Missed out on anything this week? We make catching up easy with our round up of the most exciting blog posts we cooked up for you in the past seven days. You’re welcome!
1. Heat Wave: Calliope Spring 2011 Campaign—The forecast is snow and rain for the post-Christmas holiday, and our New York staff has already begun burying their faces in spring campaigns in hopes to alleviate the reality of winter elements. The Calliope spring 2011 campaign was one very effective elixir… Keep Reading! ?
2. The Undisputed Temple of Parisian Celebration—The French know how to party (come on, it’s where champagne was first made!), and apparently they also know a thing or two about wearing denim. The Antidote Magazine launch party in Paris this past November gathered a veritable mass of denim-wearing pretty young things to dance, drink, and show off their denim styling skills… Keep Reading! ?
3. Mister Freedom, Up Close & Well Worn—You don’t get much more Americana than a name like Mister Freedom, and just as expected from this classic-cool brand, their newest style, the Californian, boasts a 1950’s vintage reference that could turn you into a Rockabilly king in about as much time as it takes to pull on a pair of jeans… Keep Reading! ?
4. Eniko Mihalik is Denim Sex in Antidote’s First Issue—When we heard Antidote Magazine was basing their launch issue on denim, we were pretty stoked. But we definitely didn’t expect such a sexy study of our rugged twill blues. Model Eniko Mihalik rocks everything from the super-relevant basic denim work shirt to a tailored denim dress (though she seems to have a hard time keeping it on)… Keep Reading! ?
5. Flare Magazine: Starting Off 2011 In Denim—Canada’s Flare Magazine starts off the new year in denim! The January 2011 issue features models Arlenis Sosa, Tiiu Kiuk, and Irina Lazareanu on the cover in matching denim shirts from eclectic and affordable fashion brand Joe Fresh Style… Keep Reading! ?
6. Divine Rights & Forever21: Match Made in Heaven—Divine Rights of Denim for Forever 21 was sent to us from heaven to earth. The LA-based women’s contemporary line has joined forces (exclusively) with Forever 21 to provide its customers with premium product at affordable prices just in time for the holiday shopping season… Keep Reading! ?
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: antidote magazine, best denim posts, Calliope Spring 2011 Campaign, Denim Issue, Divine Rights Denim, Eniko Mihalik, Flare Magazine, Forever21, Mister Freedom
The French know how to party (come on, it’s where champagne was first made!), and apparently they also know a thing or two about wearing denim. The Antidote Magazine launch party in Paris this past November gathered a veritable mass of denim-wearing pretty young things to dance, drink, and show off their denim styling skills. The result (for those not fortunate enough to witness the madness first hand) was this video—a minute and forty-three seconds of denim eye candy and below-the-belt camera stalking, spliced with smiling faces and party-goers browsing the pages of Antidote (a massive 358 page hardcover book).
If you’re looking for something to inspire your post-holiday party calendar, we suggest you start here.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: antidote magazine, Denim Issue, Launch Party, Paris Fashion, Video