Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and everything else we couldn’t help but share. Check out what’s happening (and totally not happening) in the world of denim now. Got a tip you think we should include? Email us!
1. In-demand dyed & studded denim cut-off shorts line “Runway Dreamz” is now in stock and available at Singer22, so whether you fancy a mint green or red-hot dye-job on your baby-blues this summer, you’re in luck.
2. Check out images of the newest buzz-worthy opening in the NY denim scene, the 3X1 STORE on Mercer Street. 3X1 is a custom-denim factory that churns out no more than 25 jeans per day while their soon-to-be-owners wait. See more photos at Urban Daddy.
3. Angela Lindvall pulls on a pair of Genetic Denim jeans amidst her photo shoot of luxurious evening-oriented sportswear in L’Officiel Paris. Nice touch.
4. Scrolling the Gold Whistle party pics from Lit Lounge (a fav watering hole in New York as it were), we saw of some denim styling we loved–including a destroyed denim vest (is that Mishka NYC we spot?) and high-waisted jeans with thick a striped t-shirt. (NSFW)
5. Imogene & Willie are about to put a little American History back into our favorite cotton twill. The Nashville-based brand has a new denim line you’ll love (or at least appreciate).
6. Ready to rock out all summer-long? Pitchfork posted their ultimate guide to summer festivals (and the list has us daydreaming of sunburns and music already). Shake off your shell bikini and cut those jeans into shorts!
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: 3X1 Store, denim news, denim store openings, denim style, gold whistle party, Imogene + Willie, links, party pics, runway dreamz, studded denim, summer music festivals