Every denim head needs to own Denim Style By Horst. A Friedrichs. Why? Check this out, from Mr. Porter: “Renowned photographer Horst. A Friedrichs took to the streets of London to snap the aficionados, retailers and makers of the contemporary denim scene. In an introduction written by Kelly Dawson of Dawson Denim, she heralds this pictoral work as “the rite of passage for the Denimhead.” The beautifully curated collection of photographs is complete with a mini dictionary at the back, making it a perfect gift for the denim-fan in your life.” Score it here.
Tags: classic denim style, denim street style, denim style, Horst. A Friedrichs, james dean style, Mr Porter, the history of denim
Go beyond your favorite cut-off shorts this summer with a pair of denim overalls! One of our favorite style blogs, A Pair & A Spare, shows us how she DIY’d a pair and she’s wearing them like a second skin. Here they’re paired with an epic silver tribal-style necklace and some simple strappy sandals. Would you take this look for a spin?
See the full looks below and more here.
Images via A Pair & A Spare.
Tags: cut off shorts, Denim Overalls, denim shorts, denim street style, summer style
Nothing like inspiration from the New York’s twice-a-year fashion holiday! We’re in the midst of New York Fashion Week, and from Lincoln Center to Milk Studios, this style-obsessed city is positively crawling with amazing outfits. We snagged a few of our favorite snaps of denim street style from Oracle Fox to show you what we mean.
Images via Oracle Fox.
Which look is your favorite? Let us know on facebook or twitter!
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: bleached denim, cut off shorts, Denim Overalls, denim shorts, denim street style, destroyed denim, New York Fashion Week, nyfw
Want a mid-summer look that’ll turn heads? One of our favorite bloggers, KAYTURE, stepped out recently in some gorgeous purple skinny jeans and a breezy a-symmetrical white tee. Pastel colored jeans are still topping the denim style charts, so no worries if you’re late on the uptake. Pair these beauties with a neutral white or off-white top, but keep it interesting with a hem detail or deep v-neck.
Image via Kayture.
Grab a pair of purple skinny jeans and get your pastel summer style in full swing!
Tags: colored denim, denim street style, lilac jeans, purple jeans, skinny jeans
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and inside info! Catch up on what’s happening and browse our personal picks for the most interesting what-not that turns up during our morning web crawl. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Be afraid, be very afraid. Denim Uggs have landed.
2. Civilianaire just launched an online store! They offer a large selection of men’s clothing, from denim to twills, knits, outerwear, and basics. The women’s offering is slightly less, but it includes jeans, and that’s what matters.
3. It’s that time of year again… IFB Con has come and gone, and Eat Sleep Denim snapped the best denim-clad attendees.
4. Tenue de Nîmes visits the office of Nigel Cabourn and uncovers a gold mine of vintage denim. Feast your eyes. They say part 2 is on the way.
5. Josh Hutcherson is on the cover of the new NYLON Guys Feb/March issue wearing denim, and appears inside the issue wearing Dsquared, Diesel, and All Saints.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: Civilianaire, denim street style, Denim Uggs, IFB Con, Josh Hutcherson, Nigel Cabourn, Nylon Guys, Tenue De Nîmes, vintage denim archives
Truth be told, there are too many killer street style looks out there to narrow it down to just one to show off sometimes. So we did the next best thing and picked the 10 that we’re pretty much obsessed with for you to gawk over! We love all of these looks for very different reasons, but there’s one thing about them that’s consistent: they show off our go-to and favorite textile, denim! Ultra-cool and casual to slightly bit more dapper these are the looks that are styled to perfection and have us wondering how the heck we can wear our denim duds next! Enjoy!
Kasia Gorol, Fashion Salade.
Nicoletta Reggio, Scent Of Obsession.
Jennie L., Going West.
Bea Benedicto, The Fashion Bamboozle.
Ebba Singmark, Modette.
Adam G., Men’s Side.
Erik Thorell, Honky Cat.
Eros Buzza, E.Buzza.
Christoph Schaller, ChristophWho?.
Images via Lookbook.nu.
Tags: denim street style, Street Style roundup, Street Style Watch
It’s the last day of NYFW! We’re celebrating by style stalking around Milk Studios and showing you some of our favorite looks from stylish-passer’s by. From models-off-duty in cut-off shorts with exposed pockets to show attendees in high-contrast cuffed bottoms and denim workshirts, the trend here is clear. Denim, denim, denim! And as the days of wearing short-shorts sans-tights come to an end, people are getting the most mileage out of their favorites. We snapped some of the best styles running around the streets yesterday and we brought ’em to you. Get inspired by some of the looks below!
—Photos & post by Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: denim street style, denim trends, milk studios, model off duty, New York Fashion Week, nyfw, spring 2012
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and everything else we couldn’t help but share. Check out what’s happening (and totally not happening) in the world of denim now. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. It’s no surprise that Alexander Wang is racking up awards (including the GQ Best New Menswear Designer award), but here’s another reason to get psyched about his endeavors: he’s releasing a T by Alexnader Wang x Dockers collection for dudes.
2. We love pink, but holy crap! J Brand’s squad of shocking pink jeans-wearing ladies on the FNO prowl had us…. erm… in shock.
3. True Religion’s new blog, True Religion Unstitched, is sending bloggers onto the streets during NYFW to capture denim style in its natural habitat. So far, so good!
4. Eliza Doolittle loves Vintage Levi’s cut-off shorts… but is this the worst outfit ever? You decide (we already have).
5. Not to be a bunch of Debbie Downers this morning, but Rihanna’s Armani Jeans ad is out and it’s pretty disappointing.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: armani jeans campaign, denim street style, eliza doolittle, JBrand, New York Fashion Week, nyfw, pink jeans, rihanna, true religion unstitched, vintage levi's cut-offs
When it comes to vintage-cool looks blogger Luanna of Peru has it all figured out. We crush over all of her retro-made-modern looks, but this one is definitely our favorite. Her oversized vintage acid wash denim jacket cuffed at the sleeve looks killer over this undeniably cute off-white crochet dress. We ain’t gonna lie—this perfect 80s meets 90s mix (which totally has us feeling a bit nostalgic) has us planning our next thrifting spree ASAP!
For more of Luanna and her killer style check out her blog.
Tags: '90s fashion, 80s Fashion, 80s style, 80s vintage, 90s style, 90s vintage, acid wash denim jacket, crochet dress, denim jacket, denim street style, fashion blogger Luanna P., oversized denim jacket, oversized vintage acid wash denim jacket, Street Style, thrifting, vintage denim jacket, vintage fashion, vintage style