Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and everything else we couldn’t help but share. Check out what’s happening (and totally not happening) in the world of denim now. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Target Australia’s denim campaign video, “Denim Nation”, gives new meaning to the term “living in your jeans”. Don’t try this at home, kids!
2. We’ve got a bunch of photos coming your way from the d.brand launch party at Gunbar (can you say sea of beautiful Swedish women?) but here’s a little something to hold you over.
3. The Denim Guy posted details on how to “Win an amazing journey to Nowhere” via Meltin’Pot. Pack your bags and read details on how to enter.
4. Levi’s X Surpreme Autumn/Winter features a denim vest that looks like it’s ready to withstand a NYC winter. Gents, take note (and check out the lookbook).
5. The 2011 Supima competition was hosted by Rachel Zoe and judged by model Coco Rocha (as well as big names like Charlotte Ronson and Nicole Miller). Denim dresses were a current in each of the finalists’ collections. You can watch the entire show here.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: beautiful swedish women, coco rocha, d.brand party photos, denim nation, meltin'pot, Nicole Miller, Rachel Zoe, supima 2011 runway, target denim campaign
Olivia Wilde graces NYLON’S August 2011 “denim nation” cover in nothing else but fab denim. The “punk gets pretty” editorial spread features Wilde donning some killer denim duds by the likes of Guess, Genetic Denim, Aritzia and The Gap. While discussing her latest movies, (Tron and Cowboys and Aliens) and of course her love of denim and all things pertaining to it. We fell in love with the white denim shorts paired with the white denim vest, the bikini top peeping through underneath the vest, has an alluring understatement to it. We also love the spiked bubble gum colored Chuck Taylors and the cover poster of Wilde,(A sneak peak at what’s to come in the issue,) wearing a pair of cut off denim shorts and a mid drift baring crop top. Her stance and poise in the photo make an outfit even this risqu?, sexy and confident. We can’t wait to pick up this issue which hits newstands and bookstores July 30th, we’re hoping you do the same.
Images via People’s Revolution.
— Ashlee Mellowes
Tags: aritzia, Chuck Taylors, Cowboys ans Aliens, denim nation, denim shorts, Genetic Denim, Guess, Nylon August 2011, Olivia Wilde, Punk, The Gap, Tron