news