Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and other irresistible glimpses of inside info. Catch up on what’s happening (and what’s definitely not happening) and browse our personal picks after scanning the web this morning. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Heddels kicked off the new year by celebrating the top denim fades of 2011. You’ve heard of food porn, we assume? It’s sort of like that, but with jeans.
2. The Denim Guy set out in search of the perfect denim iPhone case, and seems to have found one he approves of at last, for a mere $22!
3. Remember Rihanna‘s sultry denim bikini photoshoot? The outtakes are pretty hot.
4. Here are some ESD’s favorite denim trends of 2011. Which ones did you subscribe to?
5. Notify Jeans spring 2012 lookbook looks like a series of behind-the-scenes snaps by a curious intern (maybe that was the point?).
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: behind the scenes, denim accessories, denim bikini, denim iPhone case, Denim Menswear, denim trends, raw denim, rihanna
We thought we’d take this opportunity to focus on denim accessories that adds a little bit of oomph to our everyday lives. Without being too over the top, these practical little denim accents—from pocket squares to computer cases—provides a hint of luxury for the man who is attuned to the finer things in life.
1. So you’ve got the deconstructed blazer and the coveted raw selvedge jeans. Throw in this sartorial pocket square and you’ll be stylin’ in seconds. Topman Blue Denim Dot Pocket Square ($20) – buy it at Topman.
2. When a silk tie just doesn’t make sense with your bleed-on-everything raw jeans, go all the way with this retro-inspired tie. G-Star Correct Line Denim Tie ($60.96) – buy it at ASOS.
3-4. We know that you’re committed to your technology, so protect your loved ones with only the best materials: these sleeves are made from heavy-duty 13.5oz White Oak raw selvedge Cone Denim. MS&Co iPad and iPhone Raw Selvedge Denim Sleeves ($65) – buy it at MS&Co.
5. Nobody you know has one—yet. ‘Nuff said. Railcar Fine Goods Selvedge Key Lanyard ($19) – buy it at Railcar Fine Goods.
6. We like to say this laptop case feels soft to the touch and speaks to your love of denim; but, heck, we know it’s a trophy item. Acne Einstein Denim Laptop Case ($230) – buy it at Acne.
—Kathy Ng Hassan
Tags: Cone Denim, denim accessories, denim iPad case, denim iPad sleeve, denim iPhone case, denim key fob, denim keychain, denim laptop case, men's accessories, selvedge denim accessories, White Oak