Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and everything else we couldn’t help but share. Check out what’s happening (and totally not happening) in the world of denim now. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. How skinny can you go? Apparently J Brand doesn’t think they’ve gone skinny enough. They’re now marketing their “instant classic”, the “Super Skinny Power Stretch”. Is this sexy, or just too tight?
2. Get ready to covet the next limited edition Chanel nail polish hue! They all seem like must-have’s, but this one has our office sprinting towards the pre-order line. They’re inspired by denim, and they’ll be available Sept 8th.
3. This just in… Kate Hudson has a great sense of humor. She was photographed photographing the paparazzi while they were stealing shots of her in (appropriately) Hudson jeans.
4. Check out this Levi’s UK “Go Forth” ad that was pulled off the air in light of the recent riots.
5. Patrick Schwarzenegger is modeling for Hudson Jeans—look up! Yes, that’s Arnold’s oldest son. You know what? good for him. We’re glad to see these kids making strides and carrying on with their careers and education despite the excessive negative media attention.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: chanel nail polish, denim links, denim nail polish, denim news, Hudson Jeans, J Brand, kate hudson, Patrick Schwarzenegger
The infamous trio along with momager Kris are at it again and this time they aren’t quite aiming for our viewership, instead they’ve venture into a world unknown, they’ve turned to our nails. Yes that’s right Kim, Kourtney and Khloe have all gotten their nail technician license and plan to open up a salon near you… Okay, Okay, we’re just pulling your leg. In complete honesty, the audacious and ever thriving Kardashians have joined forces with Nicole by OPI (the avant garde of nail polish) to create some seriously kool lacquer for your nails. The lacquers themselves—a variety of pinks, reds, blues, and, of course, some sparkles— aren’t necessarily mind blowing but we do enjoy the quirky names such as “Khlo? Had A Little Lam-Lam” and Kourt Is Red-y For A Pedi” (how very Kunning and Kreative of them!) We especially fell in love with denim inspired hue “Listen to your Momager” which is a clear indication of how much the trio respect their Mom- ager. We think this line will be a successful business venture to add to their scroll of accomplishments and with so many K-adjectives how kan we not kare. Kardashian Kolors hits stores this December.
Images via Refinery29
— Ashlee Mellowes
Tags: denim nail polish, Kardashian Kolors, Kim Kardashian, Kourtney Kardashian, kourtney kardashian. khloe kardashian, kris jenner, Nicole by OPI
Sally Hansen has a something special for those of you who can’t seem to get no satisfaction. If it’s not enough to wear denim as clothing, why not tip your fingers with it too? Their new Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips hit the shelves this past month and have gotten rave reviews from the blog-o-sphere (not to mention our friends), but so far we haven’t seen too many people rocking the “Skinyjean” style, a replica of denim texture. We’ll take the liberty and get back to you in a flash with our review of this highly amusing denim-addict manicure.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: denim nail polish, denim nails, manicure, Sally Hansen, Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips, skinyjean