Welcome to your morning dose of denim news, links, sales, and inside info! Catch up on what’s happening and browse our personal picks for the most interesting what-not that turns up during our morning web crawl. Got a tip you think we should include, a sale you want to share, or a style you just saw and can’t live without? Email us!
1. Say what? Turns out scratch-n-sniff jeans are actually a thing, courtesy of Naked & Famous Denim. For $150, the men in your life can wear denim covered in raspberry-scented micro-capsules that release when scratched. Yum, yum.
2. Workers specializes in vintage-inspired reproductions, and their latest collection includes a denim tote that was inspired by a pair of Hercules overalls. It’s unexpected, and pretty excellent.
3. Gisele Bundchenlooks smoking in the spring/summer 2012 Versace Jeans ad. Sure, she’s topless–but we don’t mind!
4. Wrangler has a new campaign video showcasing its youthful spring/summer line. Watch out! It might give you vertigo.
5. With the help of model Krystal Glynn and filmmaker Taylor Steele, denim brand OneTeaspoon created this visually haunting short film of a girl who encounters a denim-wearing clan in the Australian forests.
Spanish Designer Coral Garrett is a fashionisto (check him out on Lookbook!) and a denim enthusiast. In his current collection in development, “The Big North Chapter,” Garrett has amassed a collection of vintage denim jackets in which he hand finishes, dyes, pattern change and applies leather pieces on strategic positions. Talk about denim DIY! In this video, Garrett shows how he exposed a denim jacket to the elements (it took three months to complete), which involved tying up his jeans jacket high up in a forest. We see his reserved excitement as he unhoists his weathered denim jacket and packs it quickly yet carefully, like a hunter who has secured his prey and is eager to take it home for a fine feast.
When Denim Therapy was first introduced to him, he was a mens accessories designer (man bags, clutches and folios). We are happy he’s expanded his repertoire into the realm of denim. What are you willing to do to yield custom faded denim? For more information, go to Coral Garrett online.
For your viewing and listening pleasures, we bring you model Brianna of Look Models, romping around in a couple of denim cutoff shorts. In “Summer Fun,” Brianna is styled with a couple of beach-friendly tops, taking a stroll while Beck’s “Golden Age” sets the mood. Don’t you just love those lazy weekends? And, don’t think we didn’t notice that she’s showing off a pair of Levi’s high-waisted jeans which have been cut at a slight bias, revealing more on the hips, and longer at the inner thighs. With a bit of fraying, the cut offs look very DIY, but done very well. What do you think of this look? Would you have gone with a low-rise pair of jeans, or do you think this is perfection?