Being five feet tall is something Sarah at Denim Therapy has come to terms with in her 29 years. She makes Eric get the jeans that are on the high shelves, and she has become an expert at standing on chairs when necessary. But, when she discovered Swedish denim company d.brand made jeans in her perfect waist size, she decided it was time to stop rolling her hems and get jeans that actually fit. Watch her talk about the revelation she had and get a sneak peak into the Denim Therapy office where all the magic happens.
Tags: d.brand, denim how-to, denim jeans, Denim Repair, denim therapy hemming service, denim therapy office, getting your jeans hemmed, hemming jeans, jeans for short people, swedish denim
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and other irresistible tid bits of inside info! Catch up on what’s happening (or totally not happening) and browse our personal picks after scanning the web this morning. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. For those about to shop… we salute you. And so does Racked NY, with a huge list of December sales for you to hit up if you’re in the area.
2. The Denim Guy shares his essentials list for what to pack when you fly into NYC for a week.
3. Industry Of All Nations wants you to know they’re available in select Urban Outfitters. Grab your pair of sustainable jeans online as well.
4. INDi Custom was featured on Elle.com—read all about it!
5. Japanese brand Spellbound released this classic denim jacket for guys, inspired by military denim use in WWII, with distinct streetwear details that don’t sacrifice the integrity of its inspiration.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: denim jacket, denim jeans, denim sales, indi custom, Japanese denim, menswear, packing tips, sample sales, what to pack, what to wear
“If you can track down the perfect pair of jeans for your figure and a handful of T-shirts that fit you well, you’ll have made a serious dent in building your ideal wardrobe. There’s really nothing that will serve as a better foundation for putting together great outfits.” —Lauren Conrad, from her book Lauren Conrad Style.
Tags: denim jeans, expert advice, jeans that fit, lauren conrad, skinny jeans, style tip, t-shirt, wardrobe foundation, what to wear
Sometimes two design elements work together so seamlessly, you just don’t need anything else. Take the latest Dominic Jones Jewelry lookbook, for example. Take one part dramatic metallic jewelry that celeb clients flip out over (Rihanna, Alexa Chung, and Florence Welch to name a few—the line won the Elle Style Awards’ Jewelry Designer Of The Year Award), and mix with one part artistically lit studded, spiked, and destroyed jeans… and you get a recipe for sex appeal. Check out the fourth installment of this hot accessories designer’s line below.
Images via We Are Selecters.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: denim jeans, dominic jones jewelry, elle style awards, jewelry designer of the year, metallic jewelry, silver jewelry
Grab a pair of Habitual Jeans for over 50% off until Monday…
“It goes without saying that Habitual denim is, um, habit-forming. It probably has something to do with the L.A. label’s knack for getting the everyday jean down pat. Starting with impeccable fit, the designs bring intricate washes and a distinctive Maltese cross logo to make a mark.” (Via Swirl)
Tags: 50% off, cheap jeans, denim jeans, denim on sale, fall fashion sale, Habitual Denim, habitual jeans, under $100
Jean shopping for fall? It’s time, isn’t it? But there’s the unending dilemma of finding jeans that fit, and that’s enough to deter some of us all together. Hark, Denim Therapy is here to assist! We can knock one element of the denim fit dilemma out the window so you can enjoy some autumnal retail bliss. Consider the following seven pointers when shopping for jeans if you’re worried about your back end (and really, who isn’t?):
1. Smaller pockets will make your butt look bigger.
2. Pockets angled outward will make your butt look wider.
3. Pockets angled too far inward are awkward looking, and morph the shape of your butt.
4. When the outer edge of the pocket reaches just below the side belt loop, and the pockets measure about 5 1/2 to 6″ in length, that’s a good standard for medium-sized women. (IE: Size 28-32)
5. Put them on and look at them! If you feel like the pockets are too tiny, they probably are.
6. Slightly oversized pockets can create a slimming effect. Double points for pockets with a wide flip closure on top.
7. Slight texture, like a stitched or embossed logo, can create interest that does not create a plumping effect, while too much texture is sure to make your butt look bigger.
Curious about the denim pictured above? They’re Frankie B. Jeans Studio Slim Bootcut Jean in Retro Blue. Buy ‘em here.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: denim jeans, how to buy denim, how to buy jeans, how to make your butt look smaller, pocket shape, which pockets are right for you
Odyn Vovk reveals his 2012 Spring/Summer Collection in a short fashion film. The denim vest, jean jacket, and jeans function as staple pieces for the man featured in the film, yet still manage to be unique due to distinctive collars, buttons, and light washes. The man in the film is going somewhere, and though he may not know where, he’s got the durable clothing to stick with him for the long run. You may not be going soul searching anytime soon, but these denim favorites are great pieces to have no matter where you’re headed.
Images via Hypebeast.
Tags: denim jeans, denim vests, Denim Washes, fashion film, jean jackets, light denim, Odyn Vovk
Denim Therapy has teamed up with LA-based denim brand SOLD Design Lab to outfit your legs for the rest of summer—and as they say, once you try them, you’ll be sold! They’re giving one of our readers the chance to score this pair of super-cute stretch-skinny jeans for free! Great for gals on the go, you simply pull them up and you’re on your way. They fit like leggings, but they’re true-blue denim jeans. Want a pair? Read on.
1. Like Denim Therapy on facebook.
2. Like SOLD Design Lab on facebook.
3. Comment below on this post with your email, and tell us why you need a pair of easy-to-wear, stylish jeans in your life!
Entries close on Friday, July 1st, so hurry!
SOLD Design Lab “Spring Street Skinnys”
Retail at $98.00, sizes XXS, XS, S, M and Lrg
Contest open to residents of U.S. & Canada only. Winner will be chosen at random from the comments that fulfill the above guidelines. We’ll announce the winners on Tuesday, July 5th. Questions? Email us!
—DT Staff & SOLD Design Lab
Tags: cheap jeans, denim contest, denim giveaway, denim jeans, free jeans, skinny jeans, SOLD design lab, summer denim