Indeed, denim makes more than a cameo in the HBO show, gracing the legs of not only the startup team protagonists, but also the tech titan Peter Gregory (played by the late great Christopher Evan Welch), who invests in them. And while Silicon Valley might be the funniest outpost to correlate denim with the tech world, it certainly isn’t the first.” (See the full post at Unzipped)
The newest set of young entrepreneurs are changing up the way we dress on the job. From interviews to daily life in the office, swapping ironed slacks for a crisp pair of jeans is becoming more acceptable by professionals around the world. Right now Refinery29 and Levi’s are pairing up to track down and interview some inspiring young minds who are making big strides in their fields. Some of those highlighted include Katie Amour of Matchbook Magazine, Emmett Shine of Gin Lane, and Kevin Systrom of Instagram.
Check out the full spectrum of jeans-wearing entrepreneurs.
—Michelle Christina Larsen
Tags: denim in the office, Instagram, kevin systrom, Refinery29, young entrepreneurs
Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and everything else we couldn’t help but share. Check out what’s happening (and totally not happening) in the world of denim now. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Swirl is having the ultimate summer denim clearance sale right now, with MIH Jeans, Genetic Denim, Blank Denim, and more. Regardless of original retail, everything is marked down below $50 (some way below).
2. Graphic designers, download free denim textures to work into your projects at Fuzzimo.com!
3. When did “zippers” get their name? Why do all of your jeans have a YKK zipper? Check out this informative video about closures of all kinds to find out!
4. Just in time for 4th of July weekend, Denimology has a review of these American flag exposed pocket denim cut-offs by Rockstar denim. We’re diggin’ these.
5. Candice Pratts gives tips on how to wear denim to the office and still look like a professional (hint: she says stick to dark washes). Stay tuned for our take on this issue. We’ve got a couple more tricks up our sleeves.
—Michelle Christina Larsen & DT Staff
Tags: 4th of july weekend, cheap denim, cheap jeans, denim clearance, denim in the office, denim sale, denim texture, free download, how to wear denim, online sale, SWIRL, ykk zippers