If you’re just getting out of your winter funk and easing into your spring wardrobe, thanks to the fair weather lately, perhaps you can take cues from Denim & Supply‘s Spring 2012 offerings of lightweight denim and chambray pieces that will go well with your go-to tee shirts or everyday jeans. In the women’s collection, the Ralph Lauren heritage really shines through in the hues and the easy jeans silhouettes. For the men’s collection, the notable statement denim are the denim jackets. Cut a bit boxier in faded washes, the jeans jackets are the hassle-free layering companions. The entire range is anchored by the softness that its vintage treatments offer; a classic way to wear spring fashions in an effortless looking way.
To cap off its 20th Anniversary, A/X Armani Exchange created the A/X VIDEOMIX app, a fun music video-fashion show creator, which can be found in the bottomless pit of handheld games we know as iTunes. The app for the iPhone and iPad puts you in the director’s chair as you produce your own music video. Choose your model: Alessandra Ambrosio, Marlon Teixera, Francisco Lachowski, Milou Sluis and more; select your music track, backgrounds and A|X 20th Anniversary Collection looks, which feature a lot of denim styles. To get an idea what cool runway show you can create, check out Giorgio Armani’s VIDEOMIX creation, “The SuperShow”. It’s almost cool enough knowing that Armani himself fiddles around in iTunes. Check out the gallery for some featured looks you can animate, shop and share.
After the show has been viewed, users can “like,” comment and rate A|X VIDEOMIX creations, which will permit special access to behind the scenes videos, footage of models preparing for the show and more. To download the A/X VIDEOMIX application, go to iTunes online.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: A/X Armani Exchange, Armani Exchange, Denim Looks, denim style, Fashion apps, iPad app, iPhone app, iTunes app
Agyness Deyn is known for being something of a chameleon and constantly changing her looks. Her hair has been blonde, red, brown and black during her modelling career. Always favoring a more tomboy styling, her hair has been every variation of boy-short as well. She also happens to style herself like ideal boyfriend material—here, a casual mix of black Genetic Denim paired with a plaid scarf/jacket ensemble and studded converse. This styling is glam, rock, funk, punk, indie all in one.
Tags: agyness deyn, black jeans, british model, Denim Looks, denim review, Genetic Denim
Ethnic and tribal-inspired prints are at the forefront of what’s in right now. From Mayan and Incan to Aztec and Navajo (sometimes even a cool hybrid of all of them) there’s totally something for everyone. We know things can get a bit tricky when it comes to prints, so we’ve put together a couple of looks to give you some outfit direction. The key is to take one bold statement piece and style it with simple and updated basics like cropped tees and a good dose of denim for a bit of cool edge. Keep things fully on-trend by throwing in some western bits into the mix like a cool modern boot and accessories with an earthy bohemian flare.
1. H&M Navajo print poncho ($28) — buy it at H&M.
2. Vanessa Mooney Ayasha woven bead leather necklace ($62) — buy it at Pink Mascara.
3. T by Alexander Wang cropped pullover ($92) — buy it at Barney’s.
4. KSUBI Alberceque cut-off denim shorts ($200) — buy it at Net -A-Porter.
5. Jeffrey Campbell Detention platform boot ($220) — buy it at Sole Struck.
1. Topshop Aztec print cropped tee ($36) — buy it at Topshop.
2. James Perse drawstring cotton-jersey maxi skirt ($165) — buy it at Net-A-Porter.
3. Mode Kungen acid wash denim jacket ($120) — buy it at Mode Kungen.
4. Alexander Wang Anabel ankle boot ($275) — buy it at Yoox.
5. Vanessa Mooney pixie brass leaf bracelet ($57) — buy it at Boutique To You.
Tags: acid wash denim jacket, aztec print, Denim Looks, denim outfits, ethnic prints, H&M, how to wear prints, Incan pirnt, James Perse, jeffrey campbell, Ksubi, KSUBI Alberceque cut-off denim shorts, mayan pirnt, Mode Kungen, navajo print, oversized acid wash denim jacket, South American prints, South Western Prints, T by Alexander Wang, Topshop, tribal print, Vanessa Mooney
Whether or not you’re going to be camping out at Lincoln center this week, New York Fashion Week is like the ultimate fashion holiday for any New Yorker who favors style (and global fans who love to follow the unveiling of the newest trend setting shows). But with cameras flashing from every direction, you’ll want to take this opportunity to bust out your best blue jeans, get inspired by super-glam statements, and take a chance on bold accessories. You can do all of this without going overboard, and below we’ve outlined five outfits to give you some wardrobe direction. See you at Lincoln Center!
1. Redherring Blue tie front denim shirt ($31.50) – buy it at Debenhams.
2. Sandro Jarod pleated chiffon maxi skirt ($335) – buy it at Net-A-Porter.
3. MARC BY MARC JACOBS ‘Claude’ Statement Necklace ($258) – buy it at Nordstrom.
4. Jessica Simpson PAI Cloudy Grey Sandal heels ($99) – buy it at Heels.com.
1. Kate Spade New York ‘Pearl Street’ torsade statement necklace ($448) – buy it at Nordstrom.
2. Mallory light-wash cuffed cut-off shorts ($14.99 on sale) – buy it at Delia*s.
3. H&M Oversize fine knit sweater ($21) – buy it at H&M.
4. Karen Walker Eyerwear ‘Bunny’ sunglasses ($210) – buy it at La Garconne.
5. MICHAEL by Michael Kors Woodley Combat Boots ($245) – buy it at Neiman Marcus.
1. CALYPSO St. Barth Sienna Tassel Vest ($695) – buy it at Calypso.
2. T by Alexander Wang washed CDC shirt ($210) – buy it at La Garconne.
3. Forever 21 Ethnic Stretchy Bracelet ($8.80) – buy it at Forever 21.
4. Jeffrey Campbell cosmit ‘Lita’ platform shoes ($159) – buy it at Sole Struck.
5. Sandro Pop high-rise wide-leg jeans ($300) – buy it at Net-A-Porter.
1. Kenneth Cole New York “Urban Multi” Lime Linear Earring ($30) – buy it at Endless.
2. Etoile Isabel Marant Qimi cotton-chambray shirt dress ($405) – buy it at Net-A-Porter.
3. Matthew Williamson nude & orange dip dye silk scarf ($406) – buy it at Joseph M.
4. Ego and Greed POLAND Neon yellow platform shoes ($114.95) – buy it at Sole Struck.
5. Banana Republic Madison leather satchel ($250) – buy it at Banana Republic.
1. STELLA MCCARTNEY Printed cropped denim jacket ($322.25) – buy it at The Outnet.
2. M by Missoni Wide-leg wool-blend pants ($625) – buy it at Net A Porter.
3. Sam & Lavi Kelsie Sheer Tank ($60) buy it at American Rag.
4. K. Jacques pour Opening Ceremony corvette 2-strap flats ($270) – buy it at Opening Ceremony.
5. Dorothy Perkins Mustard short plastic collar ($14) – buy it at Dorothy Perkins.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: Denim Looks, denim outfits, New York Fashion Week, nyfw
Photographer and fashion muse Blake Jacobsen never ceases to impress us with his always stylish and denim infused looks. We love that Blake can pull off everything from rockin’ grungy ensembles to this dapper and casual-cool look. His cuffed slim-fit jeans in a dark wash are perfectly styled with a navy blue blazer and pattern-clashing vest and tie. We love that this—what could be considered–dressed up look exudes a young and fresh vibe. And its exactly because of those styling choices like the patter-clashing that it manages to stay of-the-moment. The pop of color the camel braided belt adds is right on, as well as the cool factor the slightly pulled back beanie gives the entire outfit. All in all, an ace look it our book!
Catch more images of Blake’s look plus more on his Lookbook page and his blog The Style Manual.
Tags: Blake Jacobsen, casual-cool looks, cuffed slim-fit jeans, dapper looks, Denim Looks, Lookbook.nu, menswear style, navy blue blazer, pattern-clash looks, The Style Manual
Backstage at Fusion Fashion Show, an annual runway competition between Parsons and F.I.T. that has gained some serious street cred on the New York fashion scene (alumni include Prabal Gurung, Alexander Wang, and Chris Benz), cool denim looks weren’t hard to spot. From designers prepping frantically to models-off-duty, one needed only to point there camera randomly a shoot to come up with something covet-worthy. Check out the evidence below.
Photos, from left to right:
Model Logan wearing J brand (“J brand are the only jeans I wear.”) with Chanel logo tank top; Designer Meghan Spielman wearing wearing Dylan George denim with adorable lace top and floral combat boots; Designer Michael Maiello wearing Cheap Monday denim with layered knit top/scarf combo; Designer Woohyun Jang wearing acid wash jeans (“I don’t know, these are some Japanese brand.”) with all-black; Model Ernesto wearing designer Anna Lesassier’s red jeans; menswear designers hang with the models.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: acid wash jeans, Cheap Monday, Denim Looks, Dylan George, F.I.T., fusion fashion show, off duty model style, parsons, red denim
For the last few seasons we’ve seen many twists on classic trends, however for Spring Summer 2011 they get an added edge and VMan Magazine gives us a first look. From the suit to the back pack and (of course) denim, the highlights of the season are definitely not stuck on tradition . Styled by Tom Van Dorpe, the featured head-to-toe denim looks are a great! We are loving the Rag & Bone denim cape, and Prada has absolutely blown us away with not only a great denim short sleeve shirt but a great denim tie too. And of course no Spring Summer wardrobe would be complete without shorts like the ones used by G-Star and Thom Browne. Check out the rest of the featured trends here.
— Sandoval Gomez
Tags: Denim Cape, Denim Looks, G-Star, Meanswear Trends, Prada, rag & bone, Spring Summer 2011, Thom Browne, Tom Van Dorpe, VMan Magazine
Canada’s Flare Magazine starts off the new year in denim! The January 2011 issue features models Arlenis Sosa, Tiiu Kiuk, and Irina Lazareanu on the cover in matching denim shirts from eclectic and affordable fashion brand Joe Fresh Style. The three look modern and of-the-moment styled impeccably in over-sized, chunky accessories giving this denim look a new and chic twist. Perfect considering the cover shot is part of Flare’s A Fresh Approach To Style, a look at easy-to-wear, accessible, and fashionable clothing that will give any wardrobe a breathe of fresh air.
Image, Flare; Photographer, Max Abadian; Fashion Director, Elizabeth Cabral.
— Sandoval Gomez
Tags: A Fresh Approach To Style, Arlenis Sosa, Cover Shot, Denim Looks, Elizabeth Cabral, Flare Magazine, Irina Lazareanu, January 2011 Issue, Joe Fresh Style, Max Abadian, Tiiu Kiuk