Dresses are awesome because they require little to no effort. Slip in, slip out, and you can be on your merry way. Now, jumpsuits and rompers should have the same effect, but they carry a bit of a stigma, even though they’re great to incorporate into your wardrobe as alternative one-piece options. They’re called playsuits because they’re fun. We’ve plucked twelve denim pieces that make our cut for spring and summer, check them out below!
Even though our favorite season is coming to a close, there’s comfort in the rampant summer sales on last month’s must-haves. Today’s find? An adorable ‘Winnie’ romper by Motel from Nasty Gal—formerly $78, now $54.60. We can’t read the name without imagining Winnie from The Wonder Years sporting it with her cute blunt-cut bangs (we have to imagine this was taken into consideration with the model’s ‘do as well). Pair this denim one-piece with platforms and a pair of vintage frames or wear it with tights this fall for a look that draws on childhood innocence and urban appeal alike!
Motel ‘Winnie’ romper ($54.60) – buy it at Nasty Gal.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: cheap denim, denim one-piece, denim romper, denim sale, end of summer sale, fall denim 2011, motel, nasty gal, the wonder years, winnie
In the market for a jumper? How about this hot little number, newly arrived at Hudson Jeans? The strapless draw-string waisted one piece features thick cuffed shorts and great contour seaming on the lower half, keeping the top simple and clean. A definite transitional piece from day to night (switch out your flip flops & beach hat for some knock-out jewelry and black wedge sandals), you basically won’t have to take it off until August! Juuust kidding (kind of).
Hudson Jeans Cabrillo Jumpsuit ($198) – buy it at Hudson Jeans.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: day to night fashion, denim jumper, denim one-piece, Hudson Jeans, summer fashion
Nothing like strolling through the garden, inhaling the sweet scent of roses & tulips, huh? Well wake up and smell ‘em, ladies! Floral denim is one of the biggest trends this spring, from jumpers to short-shorts (and even skinny jeans). We’ve rounded up a big bouquet of our favorite items at real nice prices so you can peruse the goods and kick this spring style tip into high gear.
1. Topshop MOTO Floral Denim Hot Pants ($70) buy it at Topshop.
2. Friend of Mine Venice Denim Shorts (on sale $115) – buy it at Shopbop.
3. Topshop MOTO pale blue floral print denim playsuit ($70) – buy it at Topshop.
4. ASOS PETITE Floral Jegging (on sale $22) – buy it at Asos.
1. Forever21 Distressed Floral Denim Shorts ($23) – buy it at Forever21.
2. Topshop MOTO yellow floral hotpants ($66) – buy it at Topshop.
3. Polo Jeans Co. Floral Print Shorts ($115) – buy it at Far Fetch.
4. Siwy Hannah cropped floral-texture skinny jeans ($228) – buy it at Siwy.
1. ASOS PETITE Exclusive Floral Skinny Jeans (on sale $38) – buy it at Asos.
2. Forever21 Faded Floral Denim Cutoffs ($18) – buy it at Forever21.
3. Delia’s Ditsy Denim Shorts - two color choices shown ($35) – buy it at Delia’s.
4. Topshop MOTO Bloom Floral print capri jeans ($80) – buy it at Topshop.
Bonus Round: Etsy.com Floral Denim Finds (One of a Kind!)
1. Vintage ’80s Floral Denim High Waisted Shorts ($36) – buy it at Kasifoundthis.
2. Vintage FOLIAGE floral grunge era denim jacket ($32) – buy it at TheSweetestVintage.
3. 80s Denim Jean Pink Blue Floral Mini Dress ($38) – buy it at classicgirlvintage.
4. Vintage 90s floral denim slim skirt. high waist ($24) – buy it at sheHEARTSvintage.
5. 90s Floral Denim Parasuco Cut Offs ($20) – buy it at doomtownduo.
Note: When buying from Etsy, item is one of a kind (one size only). Be sure to check the size and measurements of the garment in the seller’s description before making a purchase.
—Denim Therapy Staff
Tags: cut off shorts, denim one-piece, floral denim, flower print denim, jeggings, jumpers, Siwy, skinny jeans, spring denim trends, Topshop, VinTage
With a constant inundation of big & bad brands hitting us face first via inbox/RSS feed every day, we can’t like everything. But it’s true that even lines of questionable cool-caliber have something to offer. Some hidden gem. For Italian brand Rare, it’s the denim overalls in their Spring 2011 lookbook. They’re well-proportioned, perfectly creased, grunge-inspired, and ready to rock. The rest of the lookbook feels like it’s chocked with too many overlapping design details and (gulp…faux-necklace floral detail over a denim workshirt), but for this awesome one-piece release, we’ll forgive them this season.
Images via Denimology.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: denim one-piece, Denim Overalls, italian brand, ra-re, spring 2011 denim
In stores now and for a limited time: G-Star has produced the Griff Arc suit in raw denim. It’s a strapless denim romper cut in roomy arc legs and bodice top. Featured in the Spring/Summer 2011 global advertising campaign and worn by the campaign’s poster girl Gemma Arterton (“Prince of Persia”, “Quantum of Solace”), the Griff Arc suit “reflects G-Star’s core women’s theme of RAW Elegance, fusing contradictory elements of sensuality and toughness in a flattering all-in-one shape.” We love the semi-billow silhouette shown on the runway below—imagine yourself power-walking down the street in this ensemble! If you’re in the market for a strapless raw denim one-piece, then G-Star is the brand to try. They are known for their ability to mesh wearable runway silhouettes with premium denim.
Available now exclusively at G-Star monobrand stores throughout the United States. Find a G-Star store near you.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: arc leg jeans, denim one-piece, denim onesie, denim romper, drop-crotch, G-Star, G-Star Raw, jeans romper, strapless denim