Check out our exclusive interview with Organico Showroom’s Marc Ernst about the line and what’s next for fall 2012!
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and inside info! Catch up on what’s happening and browse our personal picks for the most interesting what-not that turns up during our morning web crawl. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. The Selvedge Yard, PRPS, and Triumph Motorcycles teamed up to create the limited edition blackbird jean, and Scott Toepfer shot some awesome images of the jeans in action on–what else?–a kick-ass motorcycle.
2. We love denim sneakers and we love these versatile kicks from Levi’s sneakers, made in collaboration with Levi’s Japan. Their Hi Cone Denim Vulcanized Sneaker is half-made with stone washed denim.
3. Bleulab‘s opened its first retail store in Japan, located in the Harakuju District–but only for 45 days.
4. Check out this editorial from the May 2012 issue of Women’s Health, featuring Brooklyn Decker wearing a pair of True Religion cut-offs.
5. Printed shorts for summer? That’s what Paige + Liberty features for their latest collection, with tons of springy florals.
Tags: bleulab jeans, brooklyn decker, cut-off denim shorts, denim collaborations, denim sneakers, floral jeans, paige + liberty, True Religion
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and everything else we couldn’t help but share. Check out what’s happening (and totally not happening) in the world of denim now. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. You may recall that we’re fixated on fur x denim this fall-–so Terry Richardson’s campaign shoot for Japanese brand Moussy has us head over heels.
2. American Apparel is now making jeans for men, but they’re being likened to Mom Jeans. We’ll wait and see how long it takes to see them all over Bedford ave.
3. “Warp and Weft: A Snapshot of Raw Denim In The United States” is a raw denim documentary that’s in production and in need of funding. You can help out at their kickstarter page. This documentary is aiming to educate consumers about raw denim, suitable for everyone from beginners to experts.
4. The Denim Guy found the cutest pair of denim sneakers ever—lace-up velcro kicks with a saturated blue denim fabrication. They’re under $100 and available at Revolve.
5. Not Your Daughter’s Jeans is releasing limited edition jeans for Breast Cancer Awareness month. The “Marilyn Make a Difference Jean” is a straight-leg classic fit that flatters all figures. They retail at $120 and will be available at Nordstrom and Not Your Daughter’s Jeans.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: American Apparel, denim sneakers, Japanese denim, limited edition jeans, men's jeans, mom jeans, Moussy, Not Your Daughter's Jeans, raw denim documentary, terry richardson, warp and weft
Ok honestly, if denim is still missing from your shoe collection, what are you waiting for?? If your answer has something to do with these Visvim FBT Patchwork sneakers, then we understand. If not, we don’t, but we’ll save the scolding for another time. These shoes look like the perfect mix of sneaker and moccasin AKA the shoe of our dreams. The patchwork design, which pairs denim with colored suede makes these shoes a must-have for anyone who likes to keep their feet fashionable. They will be available sometime within the new couple of months, but until then this is one item that is not coming off our wish list until found safely in our closets.
Images via Highsnobiety.
Tags: denim sneakers, moccasin style, patchwork denim, suede sneakers, VisVim
Denim is taking over the world of footwear and Keds joins the club with these denim sneaker boots. We love how they are not your typical high-fashion shoe, but instead they seem to be the perfect sneaker to kick back in, enjoy the day, and reconnect with your inner child. The printed roll-over top really makes these sneakers stand out from the crowd, and if you can get your hands on a pair of them, we’re sure you will too.
Images via Lookbook.nu.
Tags: denim sneakers, Keds
When it comes to mens’ shoes, can you seriously say you can get by with only one pair? We all want that “everyday shoe” but stylistically, it can’t always work. We need a pair for work, a pair for working out, a pair for looking stylish while working on your movie script at the coffee shop, and maybe a pair for just walking the dog, because who knows who might be watching, no? Whatever the occasion, we found a multitude of denim and chambray shoes worthy of receiving indigo bleed on your selvedge jeans. And what’s more, you’d look pretty darn hot in them this summer. Are you going to get yourself some?
1. Mister Freedom x Palladium® “La Chaussure” Palladenim boots ($149.95) – buy it at Mister Freedom.
2. Diesel Exposure Low Washed Plimsolls ($74.13) – buy it at ASOS.
3. Supra Chambray Thunder Sneaker ($70) – buy it at Urban Outfitters.
4. Creative Recreation Porello in Chambray Denim ($90) – buy it atREVOLVE Clothing.
5. Diesel Expoband Sneakers ($160) – buy it at SSENSE.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: Creative Recreation, denim shoes, denim sneakers, Diesel, Mister Freedom, Palladium boots, selvedge shoes, Supra shoes
Wandering around the streets of Williamsburg, Brooklyn on any warm spring day, you’re bound to come across a ton of flea-market esque sidewalks full of vintage, second-hand, and (in this case) random items to be browsed. We happened to discover this pair of high-top denim sneakers sporting quilted top, denim fringe trim, and dragon embroidery. We’re all about questionable flashbacks from the ’80s and ’90s, but even we had to stop and blink at this one. So, our challenge is… how could you style these to make them… well, stylish?! Sound off on facebook.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: denim fringe, denim high tops, denim sneakers, embroidery, flea market finds, new york city, williamsburg